Crown LBPCentral

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,445 posts

This is a very rare opportunity to try for a crown without creating anything ;)

Hosted at LBPCentral.com:

http://www.lbpcentra...249#post1219249

• b-coli and propost like this
<p class="bbc_center"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://lbp.me/u/Poo...p=1&l=12"><spanstyle="font-family:'comic sans ms';"><span style="color:#800080;"><span style="font-size:18px;">Pooka who?</span></span></span></a></p>

pj-15

pj-15

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNJ

sorry to ask this, but is this legit? 

Why this level? 

This person has a promising crown? I never seen this before. Id probably give this a try if it was serious

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,445 posts
I know it's odd and out of nowhere, but this contest is legitimate :)
It's just not being run by the LBPC contest crew.
Guy who posted the contest is a moderator on the PS4 LBP community, I'm sure he got approval for a crown before posting.
  • pj-15 likes this
<p class="bbc_center"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://lbp.me/u/Poo...p=1&l=12"><spanstyle="font-family:'comic sans ms';"><span style="color:#800080;"><span style="font-size:18px;">Pooka who?</span></span></span></a></p>

pj-15

pj-15

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNJ

Oooooookay if you say so ;)

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 3,966 posts
  • LocationTX

Can't say I agree with this. I wish a level had been made that has a race gate and it timed you through the level and showed your time at the end. Then people could snap a pic and post on LBP.me. This video thing kinda excludes those of us who can't upload videos due to our connection speeds. 

• EnochRoot, b-coli, pj-15 and 2 others like this

cN8xRl2.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

Follow me on the Twitter @bioswoop

At the end of the day it's just a game, so chill the ____ out.

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,877 posts

Can't say I agree with this. I wish a level had been made that has a race gate and it timed you through the level and showed your time at the end. Then people could snap a pic and post on LBP.me. This video thing kinda excludes those of us who can't upload videos due to our connection speeds. 

Would've been a much better way to go

• Pookachoo likes this

Enochrootsignature.png
3729682643_92edd74d92_o.png
Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,445 posts

I don't like this as a contest at all - seems very random for a crown.

But I don't want my LBN peeps to miss out so I posted it here ;)

• b-coli, xerorogue, pj-15 and 1 other like this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,027 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA

Yeah, I don't think this is a really fair criterion for giving away a crown.  Any 10 year old could get one then.  A few days honing some reflexes, and boom!  Got it!

It just doesn't seem fair to those who worked long and hard to get their crowns.

Just my two cents, though it's probably worth less than that.

:Worrieder:

• Pookachoo and xxinvadergirxx like this
Posted Image

pj-15

pj-15

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNJ

Yeah, I don't think this is a really fair criterion for giving away a crown.  Any 10 year old could get one then.  A few days honing some reflexes, and boom!  Got it!

It just doesn't seem fair to those who worked long and hard to get their crowns.

I tried this challenge just last night, and trust me no ten year can do this.

Its a pain in the butt in several ways. The game play is not so hard, but making sure you can get to the end with no mistakes is a royal pain..... and since this game takes forever to reload the level, i gave up after 5 tries. And then the reason you guys are saying about uploading the video is unfair and annoyance. I would have to keep recording myself until get a flawless run??? How would one do this?

(someone posted a run of themselves doing it on central, they did a good job in setting the bar high, but why post your video so soon into the contest?)  Something smells fishy to me about the whole thing from the start.   

But i guess its legit,   Good luck to those who enter :) i give up already 

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,995 posts

you have a good point, but i do have to let you know, they gave crowns away for far less in the past... ;) my second crown was awarded to me because i won a survival challenge on LBP while playing at PAX Prime. funny thing is, i died first in the challenge but collected sooooo many bubbles before i died, no one else ever caught up :p: 

best of luck to anyone who enters this contest :)

• pj-15 likes this

on twitter @b_coli_ LBP related, or @TheMindOfColi everything else!

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,027 posts

pj-15: it would be easy to record on PS4 because the 30 minute video recording buffer is always on.  All you would do is just hit the Share button when you had a good run.

I wasn't implying that it would be easy, especially for us older players.  Just that the kids are much quicker than we are and would stand a better chance of winning.  It would be all about reflexes and memory (especially muscle memory) for the course.  Repetitive play and familiarity with the level build that up.

b-coli:  two crowns???  I don't understand why a person would get more than one.  There aren't a lot to go around, I would imagine.

Hey, no hard feelings guys!  I sense that I stirred up a hornet's nest - didn't mean to get tempers flaring!  Just a friendly discussion.

:P

• b-coli and pj-15 like this
Posted Image

pj-15

pj-15

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNJ

Hey, no hard feelings guys!  I sense that I stirred up a hornet's nest - didn't mean to get tempers flaring!  Just a friendly discussion.

:P

:P  you didn't stir anything up! No hard feelings here at all! i agree its not the greatest contest, but I don't think age has anything to do with it is all i was saying ( There is no kid with faster reflexes than me!  :P). 

Anybody young or old should have a chance at winning the shiny crown :)  And for this particular contest they are looking for mad reflexes with your sackboy, which i have seen done before.

It is a different contest, just think judging it based on presented video on youtube was not the way to go. 

create,play,share. ;)

• b-coli and katanagirl1 like this

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts
I guess you could use a camera if you don't have a PS4 or TV tuner card. Too bad my ancient camera can't record longer than 1:30.

I'd say Belly of the Beast is the funnest level to speedrun in the game, you can do all kinds of cool shortcuts with the boost boots.

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 3,966 posts
  • LocationTX

LOL trust me, you ain't stirred nothing up. I'm steadily stirring my shitstick b/c some stuff is about to hit the fan. 

• EnochRoot and Pookachoo like this

cN8xRl2.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

Follow me on the Twitter @bioswoop

At the end of the day it's just a game, so chill the ____ out.

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,027 posts

LOL trust me, you ain't stirred nothing up. I'm steadily stirring my shitstick b/c some stuff is about to hit the fan.

I'm intrigued! I guess I'll have to stay tuned for further info...
Posted Image

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts

The contest is over everyone can go home now.

Ghostseeker

Ghostseeker

Ghosts everywhere!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationGhostland
Lol wow, but isn't that considered cheating? I think this takes away the fun from the contest.

iZPrUKm.png

Click here to check out my profile

4rRvglp.png

"Friendliest member of the year" Thanks LBN!

Yonderland

Yonderland

hi

• Sack Stars
  • 1,266 posts

The contest is over everyone can go home now.

Of course it's fatty mcintosh. He's an evil genius.

44112.png

Sonicdude0107

Sonicdude0107

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 268 posts
  • LocationEarth, Solar System, Universe

Lol wow, but isn't that considered cheating? I think this takes away the fun from the contest.

Even though it wasn't mentioned in the rules, using exploits like this are suddenly not allowed.

I admire speedruns like this though; they prove how utter broken the games can be. >:)

pj-15

pj-15

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNJ

What an interesting turn of events. Now i feel bad for the guy who replayed this level 100+ times.  

you would think..... How hard would it be to just fill that hole? i mean its gigantic!

• EnochRoot likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Crown, LBPCentral

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox