• 65 posts

This is getting wet hot.

TAGS: INTERACTIVE STREAM

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts

I don't have any pictures, but I like my microwave haha because it is also an oven, a toaster, and a steamer

That sounds pretty cool and like it'd save a bunch of space. Try putting the name into a search engine and see if it comes up, I wanna see.

ADM-3A terminal:

cF9Xtzu.jpg

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts

It looks like a microwave, but it just cooks a whole bunch of stuff in different ways. If you can see the numbers/writing on the front, they are some of the different foods you can cook. This machine gives you 47 examples you can use. Or you can just set the cooking mode, temperature, wattage or time yourself. I think you can download an app and send instructions to it as well. Water for the steamer is put in a little tank under the machine.

Cool. That's pretty clever. Would you be happy using that to do your rice or do you use a dedicated rice cooker?

The only parts I can read are 'start' since it's in katakana and 'shiagari' which I'm guessing in this context means it's ready or done?

But I wish Japan had more central heating, some modern houses have it but most places don't, so it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter indoors. We have to use the air conditioning unit or a kerosene heater to stay at a reasonable temperature, it's expensive! :(

You see people waking up in freezing houses to the point where they can see their own breath a lot in anime, it must suck to leave a warm bed to be greeted by that.

Edit: if you are interested, I can post some more electronics we have here. But they are common things people have in Japan

If you think they're smexy go ahead. If you have any ancient NEC computers at work or something that'd be cool.

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts
What I find funny is all those appliances have more complicated controls than your multi-purpose oven which does a million things. They also look kinda dated with all the beige.

I was kinda tempted to get a rice cooker a couple of years ago since they do it perfectly every time but it's crazy-expensive to get a proper one. Since then I have cooking it on the hob down to an art. I've never tried Japanese rice though, generally I only see basmati and other long grains in the shops.

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts

Yeah they can be a little expensive, even the old looking ones :(
Japanese rice is really good tho, it's also a little sticky. I hope you can enjoy it!
But sometimes its a little sweet, lots of Japanese food is sweet lol
If you like sweet things I think you will like the food here :)

I like sweet things but I'm not keen on food from that side of the world generally. The food is one of the things that would put me off living there, the other thing being the summer heat. I need snow and bacon to work optimally.

Here is our fridge lol it opens by touching the buttons

Damn, this is a whole new level of laziness I didn't even know I needed. Oh yeah, that reminds me of reading about taxis over there having automatic doors that open for you, we should import that idea as well.

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts
Does this mean a little PotatoMuffin is on the way?

I used to work for a hospital in the medical records department but never saw much of the fancy equipment in clinical areas.

mirjanneke

mirjanneke

Mir :)

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,147 posts
  • LocationCraftworld

Yes :) a little Potatomuffins 2 is due in August ;)

congratz :)

4rRvglp.png

Happy gaming 2 U :)

the sexy sack man

the sexy sack man

sexy ting yeah

• Moderators
  • 3,947 posts

Does this mean a little PotatoMuffin is on the way?

Would just like to state that for the record this sounds a lot cuter than saying are you having a little baby! 

Also congrats dude! :D 

Tj4aFhl.png

AwardBannercopy.png

'Funniest member of the year' Pretty sure I am the chandler of the site right now! 
Dr Kandatto said:

"If I give it a twist" Dave Grahl is obviously talking about SSM's Nipples

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts

Congratulations. You kept that one quiet. ;)

There's a machine here in Japan where you can win and dispense some electronics. 3ds, ps vita, cameras, iPods etc
But also you can win some rubbish stuff, you always get a prize tho. I saw someone on the Internet win an empty DVD case once haha!
I really want to play this next time I go into the big city. It costs 1000 yen to play :)

If you want to see a video you can search: 1000円自販機 大当たり (1000 en jihanki ooatari)

I heard about umbrella dispensers over there, those sound handy. Particularly in tourist spots where people might get caught out by rain.

Stax electrostatic headphones:

qc2MTj6.jpg

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,863 posts

new apple watch? Yay or Nay?

Enochrootsignature.png
3729682643_92edd74d92_o.png
Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

ILoveI6v6I

ILoveI6v6I

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 364 posts

Apple products are just status symbols for the elitist fanboys out there. Apple could sell a gold plated electronic turd and people would buy it. Oh look, I have an iTurd, i'm better than you

• b-coli and mirjanneke like this

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts

Is it smexy? It's honestly kinda ugly and too chunky for girly wrists like mine. Only the shark mesh and steel link bracelets make it look passable from the pics I've seen.

• b-coli likes this

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts
IeMrLeV.jpg

#hipster
  • b-coli likes this

mirjanneke

mirjanneke

Mir :)

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,147 posts
  • LocationCraftworld

looks yummie :)

a bit like our poffertjes, but with filling

• propost likes this

4rRvglp.png

Happy gaming 2 U :)

propost

propost

Pro-sack

• Sack Stars
  • 859 posts
  • LocationOn the stars
Nom nom nom, hartige poffertjes *drewl*

My gf says it's called blini's (if you want the recipe), and they are great with smoked salmon, chive and a bit of herbcheese/creamcheese....
*getting extremely hungry*
  • mirjanneke likes this
2n3w2nfz.png
Twitter: @lbpropost

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts

Here are a couple of pics, we tried making takoyaki at home :)

Now whenever I hear about takoyaki I think of this scene:

• propost likes this

KittyRainbows

KittyRainbows

猫の虹

• Happy Sacks
  • 425 posts
  • Location奈良 , 日本

mm toasted cheese sandwiches are yummy, not had one in ages >_< , congrats on the kiddy tho as I see :)  to potatomuffins.

unfortunately I haven't got quite so good tech, I recently bought  kettle :P , oh and I guess I forgot the  ipad we got ^_^ its pretty cool and of course the awesome ps4 we got a few months ago. loving this although some of our fav games are on ps3 >_<

KittyRainbows

KittyRainbows

猫の虹

• Happy Sacks
  • 425 posts
  • Location奈良 , 日本

hmm im not sure about the apple watch, I think id like to have a look at it some more

KittyRainbows

KittyRainbows

猫の虹

• Happy Sacks
  • 425 posts
  • Location奈良 , 日本

I forgot to add that we got a little microscope for the phone to take close up photos of small things like bugs :P , I haven't got a pic yet though

• b-coli, nirvana and LittleBlackadder like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox