- - - - -

Google Accounts and YouTube (is this considered a gadget?)

google YouTube reviews photos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,027 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA

Okay, I wasn't quite sure where to place this thread, but this category seemed more appropriate than the General Chat.  Feel free to move it to somewhere more appropriate if needed.

The PS4 opened up new possibilities for LBP creators like me because it has its own video capture and editing capabilities build right in!  So, I thought it would be great if I could make videos of my own levels and post them on YouTube for others to see.  I can do this for free which is great, because I am constantly being reminded that I am not bringing any income into the household anymore!

:P

But I digress...I find I have to take a break from LBP3 every now and then or I start getting cranky and mean due to dealing with the lag, freezing, and things that still aren't fixed yet.  I've been playing the PS+ free games and having a good time with that.  I wanted to add some written reviews of these games to my YouTube channel where all my videos are uploaded.  That way I can keep the LBP videos separate from the other game reviews.  Of course, YouTube assumes that your review is going to be in video form, which is not possible in my case.  This is where this post comes in:  I am confused by how Google accounts work now that the Google+ requirement has been lifted.  There is a Google app called Blogger that sounds like it would work - but you have to create a Google+ account or a limited Blogger account to use it, it seems.  I don't really want two accounts to do all this, and the Google+ account will not let you use a pseudonym (like katanagirl1) and insists on your real name, which I don't like for security purposes.  I seem to have a Google+ page for katanagirl1 though.  It looks like I could add photos there, which might help here on the website - I could be my own image hosting site!  It doesn't look like it has the capability for documents such as reviews, though.

Anyway, I put all this information down not to quiz you all on it afterward, but in the hopes that someone else has been down this road and might understand this better than I do and have some helpful suggestions.  I have the reviews typed up and ready, I just need somewhere to put them so I can post a link to them and connect that to my YouTube channel through the Discussion tab.  I don't think I want to use Google documents either since I already have them on my computer.

Yeah, I know I could just do it the easy way with the Google+ account, but I prefer to do it the safer way.  The bottom line is, why can't I use the Google account for Blogger?  Am I missing something?

P.S. - okay, now that I typed all that up I wonder if I should just delete it.  It's getting so complicated, trying to do it without signing up for a website or blog and doing it for free.  Also, most of my Internet searches assume you want to imbed a YouTube link into a blog, and I want to do the opposite.  Oh well, It's worth a shot anyway!

:Worried:

• leloDeextuppy, spusiob and Randynug like this
Posted Image

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts
I don't know about the Google+ stuff but if you just want a place to upload text anonymously without accounts or anything:Pastebin just allows plaintext while txti let's you add some HTML formatting using markdown. Pastebin gets used a lot for info dumps/sharing code and I found out about txti via http://motherfuckingwebsite.com/

Sonicdude0107

Sonicdude0107

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 268 posts
  • LocationEarth, Solar System, Universe

I found out about txti via http://motherfuckingwebsite.com/

That's literally the best URL I've ever seen.  :P 

Edit: and judging by the content in the website, that's the best webpage I've ever seen as well!

• katanagirl1 likes this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,027 posts

I found out about txti via http://motherfuckingwebsite.com/

That's literally the best URL I've ever seen.  :P 
Edit: and judging by the content in the website, that's the best webpage I've ever seen as well!

Ha ha, didn't notice the URL because it wasn't quite what I was looking for! Thanks for the laugh, though!

Warning: NSFW!!!!
  • Sonicdude0107 likes this
Posted Image

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts

That's literally the best URL I've ever seen.  stickytongue%20out.png 

There's a sequel: http://bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/

After flat design gets old I feel people might go with something like this. Serif fonts and heraldic logos, like in old books, would work well on high pixel density displays.

I think katanagirl1 has me blocked or something, so they won't see the links anyway. I'll make a mental note not to reply to them again since it's pointless.

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,027 posts

That's literally the best URL I've ever seen. stickytongue%20out.pngEdit: and judging by the content in the website, that's the best webpage I've ever seen as well!

There's a sequel: http://bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/After flat design gets old I feel people might go with something like this. Serif fonts and heraldic logos, like in old books, would work well on high pixel density displays.I think katanagirl1 has me blocked or something, so they won't see the links anyway. I'll make a mental note not to reply to them again since it's pointless.
What do you mean blocked? I saw your post but I just didn't read the whole URL. I have all the pieces I need but I'm trying to figure out what is the easiest way for me to proceed without having to set up more accounts with more usernames and passwords. I am uneasy about uploading anything to sites in general and I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible. I appreciate your suggestion but I do have something very specific that I am looking for. You're mad because I asked for help with Google accounts and you offered something completely different and I didn't use it? No hard feelings, I hope.
Posted Image

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts
I reckon you're only replying now to prolong whatever game it is you've been playing, so no, it's better to have a clean cut.

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,027 posts
I do not understand why I am receiving this much animosity. I don't even know you.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: google, YouTube, reviews, photos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox