• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,006 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA
OK, new discussion topic. What do we know about this so far? How can we avoid it or figure out what causes it?

Duplication glitch occurs:
1) Both dynamic thermo and non-dynamic thermo levels
2) PS4 (anyone on PS3 had this yet?)

That's all I recall so far.

My level has extremely low thermo, less than 2 bars, and 7 materials, 1 sticker, 4 decorations, bounce pads, and some sound objects. This particular level requires me to leave materials dynamic and glue pieces together to keep objects in place. Could this be a common theme with the glitch?

Any other useful info? Has anyone seen this while working offline?

I brought in some objects created in LBP2 but removed all logic. Could that still be a problem?

Let's see if we can figure this out because I suspect that Sumo will claim they can't duplicate it there.
  • GObphiniRip, Michaelgek, DonaldNog and 2 others like this
Posted Image

gdn001

gdn001

Fallen Soldier

• MembersAwaitingApproval
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSC - Brazil

Are LBP2 objects always involved? Some people have commented already that it could be something related to some kind of conversion. Can anyone else with the glitch confirm/deny the presence of objects saved originally in LBP2?

• katanagirl1 likes this

egfi8Cx.gif

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,006 posts

Are LBP2 objects always involved? Some people have commented already that it could be something related to some kind of conversion. Can anyone else with the glitch confirm/deny the presence of objects saved originally in LBP2?

I don't know the answer to that, it would be most helpful to find out all we can. I just mentioned everything I knew about my level to be thorough.

So far, only #1 and #2 are certain.

If we can find anything else that consistent entry occurs in these glitch cases, I will add it to the first post above.
Posted Image

sackboy206

sackboy206

Hot Shot Sack

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

I can confirm that there is no relation between LBP2 objects specifically, and this glitch. I've had this glitch happen to me 3 times now, and whatever is in the level will be affected, no matter what game it's from.

I have made 2 lengthy posts about this glitch and how it affected me. I think I was the one who discovered it back in April of 2014, and so I made a post, which you can find here: http://www.littlebig...are-infectious/

Last month, the glitch happened to me again. I created a long discussion about it here: http://www.littlebig...ll-not-patched/

Someone on LittleBigForum also  suffered from this bug. You can find that post here: http://www.littlebig...ad.php?tid=4012

These are all of the sources for this bug, as far as I've seen. Thanks for making this topic. The more it's talked about the quicker we can fix it. We need to get to the bottom of this.

sackboy206

• katanagirl1 likes this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,006 posts

Sorry to "steal your thunder" so to speak - I remembered later that there was a thread about this topic but couldn't remember where it was.

OK, I'm watching your video, but it's unedited and 15 minutes long, with no text or audio to explain what is going on.  I'm willing to bet most people won't sit through there trying to figure out what is wrong.  In fact, I'm fast-forwarding right now to try to find something because all I see is you creating stuff.

So this is definitely a dynamic thermo level.  You zoom out at about 9 minutes in.  13 minutes in you go to pod.  Honestly, I don't see anything that looks wrong, but it's not my level.  When the stuff was duplicated in my level, it was all over the place at random orientations and in random layers.

I was hoping you might show popit contents at some point but didn't see them.  I think you'll need to find a way to more effectively demonstrate what went wrong in your level for it to be effective.

Your buddy on LittleBigForum is using the old glitch layer tool, I can see the bits in the air above the level.  That is something from LBP1/2 and might be a culprit if a link to the older games is suspected.  His is a DT level as well.  He is trying to delete objects and they are not deleting, I saw that as well.  Again, I am not familiar with his level either, so things look normal to me.  

I am removing objects from my level that were brought over from LBP2 in my vault level (I put them in prize bubbles and published the level in LBP2, then imported to moon in LBP3)  and replacing with objects created wholly in LBP3, and deleting the old stuff.  So far, I have not seen the duplications reappear.

Posted Image

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,404 posts

I could merge this topic with the Sackboy206 had already created, if that seems appropriate.

Since this is an old issue being rehashed I think it's fine to have multiple threads though :)

• katanagirl1 likes this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,006 posts

I could merge this topic with the Sackboy206 had already created, if that seems appropriate.

Since this is an old issue being rehashed I think it's fine to have multiple threads though :)

I looked through that thread and watched the videos, but didn't find any detailed information that I could add to what I have here.  I'd like to try to find out what could be triggering it, so much more information is needed.  If you find something I missed, please add to this post!

Based on what I've seen, I wonder if it could be tied to symmetry in the level as well.  Something like the sticker glitch, where stickers get replicated on other sticker panel, sort of like aliasing.  In this case, the repeated object causes the game to get confused on where the object is really located.  On some of the materials that I could not delete, it almost looked like the shadow (the lines from the object that appear on other materials when the object is selected with the cursor) was not in the same layer as the actual object, but were instead either several layers in front or several layers behind.

I regret that I did not get video of my level.  I am working on something I wanted to do in LBP2 but could not, and it's sort of revolutionary I think.  At least, I don't know of anyone who has actually done it.  I didn't want to show my work-in-progress just yet.

Posted Image

sackboy206

sackboy206

Hot Shot Sack

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

I looked through that thread and watched the videos, but didn't find any detailed information that I could add to what I have here.  I'd like to try to find out what could be triggering it, so much more information is needed.  If you find something I missed, please add to this post!

Based on what I've seen, I wonder if it could be tied to symmetry in the level as well.  Something like the sticker glitch, where stickers get replicated on other sticker panel, sort of like aliasing.  In this case, the repeated object causes the game to get confused on where the object is really located.  On some of the materials that I could not delete, it almost looked like the shadow (the lines from the object that appear on other materials when the object is selected with the cursor) was not in the same layer as the actual object, but were instead either several layers in front or several layers behind.

I regret that I did not get video of my level.  I am working on something I wanted to do in LBP2 but could not, and it's sort of revolutionary I think.  At least, I don't know of anyone who has actually done it.  I didn't want to show my work-in-progress just yet.

Sorry I didn't edit it or anything, I just really wanted to record it and upload it to show people a snippet of what happens during the glitch. You'll see in the video that I end up deleting stuff twice, showing that things have duplicated inside of themselves. That's all I really wanted to show.

sackboy206

• katanagirl1 likes this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,006 posts
For the viewer, it's hard to know what is not supposed to be there, only you really know for sure.

I know ShareFactory will let you add audio commentary after you have made the video, that is what I usually do. It would be nice if it would allow you to draw a box around things sort of Powerpoint style for presentations, but I doubt that capability is there.

Doesn't anyone else have any information they can give about what was in their level when the duplication glitch happened? Any materials, decorations, any weird things they noticed beforehand? I still get a white loading screen when I rewind my level, after replacing all the materials/decorations/stickers/logic from LBP2.

Despite the fact that several people have posted problems with this, there is still very little information. The LittleBigForum guy appeared to be working offline, so maybe that does not help at all. Any PS3 users seen this?

EDIT:
There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest here, or everyone has given up and stopped playing, so I'm going to put this info and anything new in a blog post.

Edited by katanagirl1, 12 April 2016 - 04:00 AM.

Posted Image

sackboy206

sackboy206

Hot Shot Sack

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Hey everyone. After realising I had a backup of a level I made last year that was affected by this glitch, I decided to make a more detailed video discussing how this glitch affected me. You can find this video here: https://www.youtube....h?v=g3nhyuC1syY

If you'd like to read more on this glitch, you can find a discussion about it here: http://www.littlebig...ll-not-patched/

Thanks,

sackboy206

• Pookachoo and katanagirl1 like this

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,404 posts

Hey everyone. After realising I had a backup of a level I made last year that was affected by this glitch, I decided to make a more detailed video discussing how this glitch affected me. You can find this video here: https://www.youtube....h?v=g3nhyuC1syY

If you'd like to read more on this glitch, you can find a discussion about it here: http://www.littlebig...ll-not-patched/

Thanks,

sackboy206

Thanks for providing more info!

I've merged this with the most recent "duplication glitch" topic in order to keep all the known information tidy and in one place :)

• sackboy206 and katanagirl1 like this

sackboy206

sackboy206

Hot Shot Sack

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Thanks,

sackboy206

Thanks for providing more info!

I've merged this with the most recent "duplication glitch" topic in order to keep all the known information tidy and in one place :)

Sounds good! :)

• katanagirl1 likes this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,006 posts
I've written some stuff in my blog about this, and believe that - at least in my case - it is caused by the advanced glue tool not ungluing things properly, and then copying and pasting more than what you unglued. I actually saw two pieces of material that were non-touching pieces off the same object get copied and pasted, and then you could not move one without moving the other.

I will try to duplicate this sometime soon and get it on video. It is not repeatable every time, but I am fairly confident I can get it to recur.

Might I also add that if you have a level with a great many things (somewhere in the hundreds) glued together, that your rewinding and loading times darn near approach infinity. I would not normally advise this practice, but it was necessary in my case.
Posted Image

IAB98Raptor

IAB98Raptor

New Sack

• Pip
  • 49 posts

That is a crazy glitch. As someone who rarely makes levels, I've actually never encountered it. Even then, this is a stupid glitch that shouldn't happen -_-. Getting real fed up with all the recent backwards progress LBP has been making. 

• katanagirl1 likes this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,006 posts

That is a crazy glitch. As someone who rarely makes levels, I've actually never encountered it. Even then, this is a stupid glitch that shouldn't happen -_-. Getting real fed up with all the recent backwards progress LBP has been making. 

This has been around for a while, if you look at sackboy206's other posts, but since I rarely glue things together in LBP3 I haven't seen it until now.

I don't think we have a prayer of Sumo duplicating this (ha ha, see what I did there?) and fixing it if they haven't figured out the save file corruption in 1.5 years.

Posted Image

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,006 posts
New entry to bump this thread.
Here is a link to my video where I show the unglue not working and getting a linked piece that is not touching:
https://www.youtube....w6-yv2&index=14

I don't get the link toolbar on my iPad, so I hope that automatically shows up as a link, otherwise I will correct it later on computer.

This is a "before" video where all the others are the "after". If I had done a copy/paste of the blue sticker panel piece, I would have also gotten a bouncepad copy. Before, I had bouncepads everywhere, floating in space and embedded in the moon material.
Posted Image

AL2009man

AL2009man

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo Este, DR

This has been around for a while, if you look at sackboy206's other posts, but since I rarely glue things together in LBP3 I haven't seen it until now.

I don't think we have a prayer of Sumo duplicating this (ha ha, see what I did there?) and fixing it if they haven't figured out the save file corruption in 1.5 years.

this might be the most difficult bug to fix if Sumo Digital is unable to duplicate this.
  • katanagirl1 likes this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,006 posts
The video I just posted above shows how it occurred at least one time. I have debugged it for them already.

I also recommend using the advanced glue tool as sparingly as possible, since the unglue part doesn't seem to work right all the time.
Posted Image

tophat

tophat

Hot Shot Sack

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationCraft world.
Hello everyone I am also suffering from this bug. I am on ps3 and I have to say this bug is ruining my entry. From what I gathered every time I save it duplicates something. Not really sure what causes it tho.
  • katanagirl1 likes this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,006 posts

Hello everyone I am also suffering from this bug. I am on ps3 and I have to say this bug is ruining my entry. From what I gathered every time I save it duplicates something. Not really sure what causes it tho.

Read my entries here in this thread and watch the video in entry #16, you'll see that I found out why it did in my level.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LBP3, edit mode, create, duplication, glitch, bug, patch 1.19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox