• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Shaggy Vinci

Shaggy Vinci

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 164 posts

Hello LBN people,

I have just released my third Castle Defenders level - set in ancient era europe this time.

Romans are approaching to a barbarian Fortress in the middle of some forest in Germania.

The player has to defend 10 waves of soldiers, cavalry and siege weapons with different strengths and weak points.

As waves are getting harder, you have got to make use of three special abilities:

Catapult Volley, that throws rocks onto enemies

Fire Pot, that sets ground on fire

Fire Arrows, that inflame siege weapons.

While the gameplay should still be fun, my focus was clearly on visuals. I put some serious amount of lifetime into making this level look and feel realistic and gritty.

CT8uef3WIAASNpu.jpg

click the image below to play:

ab316ad4fa751bb7e6dcd41661074bce99c0c905

For fans of moving pictures, LittleBigPlaye has already played and captured the level in 720p:

https://www.youtube....h?v=f3rf--0vg1g

-> the interface has got a rework since when the gameplay was recorded, but the changes on the rest of the level are minor.

QPQ

Starfighter 319 by one-mad-bunny -> great visuals, awesome atmo

Dragons Ridge - Platformer by Littlebiglazer28 -> beautiful, slow-paced platformer

• propost likes this
Posted Image

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,014 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA

Wow, this looks awesome!  I'll queue it up but might not get to it until after Jan. 3.

• Shaggy Vinci likes this
Posted Image

propost

propost

Pro-sack

• Sack Stars
  • 859 posts
  • LocationOn the stars
Damn! It's been ages since I saw you (start to) work(ing) on this!
Looking mighty fine!
The retro lighting makes it look really cool and fitting!
Still going to give some feedback on this! ;)
2n3w2nfz.png
Twitter: @lbpropost

Shaggy Vinci

Shaggy Vinci

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 164 posts

Damn! It's been ages since I saw you (start to) work(ing) on this!

It's been more than four months in total :P so glad to finally release it. I'm looking forward to your feedback, i hope you like the changes for the final version.

• propost likes this
Posted Image

one-mad-bunny

one-mad-bunny

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 598 posts
  • LocationMy Moon

I played this a few days ago and now there is a thread for it!  All your castle defenders are good, but this is my favorite!  I have to play again to give more feedback, because as soon as the siege engines appeared I was doomed.  If there are 10 waves then I only made it half way. 

I think the game mechanics are spot on and the challenge is fun. The shields gave me lots of trouble trying to get the arrows past them I crushed them with the rocks.  I liked how the arrows flew, but I felt the pivot of my archer's aim was rather slow.  Probably to make precise aiming easier?  What about holding in a button to move faster?

Anyway, this is your coolest looking castle defender yet.  Awesome level!

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,014 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA
Yeah, this level looks so good, I don't know how you did it in LBP3! The animation for the defenders and attackers was very realistic, and the timed display for the cooldowns was easy to see and use. I was doing fairly well until wave 6 or so, when the numbers of guys onscreen was more than I could handle. It was really hard to hit those guys with shields over their heads!

I was just wondering about the flame arrows. It seemed like they lasted a long time on one button push, like maybe 3-4 waves. Not that I'm complaining, I just don't remember them lasting that long in one of your other levels. Then I think pushed whatever button was on the right for what I thought you said was the firepots, and got regular arrows again but didn't see anything else happen. I could be mistaken, that was the point where I started flailing about because my castle was going down in flames! No complaints though, very well done!
Posted Image

Shaggy Vinci

Shaggy Vinci

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 164 posts

Thank you a lot for the kind words. I'm glad you like the look of the level and feel good about the difficulty level - i was afraid it could be too easy.

[...] What about holding in a button to move faster?

Not a bad idea. I will think about a good button layout and test it.

Yeah, this level looks so good, I don't know how you did it in LBP3! The animation for the defenders and attackers was very realistic

Great to hear you put attention on these little details! Haven't been sure if people would even notice.

I was just wondering about the flame arrows. It seemed like they lasted a long time on one button push, like maybe 3-4 waves.

I changed the fire arrow special for this level. It's not a timed special anymore, but toggles fire and standard arrows.

• katanagirl1 likes this
Posted Image

LittleBlackadder

LittleBlackadder

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,933 posts
  • LocationAustralia

This is a very impressive game that makes people wonder how on earth could you make this in LBP? :P

I really enjoyed playing your latest level though I wasn't that great at defending my castle  :) 

I have played your "Rise of Rome" many times, perhaps because I am able to get through all the levels ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox