192 replies to this topic

ramkibainu

ramkibainu

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 965 posts
  • Locationmexico

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4j8Wp-sx5K0

oh my!!!...yes!, yes!, yes! it's happening!... DREAMS!!!

I have no words to explain this feeling...

no more limitations for my creativy!!!...

It's like seeing the first trailer of LBP1 and LBP2... it's beautifuuuul!!! :p: :p: :p:

thank you Mm

• EnochRoot, b-coli, Rasumii and 11 others like this
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Yonderland

Yonderland

hi

• Sack Stars
  • 1,264 posts

hype!

44112.png

oO_ArianA_Oo

oO_ArianA_Oo

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 136 posts

It looks amazing! People around the internet are being extremely negative about it.. They've probably never played LBP :o They don't understand a single bit of the potential this has.

Based on what they said after the trailer, something like "You can look forward to making your own games, movies, music, and more", this seems like the next generation of LBP under a different name. They haven't revealed a lot yet, but.. It seems like the dream bubbles you see at the end of the trailer, are the same as "levels", except in this case they're called "dreams". And "dreams" seem to be the equivalent of "levels" in LBP except "dreams" can be anything you want.. In 3D space. With no core focus on it being a platformer at first.. Well, that's what I interpreted from what they were saying, though of course lots of details are still unclear..

Media Molecule are still the masters at this kind of game and when Dreams comes out and it's what I think it to be, I will leave LBP and move to Dreams :3

Also, I love how Alex Evans gave a speech about lucid dreaming.. If that's what inspired them, this might become very amazing. Lucid dreaming is wonderful, even if I only experienced it one or two times in my life.. it's an amazing experience. If you're unaware what lucid dreaming is: It's dreaming (while sleeping), but being aware that you're in a dream, and therefore having complete control over the world you're in, your own form, everything. You can reshape the world you're in at will, you can fly, you can even transform yourself into a potato if you want (though I don't understand why you would want to xD). In a lucid dream, you can do anything.

They said they want to replicate the experience of lucidly dreaming.. So I can't wait to see what they've done..

EDIT: They said they would reveal more information at the Paris Games Week. I looked that up and Paris Games Week starts on the 28th of October.. so there will be more news then! ^^

• EnochRoot, mistervista, pj-15 and 2 others like this

propost

propost

Pro-sack

• Sack Stars
  • 859 posts
  • LocationOn the stars
Found this one online too!
Showing a bit of gameplay and all:

• b-coli, pj-15 and ramkibainu like this
2n3w2nfz.png
Twitter: @lbpropost

oO_ArianA_Oo

oO_ArianA_Oo

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 136 posts

www.mediamolecule.com has a special section for Dreams now! And, this is the best thing there so far:

"Dreams is a space where you go to play and experience the dreams of Media Molecule and our community. It’s also a space in which to create your own dreams, whether they’re games, art, films, music or anything in-between and beyond."

Game, art, film, and music-making has been confirmed! Also, this clearly has Play Create Share. This IS the next LBP-like game!

• pj-15, ramkibainu and propost like this

FlyingIrishMan

FlyingIrishMan

testing.. testing.. is this thing on?

• Administrators
  • 5,620 posts
  • LocationIreland

I'm interested to see how well that create style they showed will work. I can't imagine moving the controller around would be accurate enough for detailed creations, but we'll see.

• EnochRoot and pj-15 like this

Bremnen

Bremnen

New Sack

• MembersAwaitingApproval
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

I'm interested to see how well that create style they showed will work. I can't imagine moving the controller around would be accurate enough for detailed creations, but we'll see.

Looks like they let you refine it judging by the smooth curves on the hoverbikes in the scifi chase scene, straight lines of the piano, the lamp, the hammer, etc etc, like any 3d editing software lets you move vertices and like LBPs corner editor. I'm guessing paint it in with the controller then refine corners with the left/right sticks

• ramkibainu likes this

spiderdian-home

spiderdian-home

Air Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 887 posts
  • LocationBrazil

ArianA, this kind of Play-Create-Share is not like LBP, it goes further, it's a whole new world opened to creativity. I always wanted LBPK, being a 3d game, had a 3D create mode, but it's just a hyper limited LBP1 create mode in a bigger space. But then we have this......game, I really don't know how to explain how I few. If well made(and it will be, because we're talking about Mm), this game will make even me want to jump to the next gen.

Waiting to see a DN(Dreams Network)  :P

• b-coli, ramkibainu and Bremnen like this

"Don't let your Dreams be dreams"

spiderdian-home.png

ramkibainu

ramkibainu

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 965 posts
  • Locationmexico

It looks amazing! People around the internet are being extremely negative about it.. They've probably never played LBP :o They don't understand a single bit of the potential this has.

Based on what they said after the trailer, something like "You can look forward to making your own games, movies, music, and more", this seems like the next generation of LBP under a different name. They haven't revealed a lot yet, but.. It seems like the dream bubbles you see at the end of the trailer, are the same as "levels", except in this case they're called "dreams". And "dreams" seem to be the equivalent of "levels" in LBP except "dreams" can be anything you want.. In 3D space. With no core focus on it being a platformer at first.. Well, that's what I interpreted from what they were saying, though of course lots of details are still unclear..

Media Molecule are still the masters at this kind of game and when Dreams comes out and it's what I think it to be, I will leave LBP and move to Dreams :3

Also, I love how Alex Evans gave a speech about lucid dreaming.. If that's what inspired them, this might become very amazing. Lucid dreaming is wonderful, even if I only experienced it one or two times in my life.. it's an amazing experience. If you're unaware what lucid dreaming is: It's dreaming (while sleeping), but being aware that you're in a dream, and therefore having complete control over the world you're in, your own form, everything. You can reshape the world you're in at will, you can fly, you can even transform yourself into a potato if you want (though I don't understand why you would want to xD). In a lucid dream, you can do anything.

They said they want to replicate the experience of lucidly dreaming.. So I can't wait to see what they've done..

EDIT: They said they would reveal more information at the Paris Games Week. I looked that up and Paris Games Week starts on the 28th of October.. so there will be more news then! ^^

of course, they are the father and mother of LBP!...

that's means no more broken LBP games... no more limitations, for those that don't understand yet, is like Project Spark but 2 times better :p:

in other words, 200 times better,bigger and badass than LittleBugPlanet3

as you said, the bubbles represents dreams, and if you pay attention you can notice a bubble containing a cosmonaut Sackboy and other with the character from Tearaway

yes, you can make your own game,movie,music...lucid dream or lucid nightmare like in sleep paralysis XD

seems to be community based where you can interchange dreams with others... that's means is the succesor of LBP! :p: :p: :p:

there is a good lesson in what happened with LBP3 due Sumo and Sony, Mm must be careful and work hard in it to no launch a poor and incomplete version, and dont let Sony put pressure on them, because the main audience is those that loved LBP1 and LBP2... if it is well made it could be the next big thing

no more boring platforms, I just Imagine a perfect recreation of Heavy Rain for example or Silent Hills! :p:

• EnochRoot, neuropuff and oO_ArianA_Oo like this

spiderdian-home

spiderdian-home

Air Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 887 posts
  • LocationBrazil

of course, they are the father and mother of LBP!...

that's means no more broken LBP games... no more limitations, for those that don't understand yet, is like Project Spark but 2 times better :p:

in other words, 200 times better,bigger and badass than LittleBugPlanet3

as you said, the bubbles represents dreams, and if you pay attention you can notice a bubble containing a cosmonaut Sackboy and other with the character from Tearaway

yes, you can make your own game,movie,music...lucid dream or lucid nightmare like in sleep paralysis XD

seems to be community based where you can interchange dreams with others... that's means is the succesor of LBP! :p: :p: :p:

there is a good lesson in what happened with LBP3 due Sumo and Sony, Mm must be careful and work hard in it to no launch a poor and incomplete version, and dont let Sony put pressure on them, because the main audience is those that loved LBP1 and LBP2... if it is well made it could be the next big thing

no more boring platforms, I just Imagine a perfect recreation of Heavy Rain for example or Silent Hills! :p:

Hey ramki, do you have a PS4?

• ramkibainu likes this

spiderdian-home.png

ramkibainu

ramkibainu

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 965 posts
  • Locationmexico

Hey ramki, do you have a PS4?

no but, now I'm convinced to buy one just for this... I will save the money that was destined to DLC on LittleBugPlanet3 :p:

I could make my own Silent Hills on Dreams!...much better than Project Spark on Xbox one

besides the last guardian is alive, FFXV and the remake of FFVII!!! :p:

• neuropuff likes this

neuropuff

neuropuff

New Sack

• MembersAwaitingApproval
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA

It looks interesting. No real gameplay shown yet, but if its basically allowing create tools geared for 3D gameplay, it will be everything I hoped MM's next game would be.

• ramkibainu likes this

spiderdian-home

spiderdian-home

Air Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 887 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Okay, everybody is talking about the possibilities, but my main question is: Multiplayer?

• ramkibainu, Yonderland, neuropuff and 1 other like this

spiderdian-home.png

ramkibainu

ramkibainu

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 965 posts
  • Locationmexico

we have to wait to have the answers, is still on development I remember the early demo was shown in 2013

https://www.youtube....h?v=H6tgJRRZurk

by the way...I'm downloading the media kit now! :p:

http://dreams.mediamolecule.com/

• neuropuff likes this

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,864 posts

I think the whole concept has great potential and will definitely appeal to many disillusioned ex-LBP creators.

My only quibble is with the control method as I really dislike having to wave a controller around, hopefully there will be an alternate control method.

I predict it could garner many industry awards on release just as LBP1 did....hopefully MM won't outsource testing or any other work  to Sumo Diditallwrong or anyone connected to the LBP3 debacle.

• pj-15, ramkibainu and oO_ArianA_Oo like this

Enochrootsignature.png
3729682643_92edd74d92_o.png
Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

spiderdian-home

spiderdian-home

Air Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 887 posts
  • LocationBrazil

..... <-wrong topic, sorry. :/

spiderdian-home.png

pj-15

pj-15

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNJ

I think the whole concept has great potential and will definitely appeal to many disillusioned ex-LBP creators.

My only quibble is with the control method as I really dislike having to wave a controller around, hopefully there will be an alternate control method.

I predict it could garner many industry awards on release just as LBP1 did....hopefully MM won't outsource testing or any other work  to Sumo Diditallwrong or anyone connected to the LBP3 debacle.

I agree! I used to say back in when lbp first came out it would definitely be cool to have a wacom tablet to work with the game, for those who are more of artsy..... 

The motion sensor style would bother me for sure. I cant imagine it being any more accurate than a move controller... Not saying the move sucks. its just not stable enough... 

This new game looks super powerful! and incredible! And it will definitely catch my attention.... and get me back into creating. 

Thanks for posting the videos cause i totally missed the e3 show. :)

• ramkibainu likes this

ramkibainu

ramkibainu

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 965 posts
  • Locationmexico

oh I wish it cure the wounds and dessillusion caused by LittleBugPlanet3, but can`t blame only Sumos, but Sony too

I expect that Mm will be more wise and learn form these mistakes and not let Sony put pressure on them to launch it unfinished, if ithey make it correctly it will be another great game like LBP  :p:

Sonicdude0107

Sonicdude0107

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 267 posts
  • LocationEarth, Solar System, Universe

If someone remakes this mind-boggling thing in this game I'll personally hand them a year's supply of cookies...
https://www.youtube....h?v=FavUpD_IjVY

• Yonderland and propost like this

propost

propost

Pro-sack

• Sack Stars
  • 859 posts
  • LocationOn the stars
Who doesn't love Cyriak, right?

My first encounter with his style and probably my favourite too (Altho I like malfunction a lot too!)

• Sonicdude0107 likes this
2n3w2nfz.png
Twitter: @lbpropost

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: E3, dreams, Media molecule

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox