Ghostseeker

Ghostseeker

Ghosts everywhere!

• Moderators
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationGhostland

99446de440f3958e6e4cde3b1c532c213cf03f11

A thread dedicated to No Man's Sky. Talk anything No Man's Sky related! :D

What are your thoughts and opinion on this game so far?

• EnochRoot, b-coli, BiggiSchnupsi and 45 others like this

GbTMZg2.png

Click here to check out my profile

4rRvglp.png

"Friendliest member of the year" Thanks LBN!

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA
Are there going to be spoilers? I just picked it up but might not get around to playing tonight.

I want to experience it all firsthand. I may wait to view the threads here for a while then.

EDIT: I did get a chance to pick up the game, but I was at the hospital most of the day and haven't even got a chance to play it. I just have one question for those who got the GameStop pre-order - where is the code for the goodies? I did unwrap the case but there wasn't a slip of paper inside or anything. I don't have an e-mail waiting for me with that information either.

UPDATE: Ha ha, just after I posted this, I finally found it on that 3 foot long receipt they gave me. I looked before and swore it wasn't there. Anyway...can't wait to get online tomorrow and play!

Edited by katanagirl1, 10 August 2016 - 04:08 AM.

• b-coli and Ghostseeker like this
Posted Image

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,974 posts

Are there going to be spoilers? I just picked it up but might not get around to playing tonight.

I want to experience it all firsthand. I may wait to view the threads here for a while then.

EDIT: I did get a chance to pick up the game, but I was at the hospital most of the day and haven't even got a chance to play it. I just have one question for those who got the GameStop pre-order - where is the code for the goodies? I did unwrap the case but there wasn't a slip of paper inside or anything. I don't have an e-mail waiting for me with that information either.

UPDATE: Ha ha, just after I posted this, I finally found it on that 3 foot long receipt they gave me. I looked before and swore it wasn't there. Anyway...can't wait to get online tomorrow and play!

yeah gamestop buries it in a whole receipt of text... took me a while to locate it too on my receipt.

as for the game...

anyone who knows me , knows i CANNOT stand RPG's. i am not saying this is an RPG, but there is a lot of crafting and mining and it basically is a survival game. kinda like minecraft for grown up :p:

i won't spoil anything, but i am SOOO glad i picked up the limited edition, which came with a better mining laser tool and also a WAY better ship.

https://twitter.com/...180037587607552

(sending links because the forum wont allow me to use the photos i posted to twitter)

to give you an idea, i played 3 hours non-stop last night (only died once(learning curve)) and i never once left the planet i started on. way too much to explore and document. i have started my planet of the pickles :p: my favorite creature so far is the Picklesaurus i discovered :p: but i have more to discover on the planet, so who knows how long til i fly around in space.

when the game is taking you to your planet, i noticed every so often in space, i could see planets with names that would pop up. not sure if these were planets others have documented or if they are just random, but its kinda neat to see while heading to destination :)

anyway, there is sooo much to learn and no directions, you are just plopped on a planet and you start. i kinda like that aspect. you are forced to learn and if you don't you die :) oh and life support does not slow down when you are in your menus, so don't think you are pausing the game in any way. ;)

anyway, i am loving the game so far. here are a few more pics i uploaded last night:

this one is of the fauna of the planet, everything on my planet looked like these weird mushroom/squid looking plants. i started on a toxic planet.

https://twitter.com/...169177871921152

these guys ran around all over and stomped, but never tried to hurt me and i walked right up to them.

https://twitter.com/...183048288415746

i HAD to take a picture of this "tree". it was so surreal, looked like it was a sculpture all by itself up on a ledge above everything else :) 

https://twitter.com/...193998026477568

anyone else have any cool pictures of their first planet or adventures?

• Ghostseeker and katanagirl1 like this

on twitter @b_coli_ LBP related, or @TheMindOfColi everything else!

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,375 posts

The Gamestop pre-order also came with upgraded ship and mining tool ;)

I had several crashes last night when trying to load previous game saves, one of which resulted in a glitch - but I think everything is turning out fine in the end. What happened is that I bought a new ship, then decided to reload my previous save, but the game had changed my ships appearance (only the appearance, not the functionality) to match the one I bought before reverting to the older save. That should not happen.

At another point I died, and then reverted to my previous save and everything looked normal, had all my stuff. Then I found my "grave" which had all my stuff from the other save - the stuff that had been restored when I reverted to the older save, so I got double items there.

I've had 4-5 crashes in total, all of those happened when trying to load a previous save. Aside from those, I'm very happy with the game. There are some things I would have different, if I were the supreme dictator, but nothing that's gotten in the way of my enjoyment.

I still prefer 3rd person and I want a little Ratchet type character to control, that's the main thing.

Totally sleep deprived now! I've been up very late the last two night :P

• b-coli and katanagirl1 like this

Ghostseeker

Ghostseeker

Ghosts everywhere!

• Moderators
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationGhostland

309ojyd.jpg

Found this creature who was kind enough to give me a blueprint on how to build a Hyperdrive. This is gonna be interesting. :p:

GbTMZg2.png

4rRvglp.png

the sexy sack man

the sexy sack man

sexy ting yeah

• Moderators
  • 3,947 posts
I haven't had such luck on no mans sky, I've luckily fixed my ship, however it took me ages to do so! I couldn't find the materials needed to fix the ship initially... until I had wondered for a fair few minutes... To realise on my way back that the materials were just slightly left of my ship -.-
I have fought 6 of the small sentinel robots by accident, I think it's strange how they come right infront of you when you're destroying rocks -.-
but love the game so far!
  • b-coli, Ghostseeker and katanagirl1 like this

Tj4aFhl.png

AwardBannercopy.png

'Funniest member of the year' Pretty sure I am the chandler of the site right now! 
Dr Kandatto said:

"If I give it a twist" Dave Grahl is obviously talking about SSM's Nipples

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,983 posts
The funny thing is they talked about the large day one patch for this game, so I was thinking it would take a while. It was only half as large as any LBP3 patch!

I've had no crashes or other issues so far, I just don't particularly like the save system. The most obvious place (for me at least) is not a save point. Why can't I have a manual save? I don't mind autosaves, as long as there is a separate manual save, but sadly that is a thing of the past for most games.

I died a couple of times until I got the hang of the inventory management, that really is central to the game. I wish I had more inventory slots, they are always full! This is what makes the game very realistic, though. Dying from sentinel attacks, dying from heat exposure since you have to walk everywhere and can't use fast travel! The lack of manual save made me afraid to try pushing the limits at first, but you can't really get far if you don't, so I just decided to keep going!

Like Pookachoo, I don't care for first-person but I will excuse it for this game because it is more immersive (unless you are trying to use your jetpack to reach a high platform, that is). The lack of scale for your player makes it look like you're inches from the ground, very unnerving! The other thing is it seriously violates the "walking is not gameplay" rule for game design, but the world is pretty and interesting so I guess I have to let that one slide as well.

I'm at the point where I can leave the first planet, except for needing a warp cell, I think it's called. I'm in no hurry to leave, still more things to see. I'm a little concerned because I have found more than 10 waypoints but the planet still says 0% complete, even though I uploaded most of the waypoint data. I think I missed uploading a few and it seems to only show the last 6 and you can't scroll through them. I wonder if you can explore the whole planet or if there are only certain waypoints a set distance from your original location. I may test that tomorrow.

Overall, I'm thoroughly enjoying it! A science fiction fan (or even a science nerd) dream come true is to walk on another world. This is the closest we have come so far, for those of us who are not astronauts.
  • EnochRoot and Ghostseeker like this
Posted Image

BiggiSchnupsi

BiggiSchnupsi

Hot Shot Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustria

Yay, a No Man's Sky thread stickytongue%20out.png

Pre ordered the game and started Wednesday at midnight .... couldn't go to bed.
Slept 3 hours and played the whole yesterday.

I'm still on my first planet, cause one time I left but couldn't stand that I had still two animals to find to complete the ?????? for 200.000 units^^. So I went back and I'm still there.

This game is a phenomenon for me, it is the most boring and most exciting game at the same time for me ;)
One of my new friends : https://twitter.com/...261826209550336

The bigger problem with NMS is, that I have no time to work ion my new level :ascared: https://twitter.com/...973216461709312

the sexy sack man

the sexy sack man

sexy ting yeah

• Moderators
  • 3,947 posts

Apparently the developer is already tampering with the vive, and it might eventually become a VR title (and it would work with the playstation VR)...

I can only imagine the joy id have with that in VR, still got 2 months and 2 days till playstation VR is out... I could see them having an update for this one day in the future... 

• b-coli likes this

Tj4aFhl.png

AwardBannercopy.png

'Funniest member of the year' Pretty sure I am the chandler of the site right now! 
Dr Kandatto said:

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,974 posts

The Gamestop pre-order also came with upgraded ship and mining tool ;)

I had several crashes last night when trying to load previous game saves, one of which resulted in a glitch - but I think everything is turning out fine in the end. What happened is that I bought a new ship, then decided to reload my previous save, but the game had changed my ships appearance (only the appearance, not the functionality) to match the one I bought before reverting to the older save. That should not happen.

At another point I died, and then reverted to my previous save and everything looked normal, had all my stuff. Then I found my "grave" which had all my stuff from the other save - the stuff that had been restored when I reverted to the older save, so I got double items there.

I've had 4-5 crashes in total, all of those happened when trying to load a previous save. Aside from those, I'm very happy with the game. There are some things I would have different, if I were the supreme dictator, but nothing that's gotten in the way of my enjoyment.

I still prefer 3rd person and I want a little Ratchet type character to control, that's the main thing.

Totally sleep deprived now! I've been up very late the last two night :P

i mistook the pre order bonus stuff, my ship came from Gamestop, and unfortunately i swapped ships before some apparent tutorial i never saw. so from what i have been reading online, now i cannot get the blue prints for the hyperdrive, so if i leave the planet, i wont be able to travel to any other galaxies or something. kinda annoyed at that, and see its apparently a big problem since you HAVE to be able to leave galaxy to play/finish game, hope its patched and they make a different way to get the blueprints. i am 6-7 hours in and do not remember ANY tutorials... have over $400,000 in credits from mining gold and now i "might" have to start the entire game over in order to trigger some tutorial that will give me hyperdrive blueprints... but then i doubt i would have my new ship and would have to resort to the tiny ship they give you at the beginning.... grrrrrrr. i am still having fun, but a tad annoyed at this developement...

i have not had ANY crashes yet, i have died once though, right next to my ship so it was easy to find grave :P

309ojyd.jpg

Found this creature who was kind enough to give me a blueprint on how to build a Hyperdrive. This is gonna be interesting. :p:

i never got to meet this guy :( see comments above :(

The funny thing is they talked about the large day one patch for this game, so I was thinking it would take a while. It was only half as large as any LBP3 patch!

I've had no crashes or other issues so far, I just don't particularly like the save system. The most obvious place (for me at least) is not a save point. Why can't I have a manual save? I don't mind autosaves, as long as there is a separate manual save, but sadly that is a thing of the past for most games.

I died a couple of times until I got the hang of the inventory management, that really is central to the game. I wish I had more inventory slots, they are always full! This is what makes the game very realistic, though. Dying from sentinel attacks, dying from heat exposure since you have to walk everywhere and can't use fast travel! The lack of manual save made me afraid to try pushing the limits at first, but you can't really get far if you don't, so I just decided to keep going!

Like Pookachoo, I don't care for first-person but I will excuse it for this game because it is more immersive (unless you are trying to use your jetpack to reach a high platform, that is). The lack of scale for your player makes it look like you're inches from the ground, very unnerving! The other thing is it seriously violates the "walking is not gameplay" rule for game design, but the world is pretty and interesting so I guess I have to let that one slide as well.

I'm at the point where I can leave the first planet, except for needing a warp cell, I think it's called. I'm in no hurry to leave, still more things to see. I'm a little concerned because I have found more than 10 waypoints but the planet still says 0% complete, even though I uploaded most of the waypoint data. I think I missed uploading a few and it seems to only show the last 6 and you can't scroll through them. I wonder if you can explore the whole planet or if there are only certain waypoints a set distance from your original location. I may test that tomorrow.

Overall, I'm thoroughly enjoying it! A science fiction fan (or even a science nerd) dream come true is to walk on another world. This is the closest we have come so far, for those of us who are not astronauts.

to get more inventory slots on your suit, when you find a beacon, search for "Shelter". this will show you where a pod drop is, go to drop and there is a pod there , when you climb inside, there is a suit upgrade that will add one additional space for inventory in your suit. i have collected 3-4 so far already. but they cost $$$. it is SO nice to have the extra slots. now to just figure out how to add to my ship or find out if i can only buy a ship with more spots.

i am having a blast in the game so far and not really doing much except exploring and mining GOLD! (thats how i got my $400,000+ credits) still have a couple creatures to find so the search continues, i noticed what katanagirl1 said, that you cannot scroll through your "found places", so i name them quick before they get pushed out of the 6 most recent places i discovered slots in the "pause" menu. i am at 71% of the planet so far..

i just wanna get home from work and play more :p: and its 5:57am here and i haven't even started working for the day! :p:

• katanagirl1 likes this

BiggiSchnupsi

BiggiSchnupsi

Hot Shot Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustria

As long as they don't make a VS Version .... (virtual smell) :Evillaugh:

• propost likes this

Ghostseeker

Ghostseeker

Ghosts everywhere!

• Moderators
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationGhostland

309ojyd.jpg

Sorry if this was a spoiler to you. :( I was debating whether I'd show it or not because I wasn't sure if it's a spoiler, but decided to show it anyway because I was too excited.

Also, wow, I've never been this close to another planet. :o

CpjLgN3XYAAOMYT.jpg

• the sexy sack man, b-coli and katanagirl1 like this

GbTMZg2.png

4rRvglp.png

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,974 posts

309ojyd.jpg

Sorry if this was a spoiler to you. :( I was debating whether I'd show it or not because I wasn't sure if it's a spoiler, but decided to show it anyway because I was too excited.

Also, wow, I've never been this close to another planet. :o

CpjLgN3XYAAOMYT.jpg

no spoiler, i am just annoyed i haven't found anyone to give me blueprints ;) my aliens look WAY different.

;)

that planet looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Ghostseeker and katanagirl1 like this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,983 posts
Yeah, if you upgrade the ship, you don't need hyperdrive blueprints, you already have that capability. I don't remember any tutorials either. I looked up naming stuff on the internet last night, since I haven't seen any opportunity to get credit for animals. I appreciate the need to discover how things work on your own, but missed that totally and didn't realize that sprinting was an option!

I did find one suit upgrade, yay!

I'll have to go back through all the areas visited previously to find discoveries now, since I have none after ten hours of play...
:(
  • b-coli likes this
Posted Image

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,375 posts
Here's how to get the hyperdrive blueprint if you have the upgraded ship:
Buy a new ship (you can do this at all he space station), fly out into space, and tap R3 to scan - you'll pick up a transmission.

With hyperdrive installed, fly around on a planet and tap R3 to find the antimatter recipe.

I wanted more inventory slots so I saved up and baught a ship with 25 :)

propost

propost

Pro-sack

• Sack Stars
  • 859 posts
  • LocationOn the stars
Omg..... Reading this topic only wants me getting this game even more..
But I still don't dare to get it...

Is there a way to pause the game?
2n3w2nfz.png
Twitter: @lbpropost

the sexy sack man

the sexy sack man

sexy ting yeah

• Moderators
  • 3,947 posts
I just broke into an abandoned manufacturing facility earlier... it was hard! Sentry bots and lion type creators started attacking ne! But I got sone helpful items!

Tj4aFhl.png

AwardBannercopy.png

Dr Kandatto said:

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,863 posts

Only just started playing and have been trying to avoid reading anything so it becomes more of a trial and error process of working out how to play the game. :puzzled:

I don't think I've ever read a game booklet ever in any game I've played :P

One of the most appealing aspects that made me buy the game is the fact that it allows you to do your own thing and play it your way. 

Enochrootsignature.png
3729682643_92edd74d92_o.png
Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,983 posts
I had hoped to get 100% completion of my planet before leaving, but getting the last two ????? is taking forever!

It is fitting that I got a desert planet. I have some snapshots and will post them when I can figure out how to do that. I may have to downsample in Photoshop to get them small enough.

The more I play, the more this reminds me of Mass Effect, the first one. There is a lot of reuse of facility components so each outpost is almost exactly the same. That is a little disappointing.

Also, those three-choice selection responses for alien interaction/artifact interaction - does anyone else feel like they are not adequately described so you make the choice you really want? I found myself in a very humorous situation, but won't go into details in case our experiences in our separate worlds are not entirely unique!

EDIT: I still don't understand, if you already have the hyperdrive, why do you need a blueprint for it?

Edited by katanagirl1, 12 August 2016 - 04:37 AM.

• BiggiSchnupsi likes this
Posted Image

BiggiSchnupsi

BiggiSchnupsi

Hot Shot Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustria

Is there a way to pause the game?

Yes, I just press the PS-Button and stay on the dashboard.

I had hoped to get 100% completion of my planet before leaving, but getting the last two ????? is taking forever!

It's my second and a half day on my first planet and I cant find the last two too .... it would be nice to know if it's possible. I only see some "birds" but they are to far away and to quick to scan, I hope they don't count for the 100%.

But I still love NMS, it's so crazy to have 18 Crazyllion planets to explore, every map as large as ONE map in Skyrim or Witcher ;)

Edit: IMPORTANT info about this Hyperdrive:

A souped-up starship offered to No Man's Sky customers who pre-ordered the PlayStation 4 and Windows PC game digitally is leaving many stuck out in the middle of the galaxy, unable to head to another star system. Players are calling out the ship’s pre-installed power-ups as the cause of a "game-breaking bug" that could severely limit where they can go and what they can do in the game.

The pre-order ship gives players early access to the hyperdrive, a technology that allows them to hop between star systems that are lightyears apart in no time at all. Typically, players must acquire a blueprint for the hyperdrive to build it themselves; they’ll also have to learn the formula for fueling it before they can truly take off across the universe. Since the special pre-order bonus negates the need to do that, many players are skipping past those traditional requirements — they already have hyperdrive, their games recognize, so they don’t have to go searching for it.

• propost and katanagirl1 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox