What are you working on?

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts

Omg! Ayn, your tip has been ingenious! :) Taking pictures of 6 instruments all at once instead of fotographing every single instrument saved me soo much thermo, that...instead of reaching the sixth scale mark of the thermo now I'm not even reaching the first scale mark! :) Thank you so much! :) You've really earned a medal! I will mention you in the credits! :)

Alright, cool.

blacksackman

blacksackman

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 369 posts
  • LocationPod

I'm currently planning 3 platformers, a couple of mini-games. And some versus levels that will be filled with fun. 

SR28

SR28

New Sack

• MembersAwaitingApproval
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Here's just a couple of pictures of something in the works for now. 

d18b4a770409d54bd832500a2592e9452a26b7e7

d9fd4a7d31933136d02aed04ad307a72059f9032

My Latest level is finished try it out here: Central City - RPG

Current Progress: 100%

Fox Stevenson

Fox Stevenson

Hello!

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Currently working on the sequel to "Codename: White Snow (platformer)"

8a155dfcc4ccd5555af4a88e503f6c4f250cb389

• LittleBlackadder, Yonderland and SR28 like this

Hello! I'm a great creator with not that much time to create now. My mind is full of ideas that will never see the light of day. That's how it it is. I'm currently working on the sequel to my best level "Codename: White snow." It is by far the most underrated level around. It boggles my mind how no one seems to realize how good it is, gameplay wise, logic wise and fun. I dare you to play that level and find a glitch or faulty logic in it.

https://lbp.me/u/Car...photos?p=1&l=12

Fox Stevenson

Fox Stevenson

Hello!

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Another pic from the sequel level that I'm working on.

21ecc522e6578f9ee16454399f894346b3e76777

• LittleBlackadder and Yonderland like this

Hello! I'm a great creator with not that much time to create now. My mind is full of ideas that will never see the light of day. That's how it it is. I'm currently working on the sequel to my best level "Codename: White snow." It is by far the most underrated level around. It boggles my mind how no one seems to realize how good it is, gameplay wise, logic wise and fun. I dare you to play that level and find a glitch or faulty logic in it.

https://lbp.me/u/Car...photos?p=1&l=12

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,014 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ, USA
I've been working on a dungeon-type level using an isometric camera view. What do you guys think - I like the idea of front wals that become 0% opaque when the player is behind them, but there is still a ghostly texture outline present. It's like the wall is in Predator stealth mode. Is it better to just not have front walls? That looks odd too, though.
Posted Image

Sonicdude0107

Sonicdude0107

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 268 posts
  • LocationEarth, Solar System, Universe

I've been working on a dungeon-type level using an isometric camera view. What do you guys think - I like the idea of front wals that become 0% opaque when the player is behind them, but there is still a ghostly texture outline present. It's like the wall is in Predator stealth mode. Is it better to just not have front walls? That looks odd too, though.

Perhaps you should try making the roofs very transparent, but not completely transparent, when you're inside a building. That might look quite good. :)

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Royal Sack

• Administrators
  • 2,433 posts

Perhaps you should try making the roofs very transparent, but not completely transparent, when you're inside a building. That might look quite good. :)

That could look rather cool :)

If you want walls to totally disappear/reappear you could always destroy/emit them.

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,014 posts

That could look rather cool :)
If you want walls to totally disappear/reappear you could always destroy/emit them.

Thanks, I like the look but it makes it hard to see, even at 0% opacity, because the texture outline remains. It's like an edge-detection filter was applied. It really hampers the ability to play.

I already finished the level and published, and it is languishing out there with all my other levels that I create. 15 plays in the last three or four days or so. Why do I bother?
Posted Image

waffle_king23

waffle_king23

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 531 posts
  • LocationOsaka

So i've been working on a kanji gallery stage, built around the concept of a school. Because i'm a dork i've spent most of the time working on a teleportation system between the different floors (an out growth of originally trying to do this in LBP2, where destroy/emit was a keystone of my attempts at thermo control). Finally got the system into some semblance of working order this morning. It's not exactly what i want, but it may be enough for gov't work. There does seem to be something wonky going on when i try to teleport to the 7th or exit floors. i'll get it worked out, though, i imagine it's just a mislabeled tag or something.

Anyway, here's how it's looking at the moment. It's all barebones, still haven't put together hallways or anything but a mock classroom, though the blackboard/kanji getter is done, so that's nice (and in the video as well). So, here it is, give it a looksee.

Video goes here.

And if anyone can tell me how to get rid of the pop into controlinator effect, you get a cookie from me. It kinda kills the illusion i'm trying to sell.

Posted Image
時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。
ージョン・タインズ、作家

ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
Watch me butcher monsters and the Japanese Language!
Community Levels first impressions - Roughly 15 Fresh!

waffle_king23

waffle_king23

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 531 posts
  • LocationOsaka

I like the school concept, it looks interesting. Will your level just be displaying kanji? Or will it include how to pronounce and write the word for beginners?

I believe we have a few users here who have made Hiragana/katakana levels and also some kanji levels!

i'll have the readings in romaji on the notes (and on the descriptions on the sticker items, themselves, if players are inclined to pick them up). i'm going to try and do one or two writing demonstrations (with at least 8kanji or kanji compounds per room, it'd be just too much strain on the thermo to do a demo for all). A pronunciation guide though...that's an interesting idea. i'll have to see what the thermo is looking like once i've got everything kitted out.

i actually had a hiragana/katakana level and a kanji one way back in LBP1...they were so.

• WilliamMl and Donaldovaw like this
Posted Image
ージョン・タインズ、作家

ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts

And if anyone can tell me how to get rid of the pop into controlinator effect, you get a cookie from me. It kinda kills the illusion i'm trying to sell.

I don't believe you can get rid of the controlinator animation, you could hide it behind a piece of material however. An alternative would be to make the player invisible at the point of entry with an opacity tweaker on a broadcast chip.

You may find my Japanese Language Pack useful, it has all kana and a few dozen kanji. That said, it may be redundant since we have decent notes now.

e2f3c4724248e81be924adf1bfb9eac173cda140
  • CuriousSack, LittleBlackadder, propost and 2 others like this

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,014 posts

So i've been working on a kanji gallery stage, built around the concept of a school. Because i'm a dork i've spent most of the time working on a teleportation system between the different floors (an out growth of originally trying to do this in LBP2, where destroy/emit was a keystone of my attempts at thermo control). Finally got the system into some semblance of working order this morning. It's not exactly what i want, but it may be enough for gov't work. There does seem to be something wonky going on when i try to teleport to the 7th or exit floors. i'll get it worked out, though, i imagine it's just a mislabeled tag or something.

Anyway, here's how it's looking at the moment. It's all barebones, still haven't put together hallways or anything but a mock classroom, though the blackboard/kanji getter is done, so that's nice (and in the video as well). So, here it is, give it a looksee.

Video goes here.

Use a remote controlinator?

Posted Image

waffle_king23

waffle_king23

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 531 posts
  • LocationOsaka

Ah man, I haven't written any Japanese on paper since I did my resume to find work. Nowadays I just type Japanese, I can read it and find the kanji I need but I have already forgotten how to write some kanji by hand lol the last kanji I learned to write was 獰猛 ww maybe I should practice writing sometimes instead of just reading, typing and talking!

I would like to make a takoyaki mini game, where you catch all of the falling takoyaki! But I probably won't have time lol

頑張れ!タコヤキ師匠!

@Ayn, those are beautiful kana you have there! And i imagine you worked them out of material, yeah? Well more patience than i think i have, i did the kanji for the level and room signs out of material to give them a more blocky look, but it's always such a pain to get them looking right and well balanced. Definitely more fun to do them with Paint and Lolipop. As for your idea about material in front of the Controllinator, there's already a brass plate in front of it. Tried Re-physicallizing it, but that didn't do the trick. i may try to set the controllinator a few layers back from the plate and see if that does anything.

@katatnagirl1, every time i type your name, i always want to put katakanagirl. Anyhow, remote controllinators might be the answer, but to tell the truth...i really kinda suck at getting them to work the way i think they're supposed to. Also, wouldn't the camera pan take the player(s) off-screen, and end up killing them?

Posted Image
ージョン・タインズ、作家

ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,014 posts

Ha, katakanagirl, that's pretty clever!

Not sure what you mean by "camera pan".  It should work the same way as a controlinator that the player sits in, you just need to make it a receiver and set to nearest player (works best for one player level).  I think that's all but I'm going by memory so I might have forgotten a few details.  If you need the camera to be directed elsewhere, you can use a movie camera (game camera always tries to include player).  Just make sure the movie camera does not disable controls.  I made that mistake a while back and it took me an hour to figure it out.

If you are on PS4 and would like some help, send me a friend request and I'll see if I can help.

Posted Image

Merlin

Merlin

abracadabra

• Sack Stars
  • 689 posts

@Ayn, those are beautiful kana you have there! And i imagine you worked them out of material, yeah? Well more patience than i think i have, i did the kanji for the level and room signs out of material to give them a more blocky look, but it's always such a pain to get them looking right and well balanced. Definitely more fun to do them with Paint and Lolipop.

Thanks, I was a scribe in a previous life. To keep the characters proportionate I recommend using 2x2 genkou youshi instead of writing freehand. In LBP you could use 4 cardboard blocks to serve the same purpose.
  • waffle_king23 likes this

mirjanneke

mirjanneke

Mir :)

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,147 posts
  • LocationCraftworld

almost feels strange to say I'm currently working on a simple platformer, after seeing all these wonderful Japanese characters ;)

4rRvglp.png

Happy gaming 2 U :)

waffle_king23

waffle_king23

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 531 posts
  • LocationOsaka

almost feels strange to say I'm currently working on a simple platformer, after seeing all these wonderful Japanese characters ;)

No no! i love simple platformers! i'm just...not so good at making them. Looking forward to seeing yours, though.

Posted Image
ージョン・タインズ、作家

ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)

propost

propost

Pro-sack

• Sack Stars
  • 859 posts
  • LocationOn the stars
I've been working on a secret non lbp related project, which is costing me tons of time
Once the project is officially launched, I will give you guys an update and shout out!
2n3w2nfz.png
Twitter: @lbpropost

katanagirl1

katanagirl1

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,014 posts

I've been working on a secret non lbp related project, which is costing me tons of time
Once the project is officially launched, I will give you guys an update and shout out!

Coming from you, if it is not LBP, then it must be music-related

:D

• propost likes this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox