• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,933 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA

Thought I'd let you guys know. The only thing that sucks about this game is that you can't land on planets unless you have the Horizons season pass, which costs 29.99$.

Btw, Horizons season pass offers more than just landing on planets.

Ouch! That's a hefty price tag. Like half the price of another game.
:(
  • BiggiSchnupsi likes this

katanagirl1.png

BiggiSchnupsi

BiggiSchnupsi

Hot Shot Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 297 posts
  • LocationAustria

IMHO it's nonsense that there are two versions in the store. They should only offer the Commander Version(ED+Horizons), cause Horizons is a great part of the game.

What I heard is that with every new BIG update of the game (not all the smaller content), they sell the DLC for a bigger price than in normal games,

and I approve this, cause You have to consider that ED is a MMORG (even though You can play it solo), the whole economy, politics, yay everything in this universe is ON A Frontier-SERVER.

And a normal fee for a MMORG is around €10 a month! We don't have to pay for the Frontier servers, but they have to earn some money too :p:

btw. yesterday I took my first quests for the landrover(Horizons) and it was great. You have a permanent scanner like a radar, and the hunt after rare materials or questitems is

like a hunt with a dowsing ... it was real fun! The sound of the radar when something interesting comes near :P

But the wonderful colorful visuals of NMS are missing, seems they are not realistic enough for the lonely space ;)

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 3,934 posts
  • LocationTX

@Katanagirl  have you been following this Waking Titan stuff? Have you even heard about it? From what I understand, it started as an ARG (alternate reality game) that somehow people pieced that it had something to do with No Man's Sky. Then moderators of different NMS subreddits started receiving these cryptic cassette tapes. Then today there was this livestream on Twitch about Atlas. Here's the vid of that stream. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=vq1YPrBR71w

She says to go to this website ( http://csd.atlas-65.com/#about) and sign up for the Citizen Science thingy and they are giving out 10K Atlas V4 passes. Signing up for it gives you an email to verify first, then you get an email that says this:

Phase 001 View this email in your browser e67c9323-fc71-4040-bba2-b6cabcf848e5.jpg bc548825-0f0b-468c-b6f8-deb533b9d2f3.jpg
Welcome to the Atlas Foundation's Citizen Science Division. To get you up to speed, this email has three parts: What's Happened So Far, What To Do Now, and What To Expect.

What's Happened So Far
In order to forge a strong community of curious and unpredictable minds, the Atlas Foundation created a series of radio ads and puzzles shrouded in mystery. It was called Waking Titan. A number of strong communities became interested in Waking Titan.

Now we at the Atlas Foundation are using this momentum to further our core mission: investigating the nature of reality itself, with a particular interest in simulated universes. And you can play a pivotal role in this mission.

What To Do Now
You’re not required to do anything more to take part in the next phase of Waking Titan. You’ve already joined the Citizen Science Division, and you’ll receive key updates on the program as they occur. 

But if you’d like to do more, then you can visit the Citizen Scientist Survey and answer a few simple questions. This important data will help us to conduct a more rigorous set of tests, so your cooperation is tremendously appreciated. This will also grant you a higher degree of participation going forward. Once you’re done, we’ll give you a Citizen Scientist Class designation.

You may also be selected to receive a Level 4 Atlas Pass in the mail. Our supplies are limited, so we'll be randomly distributing them. Our apologies if you are not selected. 

What To Expect
On July 21, we'll enter the next phase of Waking Titan. We'll begin an intensive series of tests and challenges. These collective experiments could change our understanding of reality itself. 

We're looking forward to working with you. Thank you, Citizen Scientist.

Here's the subreddit thread all about the cassette tapes if you are interested in that. LINK HERE  Myself, I find this type of stuff intriguing!

• b-coli, BiggiSchnupsi and katanagirl1 like this

cN8xRl2.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

Follow me on the Twitter @bioswoop

At the end of the day it's just a game, so chill the ____ out.

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,933 posts

Yes I have heard of the ARG around this, but I'm usually averse to spoilers so I have not looked into it.

What you have posted above looks like something totally separate from the game, though.  While I would like to become more involved in the NMS community at large, I really don't like the story premise that relates to reality as a simulation, so I'm not sure what to think about this.

I had also seen some guys post on the NMS PS4 community that this stuff was saying there would be an update on the 1 year anniversary next month.

katanagirl1.png

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,933 posts
Big update supposedly coming through a week, announced via the Waking Titan group:

https://www.polygon....lo-games-ps4-pc

Portals supposedly willl be active

http://www.pcgamer.c...d-of-update-13/
  • b-coli, xerorogue and BiggiSchnupsi like this

katanagirl1.png

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 3,934 posts
  • LocationTX

Well of course my being an outstanding member of the Citizen Science Division, I already knew this. *toots own horn* I received the email/memo from Sean Murray today telling me so. I also received notification that due to my work on Waking Titan I would be receiving my Atlas V4 pass in the mail in the coming weeks. I wonder if it's made out of Platinum? Maybe some cool Holocard or something. LOL, I'm kidding. I'm sure it's some kind of paper sticker or something. In all seriousness though, I'm looking forward to this update. I've been trucking along with my Albumen Pearl farm and have just recently purchased a Freighter and have begun construction of a farm on it. Now I'm scouring the galaxy in search of water planets to find more Rigogen. 

cN8xRl2.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,933 posts
I didn't get involved because of the whole business about simulations being part of the game. That whole premise, to me, is ludicrous. The game is about exploring - just add more stuff to make the worlds more vibrant and unique. I don't have to have a story.

They did say something about input from the group being part of the update, so I am a little bummed I didn't get into it because of that. Oh well, I hope to do more analysis this weekend and produce more plots and conclusions based on the data.
  • b-coli likes this

katanagirl1.png

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 3,934 posts
  • LocationTX

I had some adventure tonight! So about a week ago I finally purchased a freighter and began building a farm on it. I know that with a freighter you now can have more than one ship. My ship, as cool as it is, is only 28 slots. Now, I haven't gotten another ship because this one is just too dang cool. But I do want a bigger slot ship so I can store more stuff when I'm scouring a planet. No big ships were landing in my freighter though. I'm on a planet earlier today and come across a 40 slot crashed ship! Problem is, if I exchange it on the planet, I lose my cool ship. What to do? So I place a beacon, head back up to my freighter and buy the first rink a dink ship that comes. Only cost me 300K. I go back to the surface and exchange for the bigger ship. Oh no! Crap! I forgot to get all my resources off of Serenity, my cool ship! I completely forgot that all the components on the crashed ship would be busted! Crap Crap Crap! So now I had to go on foot and search for all the minerals to fix the ship. Took a couple of hours but I was finally able to lift off. Then, get this, there were only 5 slots on the ship! The rest are broke and you had to pay to repair them! Cost me 20 million units to fix all the damaged slots! That's more than I paid for my freaking freighter!

• b-coli and katanagirl1 like this

cN8xRl2.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,964 posts

I had some adventure tonight! So about a week ago I finally purchased a freighter and began building a farm on it. I know that with a freighter you now can have more than one ship. My ship, as cool as it is, is only 28 slots. Now, I haven't gotten another ship because this one is just too dang cool. But I do want a bigger slot ship so I can store more stuff when I'm scouring a planet. No big ships were landing in my freighter though. I'm on a planet earlier today and come across a 40 slot crashed ship! Problem is, if I exchange it on the planet, I lose my cool ship. What to do? So I place a beacon, head back up to my freighter and buy the first rink a dink ship that comes. Only cost me 300K. I go back to the surface and exchange for the bigger ship. Oh no! Crap! I forgot to get all my resources off of Serenity, my cool ship! I completely forgot that all the components on the crashed ship would be busted! Crap Crap Crap! So now I had to go on foot and search for all the minerals to fix the ship. Took a couple of hours but I was finally able to lift off. Then, get this, there were only 5 slots on the ship! The rest are broke and you had to pay to repair them! Cost me 20 million units to fix all the damaged slots! That's more than I paid for my freaking freighter!

wait... you have to pay for slots in ships now? before once you repaired it, you got the whole ship.... what the heck?

• katanagirl1 likes this

on twitter @b_coli_ LBP related, or @TheMindOfColi everything else!

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,933 posts
I thought the broken slots were only on crashed ships. Hmm.

The update 1.3 notes are out, I think the update may be waiting for me!
:)

EDIT: I patiently waited an hour for the update, started it up and saw a few of the complaints I had were addressed in this update. Some of the existing recipes were changed to include new craftable items that I don't have recipes for. That sort of thing I don't like.

My home base, which was on a nice ocean planet with lush foliage, is now a crap radioactive world, and some parts of my base were missing and had to be recreated. I went to the galactic map to go on to the next star system, and instead of being 80,000 light-years from the center, I am now 334,000 ly away.

I feel so disappointed about that. I don't know why, for someone who wasn't in a hurry to get to the center, but it seems like a year of progress was just thrown away. I had to stop playing and shut off the PS4. I've been one of their biggest fans, and had to put up with all the crap about enjoying the game online from the haters. Everyone else seems to like all the new changes, but I don't know if I'm going to start it up again.

I can't really explain how I feel so upset about it, but I am.

Edited by katanagirl1, 11 August 2017 - 11:27 PM.

katanagirl1.png

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 3,934 posts
  • LocationTX

I'm torn. I've read the patch notes and was excited but after being on the forums and seeing all this stuff and that's it's better to start a new game. I don't know. So much work to get where i am now. A base farm that I'm happy with, a freighter that I'm building a farm on, a 40 slot ship, 150K LY from the center. I mean. I really don't want to have to start over. A lot are saying it's worth it though because of the new story and what not but dang, for one, I don't know if I'll ever find as cool of a ship as I have and two, it seemed like finishing the Atlas path took a long time as did finishing all the technician missions. Gah! I don't know yet. My update is still downloading. 9 hours to go. 

yeah, the crashed ship is the one I had to pay to repair the slots on. 

• katanagirl1 likes this

cN8xRl2.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,933 posts
Unless they completely changed the ships again, I will never have another 48 slot explorer like I have now. That's the thing with me - why do they keep changing EVERYTHING each update? I heard they made the galaxy much bigger and that is why I am so much further from the center. Did the galaxy NEED to be bigger? No, it just needed more than 4 planet types and 15 different animals.

This is the equivalent of a corrupted LBP3 save file for me. Screwing over the long-term fans to acquire new fans.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the guys in my base are gone and the quest log says I have to go recruit them again. I don't know why I should have to do that more than once! Probably because the blueprints I have now require different materials and stuff crafted from blueprints that have been added that I don't have.

Edited by katanagirl1, 12 August 2017 - 07:20 PM.

katanagirl1.png

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 3,934 posts
  • LocationTX

I started a new game. Trust me. DO START A NEW GAME. I am thoroughly enjoying it. There's a few minor things that annoy me, but for the  most part, I'm having a blast again. I am pretty ticked that before the update I was 150K ly from the center and now I'm 715K away. But, I think with the portals AND blackholes, maybe it's easier and faster? I don't know. I'm having a good time. Glad I started over too. I found a really nice planet to start my base on and working on that now. 

cN8xRl2.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,933 posts
I don't know xerorogue, they broke something and I think they should fix it. The update was poorly implemented and poorly tested if it wasn't intended to make you do all of the base building over again, and poorly designed if it was intended to do that.

If they fix it, I'll find a new lush planet for my base and then pick up on the new story.

For now, I'm giving Elder Scrolls Online a trial to fill the time.

katanagirl1.png

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 3,934 posts
  • LocationTX

No Man's Sky has always been my "side game." meaning, I usually play it when I'm waiting for another game to download (usually takes a week downloading over just nights) or when I'm doing a Platinum run like on Bioshock Collection. Just Cause 3 finished downloading and I started it and did a few missions but found myself wanting to get back in my ship and explore. I love it. 

Another thing though that irks me, is they changed the name of some materials and changed recipes. Like, Rigogen is now Sea kelp or something and Antrium is called something else now too. Don't know why the name changes. The new story is intriguing. 

• katanagirl1 likes this

cN8xRl2.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,933 posts
That's what broke the base building. The name changes like antrium to cave marrow. So stupid.

It was my main game for a solid 10 months. That why it makes me sad to see they broke it.

katanagirl1.png

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 3,934 posts
  • LocationTX

Another patch (1.32) was release this morning. Here are the notes:

Minor post atlas updates

1.32(new): https://www.nomanssk...ses-patch-1-32/

• Fixed an issue that could cause cargo slots not to unlock after purchase
  • Players who had previously learned all alien words are now able to progress through the story
  • Players who’ve unlocked all general exosuit slots can now unlock tech and cargo slots as intended
  • We’ve fixed an issue that caused base NPCs to stop responding after claiming a new base location. This will prevent new occurrences of the issue, a fix for those who have already experienced it is under investigation
  • Fixed an issue preventing players from being able to finish farmer and exocraft missions
  • The base terminus teleporter will now display mission objectives, allowing you to select the correct system. It will also no longer ‘forget’ mission critical systems. This will prevent new occurrences of this issue and a fix for those who’ve already experienced it is under investigation
  • Creative mode players no longer need to complete mercenary missions as part of the story
  • Fixed a rare issue causing multiple ships in a freighter to spawn on top of each other
  • Custom waypoints will no longer override the Atlas Path in the Galactic Map
  • Standing will now be correctly awarded for guild missions
  • Players who recruited base NPCs prior to update 1.3 can now take missions from those NPCs as soon as they are at their terminals
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to miss Atlas Stations, which prevented progress. This will prevent new occurrences of the issue, a fix for those who’ve already experienced it is under investigation
  • Fixed an issue that prevents some players from progressing when sent to an Atlas station as part of the story
  • Fixed an issue causing waypoint lines not to draw in the Galactic Map
  • Fixed some rare crashes
  • The power of Analysis Visor upgrades has been significantly improved, resulting in much higher rewards when scanning with Flora or Fauna upgrades

1.31https://www.nomanssk...ses-patch-1-31/

• Fixed an issue causing some players to crash when accessing the galactic map while having too many waypoints active
  • Fixed a crash some players experience when pinning certain tech
  • Fixed a crash which occurs when players with particularly long play-throughs attempt to save the game
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes resulted in guild missions not crediting correctly

Come on KG, come on back to NMS. 

• katanagirl1 likes this

cN8xRl2.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,933 posts
Yes, it does sound like they have fixed most of the issues. My base guys were gone, this doesn't say whether they will be back or if I'll have to find them again. At least it does sound like once they are there I can continue and not have to do all of those base building quests again, especially the exocraft ones (which I extremely disliked). So maybe I just pick them up at the space station and it's like they never left.

I'm torn now. I'm up to level 13 in Elder Scrolls Online and I have a one-track mind when it comes to games. I'll have to try playing both at the same time...somehow.

Thanks for passing along the news of this update!
:)

katanagirl1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox