• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

waffle_king23

waffle_king23

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOsaka

Ossu! So, as some of you know, i've been running the Roughly 15 Minutes Fresh community levels look-at series over on YouTube for about a year now. The original plan was to run it for a year and to think about whether i'd be renewing it for another year after that.

This is only partially about that.

So about six months in, i did a bonus episode where we looked at how the episodes were put together, and fielded a few questions that'd come up (not really as many of those as i'd hoped, but what can you do).

Anyway, i've just wrapped episode 42, which puts us at ten episodes left. Now ten weeks sounds like a goodly while, but it's not, not at all really. Over and done in a trice, to be honest.

Well, i figure i'll be doing a season end wrap-up bonus episode as well; not really sure what'll go in it, to be honest, since we've already covered the making-of stuff, which is where this topic comes in.

So, i'm wondering a few things, and hope you'll give me a heads up. Plus, anything else you'd like to know about.

1) How's the series gone for you (if you've been watching it)? Has it pointed you to levels you've enjoyed? Have the reviews matched your experiences in those levels you've played?

2) Has there been too much of something you're not interested in? Or not enough of something you are?

3) Have the reviews been fair, to your mind? And, perhaps more importantly, have they been consistent?

4) How's the technical side of things been? Audio and video clear? i think i've gotten most of those issues sorted, but if there's anything that needs improving, the sooner i know, the sooner it can be fixed.

5) Is there anything else that you'd like to know? In-world or out-? Questions unanswered? Plot points dropped? What's life as a geek in Japan like? Now's the chance to ask.

Note, none of this is connected to the series continuing or not, it's not interest-trawling (if i don't get 700subs, i have to quit! Whaa... Man, that style is the worst). However i decide to play things, LittleBite-sizedPlanet will still be around, so there'll still be reviews and the like coming down the pipe. This is more just a chance to find out what y'all are thinking, and getting a chance to talk back to you directly.

So, let me know, let me know. Episode 52 (and the bonus episode, natch) are scheduled for November 17th, so let's say the cut off for feedback can be....November 3rd? That'll give me enough time to put a goodly amount of thought into any real posers of questions.

Thanks as always, all of you! Have a great day, now!

• xerorogue, LittleBlackadder and katanagirl1 like this
Posted Image
時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。
ージョン・タインズ、作家

ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
Watch me butcher monsters and the Japanese Language!
Community Levels first impressions - Roughly 15 Fresh!

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 3,944 posts
  • LocationTX

Just going to copy/paste from LBPC :)

1) How's the series gone for you (if you've been watching it)? Has it pointed you to levels you've enjoyed? Have the reviews matched your experiences in those levels you've played?

I've been enjoying the series greatly and hope you continue. I always queue the levels and though I don't play near as much as I used to, they are there waiting for when I hop on. 

2) Has there been too much of something you're not interested in? Or not enough of something you are?

Not really. I'm mainly a platformer type guy and don't go for films or survival levels but will play them if they sound interesting.

3) Have the reviews been fair, to your mind? And, perhaps more importantly, have they been consistent?

I believe the answer is yes to both.

4) How's the technical side of things been? Audio and video clear? i think i've gotten most of those issues sorted, but if there's anything that needs improving, the sooner i know, the sooner it can be fixed.

Sounds and looks good to me. 

5) Is there anything else that you'd like to know? In-world or out-? Questions unanswered? Plot points dropped? What's life as a geek in Japan like? Now's the chance to ask.

Can't really think of anything at the moment. I think you're doing a great job and hope you do continue. I know LBP is really really slow, as the "heydays" are pretty much over but having something like this...really helps the community to keep going. So a huge thank you to you my friend.

• LittleBlackadder, katanagirl1 and waffle_king23 like this

cN8xRl2.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

Follow me on the Twitter @bioswoop

At the end of the day it's just a game, so chill the ____ out.

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,984 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA
Here are the ones for which I have responses:

1. I like your videos because I don't play but can still enjoy watching you play.
3. I think the reviews have been mostly fair, and as you continue to do them you have become more consistent and have more detailed examples to back up your ratings.

I like both of your series, but think that the shorter (BiteSized) one is great because it's less setup for you and easier to watch for me because it's shorter.

Like I said before, it's great that you focus on levels with few plays to help those struggling creators get some visibility to their levels. You should be the community manager for LBP becuause you do more for the game and the community than anyone else.
  • LittleBlackadder and waffle_king23 like this
Posted Image

waffle_king23

waffle_king23

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOsaka
Thanks both of you! i wouldn't be able to keep this up (or keep improving it) without the feedback.

Although...being Community Manager...that kinda sounds like a curse, KG. Actually, come to think of it, i'm not 100% sure what they do when it come to the nuts and bolts.
  • katanagirl1 likes this
Posted Image
ージョン・タインズ、作家

ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)

LittleBlackadder

LittleBlackadder

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,891 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Questionair-thing, thingamabob, whatchamacallit, doovalacky

I have honestly enjoyed the series and look forward to it each week :D . I might not comment in LBN till a couple of days later but I see them the day they come out.

Sometimes I wonder whether people who have not followed the series from the start might wonder what's going on in the introduction section.

Unless you have followed the story/ saga/ adventure/ journey of you, Mei and Skullface, then it might be very confusing, and new youtube viewers might think that the video is just about what the introduction is about and not about actual LBP levels? (if that makes sense)

Perhaps future episodes might be more self contained with their own introductory story and not so much part of a series.

As I have said, I found the introduction stories great to follow with their clever, language, humour and storyline but new viewers might be very confused.

This has always been very well done. You are not only fair but also suggest how aspects or sections of levels could be improved. :P

Your videos began at a high standard and have continued to develop and become highly polished. You even use different music tracks for different parts of episodes. ;)

The picture in picture where you describe gameplay not included in the original gameplay or of previously show levels, is really good. :D

Not really.

It's up to you with what you are comfortable in sharing about yourself to a bunch of fairly anonymous LBN members and youtube watchers. :D

• katanagirl1 and waffle_king23 like this

waffle_king23

waffle_king23

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 486 posts
  • LocationOsaka
Thanks, addy! The point about the...what would you call it? Metastory? Is a really good one, though not one i'm totally sure how to address right now.
The original concept was basically MST3k for LBP, and it only just struck me that that had a theme song that basically explained everything viewers needed to know, and to just relax if something didn't make sense, because it really wasn't that important. Even the seasons 8-10, where they're going through space visiting different planets (nothing too familiar there! Don't look too closely!) gets handwaved pretty quick.

Maybe i need a theme song?

*thinks about it*

Yugh...that's probably not the answer.
  • LittleBlackadder and katanagirl1 like this
Posted Image
ージョン・タインズ、作家

ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox