LBP3 edit mode create duplication glitch bug patch 1.19

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,375 posts

Hello everyone I am also suffering from this bug. I am on ps3 and I have to say this bug is ruining my entry. From what I gathered every time I save it duplicates something. Not really sure what causes it tho.

Read my entries here in this thread and watch the video in entry #16, you'll see that I found out why it did in my level.

Did you find a way around the problem? I watched the video and was going to ask if you tried using a Destroyer to get rid of the bugged objects.

• katanagirl1 likes this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA

Hello everyone I am also suffering from this bug. I am on ps3 and I have to say this bug is ruining my entry. From what I gathered every time I save it duplicates something. Not really sure what causes it tho.

Read my entries here in this thread and watch the video in entry #16, you'll see that I found out why it did in my level.
Did you find a way around the problem? I watched the video and was going to ask if you tried using a Destroyer to get rid of the bugged objects.

In the video, all I had to do was unglue the bouncepad instead (since the blue sticker panel would not delete) and then I could delete both.

I suggest minimal use of the advanced glue tool as a workaround to try to prevent this.
  • Pookachoo likes this
Posted Image

sackboy206

sackboy206

Hot Shot Sack

• MembersAwaitingApproval
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

New entry to bump this thread.
Here is a link to my video where I show the unglue not working and getting a linked piece that is not touching:
https://www.youtube....w6-yv2&index=14

I don't get the link toolbar on my iPad, so I hope that automatically shows up as a link, otherwise I will correct it later on computer.

This is a "before" video where all the others are the "after". If I had done a copy/paste of the blue sticker panel piece, I would have also gotten a bouncepad copy. Before, I had bouncepads everywhere, floating in space and embedded in the moon material.

Just watched it. Very interesting theory. I've had this happened to me before back last year when I was building my old level, but thought nothing of it because I just thought it was another bug caused by the overall Duplication Glitch. I do think that the glitch in this level ties in with the Duplication Glitch somehow, as it affected me. However, I am not sure if it has to do with any Glue Tools. My general theory was if you rewind or finish recording a Sackbots movement in a Dynamic Thermometer level, something would trigger so that the state of the level before and after the recording are intertwined, this duplicating everything inside of itself. The plot thickens.

sackboy206

• Pookachoo likes this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,983 posts

New entry to bump this thread.
Here is a link to my video where I show the unglue not working and getting a linked piece that is not touching:
https://www.youtube....w6-yv2&index=14

I don't get the link toolbar on my iPad, so I hope that automatically shows up as a link, otherwise I will correct it later on computer.

This is a "before" video where all the others are the "after". If I had done a copy/paste of the blue sticker panel piece, I would have also gotten a bouncepad copy. Before, I had bouncepads everywhere, floating in space and embedded in the moon material.

Just watched it. Very interesting theory. I've had this happened to me before back last year when I was building my old level, but thought nothing of it because I just thought it was another bug caused by the overall Duplication Glitch. I do think that the glitch in this level ties in with the Duplication Glitch somehow, as it affected me. However, I am not sure if it has to do with any Glue Tools. My general theory was if you rewind or finish recording a Sackbots movement in a Dynamic Thermometer level, something would trigger so that the state of the level before and after the recording are intertwined, this duplicating everything inside of itself. The plot thickens.

sackboy206

I quite agree, it could have a different trigger for DT levels.  I think the video proves that my theory was correct, at least in that case.  I've had that happen three times for that level now.

I thought the video would convince people, because you can see what is happening right before your eyes.  I wish I had actually done a copy/paste and demonstrated it more fully.  Maybe if it doesn't happen to you, you can't believe it?

Posted Image

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,983 posts
Pookachoo, the advanced glue tool has been giving me a headache again recently. Sometimes it will just not glue things together at all. I have two sticker panel pieces with decorations on them that I want to glue together, they are actually overlapping each other, and it makes that little "no" sound when I hit the second one with the glue cursor. It's doing it right now and driving me crazy. I have even had to add an additional piece of sticker panel before just to get two pieces to glue. I'll spend 30 minutes moving them around slightly and then sometimes it works.
Posted Image

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,375 posts

Pookachoo, the advanced glue tool has been giving me a headache again recently. Sometimes it will just not glue things together at all. I have two sticker panel pieces with decorations on them that I want to glue together, they are actually overlapping each other, and it makes that little "no" sound when I hit the second one with the glue cursor. It's doing it right now and driving me crazy. I have even had to add an additional piece of sticker panel before just to get two pieces to glue. I'll spend 30 minutes moving them around slightly and then sometimes it works.

Does it make any difference to exit the level and then go back into create mode?

I tried some gluing and ungluing with the tool and I did have an issue briefly, which was that two pieces of Sticker Panel that were aligned on the grid would not glue together with the Advanced tool. These pieces did glue properly when I did it by just holding X with the curser, and changing the Sticker Panel to Cardboard made the Advanced Glue Tool work. I exited the level to do some stuff, then tried it again and could not repeat the issue. That's why I wondered if exiting the level changes anything for you.

Do you have any trouble when gluing things just by holding the X button, or it it only the Advanced Tool?

• katanagirl1 likes this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,983 posts
I always use the advanced glue tool. I don't use a grid either, I don't like the way things move jerkily with it.

I'm not sure I want to exit the level, it takes ~30 seconds to save, and if you leave the level you cannot rewind if you find you forgot to earlier. That can cause many hours of rework if you are not careful.

I will keep it in mind if I get desperate.
It seems ridiculous to have to use so many things like material changer, exit the level, etc. The game still has so many intermittent problems left. That level I republished to get on the Newest Levels - I have had to make a copy once again to get it to republish. Each time it fails the first time to copy, then the second one will copy and republish. I made no changes in the copy, why should that one publish and the original one not? Doesn't make any sense.

EDIT: It also fails to load the first time on my moon every single time.

Edited by katanagirl1, 28 April 2016 - 05:42 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LBP3, edit mode, create, duplication, glitch, bug, patch 1.19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox