• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

waffle_king23

waffle_king23

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 528 posts
  • LocationOsaka

So, i noticed that the little lock mark that pops up in the address bar had a red slash through it. i remembered from a different time that came up (on another site) that i could change the url to https to get to a secure version of the site (i think...look, i'll be honest, i'm not a computer-y person). So i did that, and FireFox tossed up this warning. i tried to put up a picture, but it's not loading right or something...

Anyway, the warning said, "Your Connection Is Not Secure. The owner of www.littlebignetwork.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website."

So...that's a thing? Didn't know if y'all knew about this, or if something funky was going on, but i figured i should give you a heads up. Maybe this has some connection to the posting issues i was having the last few days?

Anyhow, thanks for your time, and i hope you have a fine day! 

• CuriousSack, LittleBlackadder, katanagirl1 and 5 others like this
Posted Image
時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。
ージョン・タインズ、作家

ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
Watch me butcher monsters and the Japanese Language!
Community Levels first impressions - Roughly 15 Fresh!

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Restless Sack

• Moderators
  • 500 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Hi waffle_king23,

I'm also no computer-y man (though I definitely have a Y-chromosome :P), but as far as I know do the web browsers give this warning if a site hasn't changed over from http:(unencrypted) to https:(encrypted) by installing a certificate! Already changed have lbp-hub.com, sackinima.com and littlebigforum.eu! 

Not yet changed have littlebignetwork.com and lbpcentral.com!

If this information is wrong, then you're allowed to tar and feather me! :P

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

• LittleBlackadder and waffle_king23 like this

lonelyking_signature4.jpg

xxinvadergirxx

xxinvadergirxx

Awesome Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 98 posts
We must build a wall!
  • CuriousSack likes this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,013 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA

Something is going on with the site, my virus blocker goes crazy on certain pages, and it points to a couple of people's signatures.

The message seems confusing though, why would the site configuration change from login to login?  You only get the message sometimes. Are you possibly trying to connect to LBN on a public wi-fi when this happens?

• Pookachoo, CuriousSack and waffle_king23 like this
Posted Image

waffle_king23

waffle_king23

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 528 posts
  • LocationOsaka
Thanks for the answers, folks. As for KG's question, i can only guess, but maybe because i changed the url? i remember the other time this came up was on Penny Arcade, when i clickrd the lock icon that time, i got a pop-up that said i could just tack an 's' at the end of the http to get to the secure site, which worked.
i suppose when i tried to do that pre-emptively here, FireFox checked, found no certificate, and gave me the full page "nuh-uh." That's just a guess, but it's the first time i've noticed, and the first time i've tried.
  • CuriousSack likes this
Posted Image
ージョン・タインズ、作家

ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,013 posts

Thanks for the answers, folks. As for KG's question, i can only guess, but maybe because i changed the url? i remember the other time this came up was on Penny Arcade, when i clickrd the lock icon that time, i got a pop-up that said i could just tack an 's' at the end of the http to get to the secure site, which worked.
i suppose when i tried to do that pre-emptively here, FireFox checked, found no certificate, and gave me the full page "nuh-uh." That's just a guess, but it's the first time i've noticed, and the first time i've tried.

Wait a minute, are you saying that you think that will get you logged in without actually having to login? I would not recommend that.

So, if I understand correctly, you tried doing that and that is when you got the error message? I don't think what you were doing was legit, so I wouldn't worry about it - who knows what was going on at that point?
  • CuriousSack and waffle_king23 like this
Posted Image

waffle_king23

waffle_king23

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 528 posts
  • LocationOsaka
No, i'm pretty sure it wasn't that. i was logged in already, had done a post and the slashed lock icon just happened to catch my eye. Wasn't trying to do anything funny (trust me, i try to avoid doing much of anything i don't understand with m'laptop, i certainly couldn't fix it if it got broke), just remembered FireFox's advice from the previous time, and thought, "well, if they said i should do that then, i should probably do it here, too."
Which, admittedly, is kinda dumb, but it's like following advice from a mechanic when you know next to nothing about cars.
  • CuriousSack likes this
Posted Image
ージョン・タインズ、作家

ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,013 posts

No, i'm pretty sure it wasn't that. i was logged in already, had done a post and the slashed lock icon just happened to catch my eye. Wasn't trying to do anything funny (trust me, i try to avoid doing much of anything i don't understand with m'laptop, i certainly couldn't fix it if it got broke), just remembered FireFox's advice from the previous time, and thought, "well, if they said i should do that then, i should probably do it here, too."
Which, admittedly, is kinda dumb, but it's like following advice from a mechanic when you know next to nothing about cars.

I've had a few times when I've been inexplicably logged out here, even right after posting.  I can see that my username no longer appears on the menubar at the top when that happens.  I always just log back in.

I can't imagine why that sort of advice would have been given, except to point out (as a fun fact or something) that secure sites have the "s" in them.  Judging from your post above, the only feedback you got from Firefox was that it was not a secure site, not that you should add an "s".  I could still be missing something, though.

If you were indeed logged in, then the secure site icon should be there, if it's not then I would log out immediately if you are still connected.  I don't use Firefox so I don't know what a red slash on the icon means.  Most web browsers either have a padlock icon or don't.

The only error I've even seen anywhere online is a message about the site certificate having expired and that the site cannot be verified when I try to login.  That is when you get suspicious and avoid logging in.

• slufoot48 and CuriousSack like this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox