9 replies to this topic

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Restless Sack

• Moderators
  • 501 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Hi friends,

since I finally got me "Netflix" (which I already start to regret, cause my family is permanently occupying our TV) I'm forced to play more often lbpvita again! And so I continued to work on a vita version of my first project for LBP3.

"Pairs Unleashed Vita"
by CuriousSack

"Pairs Unleashed Vita" is the adaption of the classical pairs memory card game for lbpvita. In my country every child loves this game and every adult hates it, cause we adults usually have no chance to win! :)
You have to find pairs of identical cards by covering up twocards out of twentyfour and memorizing their position.

In "Pairs Unleashed Vita" you have the choice between three different gameboards or challenges, two of them with three different card decks! The first two challenges are starting in a classical way with static cards (difficulty: normal). But there are also two variations of the degrees of difficulty (hard and extreme), where you get additional movement of the cards.
The third challenge is a totally new variation, which I've originally developped for my "Solar One" project for LBP3.

The level is nearly done, the intro, the gameboards, the logic, the menu, all done already! I will put together all elements hopefully this weekend, then I'll need some days for the music so that I probably will be able to publish the level till end of September!
:)

2181054efd621c852303e56d10d22573eb57254b
...the intro with tutorial...

e70bbafe1b96d5adda3271a1e4fa6baea752197f
...the menu...

aceeb557e09ec6b1fc01926c91f6fa5c9e9a2b3b
...challenge square...

be9ba9ba06307e984b926246b864229b3e3ea41c
...challenge circle...

45170c144888d6fa76f9c6328488b8c3ba1979be
...challenge hexagon...

I hope that I could arouse your curiosity, many greetings, Jürgen^^

• LittleBlackadder and katanagirl1 like this

lonelyking_signature4.jpg

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,027 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA
I think you need to buy yourself a new TV!
;)
That looks awesome, though!
  • CuriousSack likes this
Posted Image

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Restless Sack

• Moderators
  • 501 posts

Hahaha, I think I would need two new TV's, cause if I would buy only one, then my wife would occupy the old one and my daughter would occupy the new one! :)

I'm glad that you like the pics, Next week I will try to record a little trailer so that people can see the level in action! :)

Have a fine weekend and many greetings, Jürgen^^

• katanagirl1 likes this

LittleBlackadder

LittleBlackadder

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,943 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Hahaha, I think I would need two new TV's, cause if I would buy only one, then my wife would occupy the old one and my daughter would occupy the new one! :)

Perhaps you could tell your daughter that with Netflix she could be watching what she wants on her computer/laptop while at the same time your wife is watching Netflix on the old TV (though she would probably get the brand new one and you would get the old one ;) )

If the old TV doesn't have streaming capabilities then they could use the old PS3 to watch netflix and you get your PS4 back.

You could "encourage" them to let you use the TV or TVs more often by learning the bagpipes or how to yodel, practicing your Alphorn or buying a small cannon so that you can practice for a performance of Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture. :P

• CuriousSack and katanagirl1 like this

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Restless Sack

• Moderators
  • 501 posts

Hahaha, Malcolm, I totally like the idea of buying a small cannon to praise Tchaikovsky's 1812 overture, ... practising my Alphorn, yodeling and playing the bagpipes however are everyday routine to a Bavarian man like me! :P ...ok, bagpipes are not typical Bavarian instruments, we prefer to play the zither, the spoons or the jaw harp! :P

I've decided to spare me the money for a new TV and to change my sleeping habits instead! :)

Have a fine Sunday and many greetings, Jürgen^^

I've done the controls screen for the level, its interactive, you can touch the part of the psvita sticker and you can see its function on the middle of the screen.

05cb7b138e9f4897b5865a1f02e32f13d7d7f085

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Restless Sack

• Moderators
  • 501 posts

Good news! I made fantastic progress, all parts are put together and seem to function pretty good! :) Now there's only left to add some sound effects and the music, which I will compose in the rest of the week! There`s a good chance, that I can publish my level on weekend or til Tuesday in a week, which is a holiday in Germany. Oh, I forgot the fireworks, for the progress board! :)

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

• xerorogue, LittleBlackadder and katanagirl1 like this

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Restless Sack

• Moderators
  • 501 posts

Hi friends,

there has been a little delay finishing my level! Its been a beasty little bug! I spent the last days to find it and to eliminate it, without success! But today I found a way to make all function again!...at least I tested it 14 times nonstop and it did function! So keep your fingers crossed that now all problems are solved and that I now can do all the little details, the camera angles, some more sound effects, the music...

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,027 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA
Ah, it's always so satisfying to find the really nasty bugs that take so long to find!
:)
  • CuriousSack likes this
Posted Image

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Restless Sack

• Moderators
  • 501 posts

Hi friends,

my "Pairs Unleashed Vita" is finished now, normally I would start the beta test phase now, but again I have a little guest, which seems to enjoy my confusion, cause I have no idea, who has released the bug from its cage! So again I will spend my nights with hunting a phantom!

Sorry for the delay! :(

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Restless Sack

• Moderators
  • 501 posts

Hi friends, I finally could eliminate the bug so that I could start the beta-test phase today! I will wait for the feedback and afterwards try to add some kind of measurement system, perhaps a counter to count the needed clicks til one board is finished! And then I will publish the level next weekend likely.

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vita, minigame, 1P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox