-= F1 Racing =- (1~4 Players - Online Friendly)

Race top down

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Zupi

Zupi

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 152 posts

I finally got some time to finish...

"The anticipated, by at least 2 people.. and my mum, final version of "F1 racing", that lands 3 years earlier than expected which features:

[*] 5 TRACKS of various difficulty.

[*] 3 CARS with different handling and characteristics.

[*] Selectable gearbox (Auto-Manual). The later gives more power & challenge while Auto, is more like Arcade and less thrilling.

[*] A few other not so important stuff.

ba16ad3a9514d55ab74a503f574809399554f7d4

d73201535afa835875daf9664cf4161a5a569b9b

76d9738a24c7f23416e7add8224acebc7c5593af

Legal disclaimer:
Although includes auto gearbox ability (actually gearless) for amateurs, it was build around and playtested with gearbox functionality in mind to be challenging, so if you don't have automobile experience you might not enjoy it.

bf8cfe950e2c1ebaa2418a2421f9b9936ffc2964

QPQ
1: Archery simulator, by One Mad Bunny.
2: Coin lector, by Spiderdian-home

• LittleBlackadder likes this

mirjanneke

mirjanneke

Mir :)

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,147 posts
  • LocationCraftworld

looks nice, queued :)

• Zupi likes this

4rRvglp.png

Happy gaming 2 U :)

Shaggy Vinci

Shaggy Vinci

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 164 posts

Looks really nice! On the first sigth i would say a little bit more detail on the tracks (like tire piles, lights, etc) wouldn't be bad, but overall it looks quite good. I'm looking forward to play it and i'll be back with some more feedback.

• Zupi likes this
Posted Image

Zupi

Zupi

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 152 posts
Thanks all for your interest. It really was more detailed when I created the first 2 or 3 tracks and would love to get it be more too, but after the thermo went to 3/4 some segments started to vanish which led me to remove not only decorations but as much polygon corners as well I could, just a lil before all tracks transform to rectangles. lol Of courseI dynamic thermo was out of question and tried to avoid the emit-destroy method to save my sanity. lol

If you play it and interested for some score, I published another version (right next to this) that is 1 player and local multiplayer friendly only, since the vs version does not seem to register scores.

Thanks again.
  • Shaggy Vinci likes this

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 3,944 posts
  • LocationTX

looks really cool, got it queued. 

• Zupi likes this

cN8xRl2.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

Follow me on the Twitter @bioswoop

At the end of the day it's just a game, so chill the ____ out.

LittleBlackadder

LittleBlackadder

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,891 posts
  • LocationAustralia

A great variety of terrific tracks and well made cars too. I was rubbish at driving them though, lol :) If there was a wall or sand area to drive into, I think I did it :)

• Zupi likes this

Zupi

Zupi

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 152 posts
Hopefully, I will find some time to make a walless version for you lol Thanks for trying it anyway. :)

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,375 posts

I'm terrible at this kind of racing game, my brain simply cannot handle steering a car when I'm not "in" or "behind" it - so I didn't get very far. But from what I saw, it  looks like a cool design, and I like that you made the cars with different characteristics.

Zupi

Zupi

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 152 posts
Throughout the development, there was an always right behind the car (local) cam that didn't make it at the end because made me feel dizzy after a while. But the main problem of it's cancelation was that having it stiff, didn't really convey car's inertia making it's behavior feel a little fake.
When local LBP cams start to support lose focus I may reconsider. lol
  • Pookachoo likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Race, top down

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox