• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

King-Oddsock515

King-Oddsock515

Lexus RC

• Happy Sacks
  • 79 posts
  • LocationDa Vinci's Hideout

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll be able to fine another app. Are you into roller-coasters by the way?  

• b-coli and Jimmyempog like this

Elite Minecraft Sheep

Bluesheep_1523946.jpg

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,964 posts

Sorry to hear that, hopefully you'll be able to fine another app. Are you into roller-coasters by the way?  

yes, ever since i was a little kid and was too short to ride on The Beast at Kings Island in Ohio (i finally got to ride it in 2001) 

:p:

• King-Oddsock515 likes this

on twitter @b_coli_ LBP related, or @TheMindOfColi everything else!

King-Oddsock515

King-Oddsock515

Lexus RC

• Happy Sacks
  • 79 posts

yes, ever since i was a little kid and was too short to ride on The Beast at Kings Island in Ohio (i finally got to ride it in 2001) 

It must have been fun. I love rollercoasters and those amusement rides you see at fairs. These things are my passion. Apparently there going to be amusement park management game called Rollercoaster Dreams for PS4 and which it supports PSVR. Not sure if its going to be as good Planet Coaster on PC but its worth to try.

• b-coli likes this

Elite Minecraft Sheep

Bluesheep_1523946.jpg

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,964 posts

It must have been fun. I love rollercoasters and those amusement rides you see at fairs. These things are my passion. Apparently there going to be amusement park management game called Rollercoaster Dreams for PS4 and which it supports PSVR. Not sure if its going to be as good Planet Coaster on PC but its worth to try.

i would SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO buy a game that had a roller coaster simulator and was playable in VR! :p:

King-Oddsock515

King-Oddsock515

Lexus RC

• Happy Sacks
  • 79 posts

i would SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO buy a game that had a roller coaster simulator and was playable in VR! :p:

Here's the site if you are interested or want more info http://www.bimboosoft.com/RD/

• b-coli likes this

Elite Minecraft Sheep

Bluesheep_1523946.jpg

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,964 posts

Here's the site if you are interested or want more info http://www.bimboosoft.com/RD/

OMG i am soooooo getting that!

did i even see a zombie mode?!?!?!?!? 

i wonder if i can ride it and be thrown from the rollercoaster WHILE wearing the VR :p:

the trailer sold me on it right away!, and looks like it comes out next week on Dec 20th :p:

King-Oddsock515

King-Oddsock515

Lexus RC

• Happy Sacks
  • 79 posts

OMG i am soooooo getting that!

did i even see a zombie mode?!?!?!?!? 

i wonder if i can ride it and be thrown from the rollercoaster WHILE wearing the VR :p:

the trailer sold me on it right away!, and looks like it comes out next week on Dec 20th :p:

Yep, Although i'm going to try the demo first before I consider buying it...Just in case  ;) 

• b-coli likes this

Elite Minecraft Sheep

Bluesheep_1523946.jpg

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,361 posts
I started playing Robinson yesterday :)
Really enjoying the experience although it can becomeoverwhelming if I move and look around too quickly. Right from the start there's a wrecked spaceship and dinosaurs, so I was instantly hooked.
I'm not entirely happy with the camera control, the default setting to have it move incrementally really bothered me so I switched it to "smooth" which is better - but the R stick is way too sensitive and the game doesn't have an option to change that. While changing orientation with the R stick you can also look around by moving your head, and doing both of those while also moving your character directionally can be too much. I nearly made myself sick doing that. But since all that motion is entirely controlled by the player, it's easy enough to avoid overdoing it once you figure out what feels comfortable.
For this game and a lot of others, I'm finding that sitting in a swivel chair (I'm using an office chair) is the way to go. With Robinson I only use the R stick for really big rotations like turning around completely and the rest of the time I just rotate my chair to the direction I'm moving.
  • b-coli and King-Oddsock515 like this

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,964 posts

I started playing Robinson yesterday :)
Really enjoying the experience although it can becomeoverwhelming if I move and look around too quickly. Right from the start there's a wrecked spaceship and dinosaurs, so I was instantly hooked.
I'm not entirely happy with the camera control, the default setting to have it move incrementally really bothered me so I switched it to "smooth" which is better - but the R stick is way too sensitive and the game doesn't have an option to change that. While changing orientation with the R stick you can also look around by moving your head, and doing both of those while also moving your character directionally can be too much. I nearly made myself sick doing that. But since all that motion is entirely controlled by the player, it's easy enough to avoid overdoing it once you figure out what feels comfortable.
For this game and a lot of others, I'm finding that sitting in a swivel chair (I'm using an office chair) is the way to go. With Robinson I only use the R stick for really big rotations like turning around completely and the rest of the time I just rotate my chair to the direction I'm moving.

i have only played about 30 minutes of Robinson. the incremental turns drove me nuts and i didn't think to check the settings to see if it could be changed.

will have to give it another go. i only got as far as unlocking the first area to explore after getting to know my dino buddy :)

funny you should mention the chair, i bought a swivel medical stool and it works PERFECT for all VR games i have played. especially with my neck issues. i got it for Rez, and finally got Rez in the mail last week. but quickly found out it works great with all games! (CLICK LINK TO SEE THE ONE I GOT

the sexy sack man

the sexy sack man

sexy ting yeah

• Moderators
  • 3,947 posts
Finally got me a VR!
  • b-coli likes this

Tj4aFhl.png

AwardBannercopy.png

'Funniest member of the year' Pretty sure I am the chandler of the site right now! 
Dr Kandatto said:

"If I give it a twist" Dave Grahl is obviously talking about SSM's Nipples

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,964 posts

Finally got me a VR!

AND?!?!?!

what games did you get, i hear they are hard to find in store, the VR units... but i noticed most of the big named games dropped like $10-20 in price now too..

what games did you get?

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA

Despite the news of a shortage of Sony VR units at launch, I just read an article in the latest Game Informer where they claim that sales of all VR merchandise is not as high as expected.  It sounds like a definitive game for VR is still needed to really sell the system.  They said most games are more like demos, but let's face it - you are not going to put a headset on and play all day like you do on a regular gaming system.

• b-coli likes this

katanagirl1.png

the sexy sack man

the sexy sack man

sexy ting yeah

• Moderators
  • 3,947 posts

Finally got me a VR!

AND?!?!?!
what games did you get, i hear they are hard to find in store, the VR units... but i noticed most of the big named games dropped like $10-20 in price now too..
what games did you get?

I've got: Rigs, job simulator (amazing!), batman vr (AMAZING), That Eagle game as well, valkerye, Resident evil VII (can't wait!), until dawn, surgeon simulator :)

I like it so far! It's great!
  • b-coli likes this

Tj4aFhl.png

AwardBannercopy.png

'Funniest member of the year' Pretty sure I am the chandler of the site right now! 
Dr Kandatto said:

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,964 posts

Finally got me a VR!

AND?!?!?!
what games did you get?

I've got: Rigs, job simulator (amazing!), batman vr (AMAZING), That Eagle game as well, valkerye, Resident evil VII (can't wait!), until dawn, surgeon simulator :)

get Gungrave! it was only $7 when VR came out, so it is pretty cheap, but it is fun. my sister played it for 45 minutes straight... Bound is visually amazing in VR. try the free animated movies too ;) they are entertaining :)

EDIT: oh yeah and the games all dropped like $10-20 too. maybe we can play some co-op game together sometime or something :p:

the sexy sack man

the sexy sack man

sexy ting yeah

• Moderators
  • 3,947 posts

Finally got me a VR!

AND?!?!?!
what games did you get?

get Gungrave! it was only $7 when VR came out, so it is pretty cheap, but it is fun. my sister played it for 45 minutes straight... Bound is visually amazing in VR. try the free animated movies too ;) they are entertaining :)

EDIT: oh yeah and the games all dropped like $10-20 too. maybe we can play some co-op game together sometime or something :p:

I'm down for sone co-op games!
At the moment in doing resident evil; it's very creepy

Tj4aFhl.png

AwardBannercopy.png

Dr Kandatto said:

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,361 posts
"Tethered" is on sale this week (in US anyway). It's one of my favorites :)
  • b-coli likes this

tin-cup-70

tin-cup-70

Mr. TC

• Honoured Sacks
  • 576 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

I don't own a PSVR and honestly i didn't believe in VR at all, but damn that changed! Got myself a Oculus Rift a few weeks ago and i must say for sim racing it's a match made in heaven. If the big publischers jump aboard and we get PSVR versions of games like Battlefield, COD and Destiny i deffinitly would get myself a PSVR.

The Oculus will do for now becouse all my sim racing is on PC, really hoping we get some AAA titles for PSVR soon so i can use VR for all my gaming

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,361 posts
I'm not really into shooters myself, but I watched people play Farpoint at PSX and they were having a lot of fun :)

Has anyone tried Fantastic Contraption? It looks neat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox