* * * * * 2 votes

Crown Contest: Calling all Sack Heroes 2: RISE OF THE SACK VILLAINS!

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,863 posts

CALLING ALL SACK HEROES 2RISE OF THE SACK VILLAINS! 

Welcome to Two super new Crown contests...

Creators...Head to your super secret villainous lair and create a playable level based on the Villain of your choice!

- any genre survival, platformer, Race etc

- it must be playable / 1 create slot only

- publish it between the following deadline dates: 29th April - 3rd May

- Register your entry in the CASH2: Rise of the Villains participants create thread

http://www.littlebig...cipants-thread/

The winning level will receive a rare LBP Crown & exclusive LBN pin plus a game of their choice

Players...After the Deadline has passed then it will be the turn of the Sack heroes to play through a field of levels selected from the create contest!

- best combined Score/Placing over all levels will win the Playing Crown & LBN pin

- Any glitching/cheating scores will be disqualified

- Playing Contest will run from 4th May - 16th May

- Register your entry in the CASH2: Rise of the Villains play contest create thread (open from 4th May 2016)

http://www.littlebig...cipants-thread/

Judges decision is final in both contests!

Good Luck to all!...

May the most Villainous Creator & Heroic Player win

• EnochRoot, b-coli, arklon and 12 others like this

Enochrootsignature.png
3729682643_92edd74d92_o.png
Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,863 posts

CONTEST Q & A

Please feel free to discuss the contest and ask any questions you may have.  :puzzled:

The answers will be updated in this post

thank you  :)

Q. How will the levels be selected for the playing contest?

A. The levels will be selected from those entered in the create contest, they must meet the following criteria : must have good playability, lack any holes or exploitable scoring bugs, Sack pocket feature must be disabled if you wish to have your level considered for the playing event (to prevent any sack villains from stealing that playing crown with nefarious glitching/exploits).

Please note the playing field will be a varied selection of random levels from the contest and might not even contain the winning create level if the creator has opted to use the sack pocket function in their level.

Q. Can I make it part of a series /adventure/ have a separate movie intro/ending levels?

A. The judges will be just looking at the main playable level which must be directly accessible without having to use links. by all means feel free to have additional content but that will not be part of the judged material.

Q. Can I use an existing Villain?

A. Yes by all means but remember we are looking for originality and creativity. Creating your own original Villain may sway the judges in their deliberations. If you use an existing Villain then your use of that has to be pretty unique to make it stand out among the many other levels that may have previously used said character.

Q. Are you obligated to using only one villain or can you use several? Like a team up between Collector, and The Hoard? Is that okay?

A. Yes that would be permitted as would the presence of evil minnions, goons, Henchmen, additional support cast, storyline  cut scenes, doomsday weapons,

Donald Trump, diabolical plots...any evil you villainous genius' can imagine. :Evillaugh: 

Q. Can I co-create a level with a friend?

A. Yes by all means..but remember only the psn account on which the level is published wins the Crown prize.

Q. Hmmm...villains...does that mean it has to be a sackbot-type villain or can it be something else? Can something disembodied be considered a villain here? 

A.  A villain can be anything you can imagine, the more original the better!

Q. Can we do create contest and play contest both? 

A.  Creators are allowed to enter the play contest if they wish. If a creators level is selected to be part of the playing field of levels then they will automatically be given the same score as the 2nd place player on their own level.

Q. Does the hero have to be sackboy or can it be any playable character?

A. The Villain doesn't have to be a sackboy or even a playable character. The Villain may have just created a doomsday machine for you to battle or Villainous Lair you have to explore.

• ClockworkDemon, Pookachoo, oxford1791 and 2 others like this

Enochrootsignature.png

one-mad-bunny

one-mad-bunny

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 598 posts
  • LocationMy Moon
AWESOME!!!!!!

Q: How could this be more awesome?

A: It can't.
  • EnochRoot and propost like this

Ghostseeker

Ghostseeker

Ghosts everywhere!

• Moderators
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationGhostland

Nice! I will definitely participate in the playing contest. :)

Good luck to all who wish to enter. ;)

• EnochRoot likes this

GbTMZg2.png

Click here to check out my profile

4rRvglp.png

"Friendliest member of the year" Thanks LBN!

Kato

Kato

Hot Shot Sack

• Site Supporter
  • 212 posts
  • LocationRichardson, Texas

Are you obligated to using only one villain or can you use several? Like a team up between Collector, and The Hoard? Is that okay?

• EnochRoot likes this

Try out my most recent levels! Bad House (Survival), Don't Let Them In, or Hyakki Yagyo

BadHouse.pngDLTI.pnghyakkiyagyologo.png

LBP.ME KatoRegama

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,863 posts

Are you obligated to using only one villain or can you use several? Like a team up between Collector, and The Hoard? Is that okay?

sounds like fun....anyone using me as a Villain will be hearing from my solicitors!

Enochrootsignature.png

ramkibainu

ramkibainu

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 965 posts
  • Locationmexico

mmm... interesting
i was working on another level, but maybe i can do something for this contest ;)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,863 posts

This contest is actually a sequel to arguably one of our best ever contests held back on LBP1 in 2009...it had some terrific prizes direct from Mm as shown in the announcement post:

http://www.littlebig...all-sackheroes/

reading through the thread the eventual winner was an unknown creator by the name of kaiju_Kid

Enochrootsignature.png

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,375 posts

This contest is actually a sequel to arguably one of our best ever contests held back on LBP1 in 2009...it had some terrific prizes direct from Mm as shown in the announcement post:

http://www.littlebig...all-sackheroes/

reading through the thread the eventual winner was an unknown creator by the name of kaiju_Kid

2009?! That's so long ago!
I was still on PS2, beating my head against "RPG Maker 3" :P
  • EnochRoot and b-coli like this

arklon

arklon

Ultra-Sack to the rescue!

• Moderators
  • 2,249 posts

It was indeed a great competition, it was the competition in which I did my very first Ultra-Sack level for which became my first favorite level series, I ended up doing three or 4 more Ultra Sack levels.

• EnochRoot likes this
Posted Image

Making movies that no one wants to see!

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,984 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA
Hmmm...villains...does that mean it has to be a sackbot-type villain or can it be something else? Can something disembodied be considered a villain here?
Posted Image

m89091520-LBP

m89091520-LBP

Awesome Sack

• MembersAwaitingApproval
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Can we do create contest and play contest both?

Driscoll02

Driscoll02

New Sack

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUK

sounds fun

question... are we aloud to use DLC???

Derp:P :Pbacon-pizza-slices.jpg

DD_

DD_

LBP Creator

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAmerica
So basically a level based off a villan? Okay seems simple.
DD
PSN:Dank_Delight
Other Stuff.

Aceman135

Aceman135

New Sack

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationEarth
Oohhhh this looks super fun! Plus we have plenty of time to make a level! This is going to be AWESOME. But 1 question though... Can a person who participates in the create portion of the contest compete in the Play contest too?

m89091520-LBP

m89091520-LBP

Awesome Sack

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
I have the same question

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,863 posts

Hmmm...villains...does that mean it has to be a sackbot-type villain or can it be something else? Can something disembodied be considered a villain here?

The villain can be anything your imagination can come up with...it could be a comic standard or existing villain, or  it could be a malicious computer programme..the disembodied spectral voice of your old aunt Petunia...an insidious  disaster causing planetary body...a fluffy bunny...

Oohhhh this looks super fun! Plus we have plenty of time to make a level! This is going to be AWESOME. But 1 question though... Can a person who participates in the create portion of the contest compete in the Play contest too?

Creators are allowed to enter the play contest if they wish. If a creators level is selected to be part of the playing field of levels then they will automatically be given the same score as the 2nd place player on their own level.

• katanagirl1 likes this

Enochrootsignature.png

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,863 posts

It was indeed a great competition, it was the competition in which I did my very first Ultra-Sack level for which became my first favorite level series, I ended up doing three or 4 more Ultra Sack levels.

As I remember we held a create your own original super sack hero pod & costume contest while waiting  for the judging....can't recall who won?  ;)

sounds fun

question... are we aloud to use DLC???

Of course you can...unless some villainous sumo update steals all your dlc  :Evillaugh:

• propost and Driscoll02 like this

Enochrootsignature.png

doomymood

doomymood

Heavenly Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Does the hero have to be sackboy or can it be any playable character?

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,863 posts

Does the hero have to be sackboy or can it be any playable character?

check the 2nd post in this thread for an updated list of contest Q&A s....

The Villain doesn't have to be a sackboy or even a playable character. The Villain may have just created a doomsday machine for you to battle or Villainous Lair you have to explore.

Enochrootsignature.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox