5 replies to this topic

zero-pilote

zero-pilote

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hello all,

For the past month or so a certain user named NFSWF3 has gone quite """popular""" on LBP1. The reason for that is for (fake) H4H and the absurd amount of levels he gets on page 1.

At the time of typing is, he has right now 13 levels on page 1.

No one gets this amount, apart maybe from the Ayee guys who still lurk around from time to time.

However, they have 20k hearts. He only has 800.

But the question is: how? His account looks like a throwaway/dummy, judging by his name and the missing profile picture.

Is it a glitch/exploit? Or just pure old luck?

I don't have a clue.

Thanks,

Zero

zero-pilote.png

waffle_king23

waffle_king23

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 531 posts
  • LocationOsaka
i would guess it's heavy output without much competition. How many levels do they publish/republish a day, i wonder.
Posted Image
時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。
ージョン・タインズ、作家

ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
Watch me butcher monsters and the Japanese Language!
Community Levels first impressions - Roughly 15 Fresh!

zero-pilote

zero-pilote

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

They publish 16 levels every 2-3 days, currently

zero-pilote.png

Sonicdude0107

Sonicdude0107

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 268 posts
  • LocationEarth, Solar System, Universe

They publish 16 levels every 2-3 days, currently

Publishing levels on LBP1 will always push that level to the cool pages for a brief amount of time. I imagine that coupled with the popularity of the levels keeps them on the cool pages far longer than they have any reasonable right to be.

As far as I'm aware, this type of functionality only applies to LBP1, maybe LBP2 as well. Alas, it is the reason why LBP1's popular community levels fell into ruins years ago... :(

zero-pilote

zero-pilote

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thing is, the only people I've seen that get their levels straight to page 1 are people with over 20k hearts. Smaller creators get their levels to page 2,3 and 4. Forgot to mention on my original post: His levels don't get on page 1 straight away. They get published to page 2, slowly go down and an hour after publishing BOOM, page 1.

zero-pilote.png

Sonicdude0107

Sonicdude0107

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 268 posts
  • LocationEarth, Solar System, Universe

Thing is, the only people I've seen that get their levels straight to page 1 are people with over 20k hearts. Smaller creators get their levels to page 2,3 and 4. Forgot to mention on my original post: His levels don't get on page 1 straight away. They get published to page 2, slowly go down and an hour after publishing BOOM, page 1.

I'm not sure. All I remember being told is that republishing your level sends your level back onto the cool pages. Maybe players with more hearts get to stay on the cool pages longer? I really don't know.
All I do know, though, is that it's broken and has been taken advantage of for years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox