• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,027 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA

Wow...just...wow.   How does that happen???

:OMGZ!:

Posted Image

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts

Lol wow, but isn't that considered cheating? I think this takes away the fun from the contest.

Even if there was a bug which teleported you to the end of the level it wouldn't be cheating in an any% speedrun, which this contest is.

you would think..... How hard would it be to just fill that hole? i mean its gigantic!

It saves thermo! ;)

spiderdian-home

spiderdian-home

Air Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 887 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Saving thermo isnt the appropriate excuse when you know a player can easily get there

I remember fiding prize bubbles hidden in one of the popit academy levels that weren't even shown in the tab in the level info, by simply using the popit powerup to make and platform out of plate for me and "surfing" through the absurdly big holes in the map."I can show you the world"

Anyways, fatty published another video going even faster(48 secs), which means there is still ways of doing better than him

"Don't let your Dreams be dreams"

spiderdian-home.png

Sonicdude0107

Sonicdude0107

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 268 posts
  • LocationEarth, Solar System, Universe

Even if there was a bug which teleported you to the end of the level it wouldn't be cheating in an any% speedrun, which this contest is.

I'm pretty sure the guy who's hosting this contest made a post saying that exploit, and any other exploit for that matter, is not allowed. Apparently he didn't include it in the rules the first time around...

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts

I'm pretty sure the guy who's hosting this contest made a post saying that exploit, and any other exploit for that matter, is not allowed. Apparently he didn't include it in the rules the first time around...

Skipping jumps you're meant to do with the boost boots is an exploit, so where is the line drawn? Would surfing through the level on a piece of debris count? Is boosting along a wall underwater allowed? Can we use custom controllers with quickfire or does it have to be a Standard Sony® Playstation© Dualshock™ Controller®™?

Basically, the rules are "whatever doesn't surprise the moderator or makes them feel like a noob". Welp.

You can also go out of bounds at the second group of wheeled robots. I fell behind the floor there last night.

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 3,966 posts
  • LocationTX

I think it's all hilarious myself. No matter the contest, no matter the rules, no matter the particulars, people will complain. They will find some little thing to bitch about. I'm just sitting back and laughing at it all. I tell you this though, it sure has bolstered the activity of the community so the contest has THAT going for it. 

cN8xRl2.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

Follow me on the Twitter @bioswoop

At the end of the day it's just a game, so chill the ____ out.

Glitchfish

Glitchfish

New Sack

• MembersAwaitingApproval
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMy house

I believe for the next speedrun contest a lower ranking prize should be given out. The crown should ideally be used for those who have worked hard for it, Whilst this was a nice idea on paper, it is clear why many people have been a bit.... mean about their responses and constantly moaning about "it's not fair" "They didn't work for it" "This isn't a true contest". Well remember the LBP Ethos Is to Play Create and Share and the person behind this contest just wanted to share the Joy of the crown with those that can't or don't have the skills to create an amazing level!

In future there could possibly be two contests! One being a speed run level creation contest where you have to make a fun level with the element of speedrunning :)! and a lower ranking contest where you have to speedrun a certain level from the community or story and in return you win a pin and a giftcard :) It only seems fair and I feel as if that would be a pretty cool advancement on this series

Now for future contests I hope moderators do not mock but in turn support it no matter what, I was quite shocked to see how they responded to this contest and it is definitely not the LittleBigPlanet mindset that should be had! Especially from those that are looked up to from many members of this community.  

• katanagirl1 likes this

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,877 posts

Lol wow, but isn't that considered cheating? I think this takes away the fun from the contest.

Even though it wasn't mentioned in the rules, using exploits like this are suddenly not allowed.

I admire speedruns like this though; they prove how utter broken the games can be. > :)

Changing rules during any event sounds a little hmmmmm...

Way back on LBP1 we ran the 1st LBP Crown Gameplay contest...to start with we held a create crown contest and then used a selection of the best, most playable levels from that to make up a field of varied levels to be played, platformers, races, hi-score challenge and survivals. Not one of of these levels had issues or bugs or gaps unlike the 'professionals' in game level. A much better and more challenging way to determine a true Crown worthy gameplay champion.

With a little more thought and planning then something like this could have been done again ....but I guess not now due to the  dumbed down LittlebigTwittersphere version of the community operation which sadly reflects the half assed broken nature of the game itself...at all levels from design to communication..they haven't got a f#@*ing clue.

• slufoot48 likes this

Enochrootsignature.png
3729682643_92edd74d92_o.png
Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

Glitchfish

Glitchfish

New Sack

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMy house

Even though it wasn't mentioned in the rules, using exploits like this are suddenly not allowed.

I admire speedruns like this though; they prove how utter broken the games can be. > :)

Way back on LBP1 we ran the 1st LBP Crown Gameplay contest...to start with we held a create crown contest and then used a selection of the best, most playable levels from that to make up a field of varied levels to be played, platformers, races, hi-score challenge and survivals. Not one of of these levels had issues or bugs or gaps unlike the 'professionals' in game level. A much better and more challenging way to determine a true Crown worthy gameplay champion.

With a little more thought and planning then something like this could have been done again ....but I guess not now due to the  dumbed down LittlebigTwittersphere version of the community operation which sadly reflects the half assed broken nature of the game itself...at all levels from design to communication..they haven't got a f#@*ing clue.

I agree this has been a little all over the place, needed more planning, thankgod I managed to talk to the contest creator and get things sorted out (Just posted an update) Hopefully thing will run a tad smoother here on out! 

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,445 posts

I've moved this topic to Community Contests, where I should have put it in the first place  :rolleyes:

• Ghostseeker likes this
<p class="bbc_center"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://lbp.me/u/Poo...p=1&l=12"><spanstyle="font-family:'comic sans ms';"><span style="color:#800080;"><span style="font-size:18px;">Pooka who?</span></span></span></a></p>

Sonicdude0107

Sonicdude0107

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 268 posts
  • LocationEarth, Solar System, Universe

Not to be condescending, but the story levels in LBP1 were also had ways to skip segments of them, although they're often much trickier to perform than in LBP3. I understand what you mean otherwise, though.

Perhaps these sort of contests should be based on high-scores instead of speedruns; I get the impression something like that would be much easier to manage. :)

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,027 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA

Ok I have been talking to the people that conducted this competition and it has been decided that people that glitch the level will not be entered into the competition.  Only those who fully play the level and complete it in the quickest time will be counted, Everyone can moan at me all they like but this was the final decision i felt seemed to be fair!

Onto further notes I believe for the next speedrun contest a lower ranking prize should be given out. The crown should ideally be used for those who have worked hard for it, Whilst this was a nice idea on paper, it is clear why many people have been a bit.... mean about their responses and constantly moaning about "it's not fair" "They didn't work for it" "This isn't a true contest". Well remember the LBP Ethos Is to Play Create and Share and the person behind this contest just wanted to share the Joy of the crown with those that can't or don't have the skills to create an amazing level!

In future there could possibly be two contests! One being a speed run level creation contest where you have to make a fun level with the element of speedrunning :)! and a lower ranking contest where you have to speedrun a certain level from the community or story and in return you win a pin and a giftcard :) It only seems fair and I feel as if that would be a pretty cool advancement on this series

Now for future contests I hope moderators do not mock but in turn support it no matter what, I was quite shocked to see how they responded to this contest and it is definitely not the LittleBigPlanet mindset that should be had! Especially from those that are looked up to from many members of this community.  

Anyways I hope this has shed some light on this issue any questions please message me on here, or twitter via my twitter handle @Glitchfish or my PSN which is also Glitchfish :)

Well, I didn't take any of the comments here to be mean - I don't know if you were referring to them or to ones elsewhere.  I think, like most people here, I was just saying I didn't agree with the contest because of the prize associated with it, but I certainly wasn't bent out of shape about it.  I just chose not to participate but didn't disparage anyone who did.

I viewed this thread as a discussion, not an argument.  We can do that, can't we?  It's hard to accurately convey your feelings and emotion in a post and oftentimes it gets interpreted incorrectly.  I often just state facts but people think I'm just trying to start trouble.  I assure you that I am not.

It has seemed to me that, since the launch of the game, any comments that weren't in glowing admiration of everything LBP3 have been almost censored.  I would hate for that to be the truth.  I also hate sugar-coating things to make them look better than they really are.  People are smarter than that.

I look forward to the next contest, please keep them coming!  The forums are getting very quiet as of late.

:p:

• EnochRoot, slufoot48 and Glitchfish like this
Posted Image

Glitchfish

Glitchfish

New Sack

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMy house

Ok It has come to my attention that the contest will actually be awarding a crown for the person that runs through the entire level and a crown for the fastest glitch time! :D Alright good luck everyone! May the best runner win! 

m89091520-LBP

m89091520-LBP

Awesome Sack

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Pin?

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,445 posts

Pin?

No - pins are given when a contest is hosted by a fansite, that contest was posted at LBPC, but not hosted by LBPC.

Personally I think two crowns is already overkill ;)

<p class="bbc_center"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://lbp.me/u/Poo...p=1&l=12"><spanstyle="font-family:'comic sans ms';"><span style="color:#800080;"><span style="font-size:18px;">Pooka who?</span></span></span></a></p>

m89091520-LBP

m89091520-LBP

Awesome Sack

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Eghhh then i dont need to enter i only enter competitions for the pins :)

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,877 posts

saving20face_zpsecotgjfu.jpg

• Merlin and katanagirl1 like this

Enochrootsignature.png
3729682643_92edd74d92_o.png
Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crown, LBPCentral

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox