- - - - -

LBP PSP: The most dissapointing LBP game.

PSP Bad games

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

century

century

Awesome Sack

• MembersAwaitingApproval
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

POPULAR

Apart from the fact that LBP PSP had a beta, LBP PSP has no credibility whatsoever.

As soon as you play into the first level, the story is not clear, and nothing makes sense. I don't understand where they were going with the story, because it's even more ludicrous then what LBP turned out to have. Nothing is straightfoward, nothing makes sense. It's like you're in this one place this time, and you wake up to be in this snowy dump the next. It's like you never even realize you are going to some place thats supposed to represent Brazil but doesn't look like it until you get there.

But the create mode must be great! NO. You are confined to large grid or stamps that don't overlap when placing materials. This is insulting because it's made obvious you don't need to be confined to these restraints (why large grid?). And there aren't any objects like in LittleBigPlanet, you are confined to the limits of materials. Tutorials are just insuting: all they are, are videos. Every single one of them. This isn't technological limits, this is flat out lazy. No way in hell would you not be able to put tutorials you can jump into and try out the items in a specialized enviroment, oh no. They could even have done LBP2esque tutorials. But oh no, too much work, hurr hurr. They also cut out so much stuff: look, here, unused tutorial videos. https://m.youtube.co...h?v=f3M2cKYSufc . I understand in-game pictures, but why remove the goddamn simple stuff like Level Keys? Why? Whhyyyyy
Also, you can't place stickers on Sackboy. These are one of the simple things that you'd think be technologically hindered, until you understand the logic behind it. Here is how i think it works, and im probably right; Every time you place a sticker on Sackboy, it maps it to a texture map, preferably an seperate overlay. The sackboy texture would be in a whole file. This is why if you were to place a sticker on sackboys tounge, it would also sometimes map to his hands and feet, as they are the textures closest to the tounge. This is one of those simple things that people don't implement not even because they are lazy, but because they like to piss people off.

You'd think Story Mode would look beautiful, but only the opening sequence displays this. The rest of the game looks like the work of a 9yr/o. You'd think it be fun. You've probably made a big mistake. A redeeming feature is that it's a level longer then LBP1. A level. Now thats good!

A lot of the costume selection is this: Fantasy characters, animals and skimpy girl outfits. Like, when i think of LBP PSP costumes, all i can think of are the countless costumes that are basically clones of LBP2's Marie, who is perfectly acceptable in the context for the clothes she is wearing. Not LBP PSP characters. Also, Alpine lederhosen. Talking about skimpy girl outfits, a redeeming feature of LBP PSP is that it doesn't have meerkat strip clubs and jokes about erections like LBP did. You'd think the skimpy girl outfits would be a plus (pervert), but you can't place stickers on sackthing, so all customizability there is gone. (pervert.)

Atleast the game is stable, right? Wrong. It's infamous for it's instability. Every time you exit out of a level on your moon, crash. When placing objects, crash. Everything corrupts the game to pieces. It's even worse the LBP3, and that's saying a lot. Like, a lot. A really, really big "lot", considering LBP3 freezes every time you delete a sackbot. Sure, they did have a patch, but, thats kind of what they say with LBP3, and nobody is getting over it.

And there was no incentive to get it, no special thing. With LBP Vita, it brought everything to the table, not just touch features, but the memorizer, this, that. LBP PSP basically was what LBP would be like if all the developers were drunk. The only new feature was thats it's for PSP. And it has downgraded everything. And it has lots of skimpy girl outfits. Thats it.

So many things were cut in a rush. This game should get as much hate LBP3 gets in a year. In a day. Every day. For the rest of it's crappy lifetime. In which it's dead already, so we should celebrate.

Oh wait! I didn't even mention it only has two layers! And that the pod has been removed! And...
  • ThomasBib, KennethCar, MichealNubs and 69 others like this

zeroMAKS

zeroMAKS

Hot Shot Sack

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustin TX, USA

Uh... I liked it... but I also agree with you, or most of what you said.

• DonateloCah, Richardzede, Edwardpymn and 4 others like this

zeroMAKS.png

Empademic

Empademic

やさい 🍅

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationIrrelevant. The Earth is always moving at incredible speeds, orbiting the Sun whilst maintaining it's own rotation along it's axis. So, theoretically, you are never in the same location for more than a nonillionth of a nanosecond... probably less. So let me re-state all that
Sounds like a game that would give me mental trauma and PTSD. Good thing that I don't even own a PSP.
  • DonateloCah, Richardzede, Edwardpymn and 3 others like this
'Ello :3

sig.png

zeroMAKS

zeroMAKS

Hot Shot Sack

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustin TX, USA

Sounds like a game that would give me mental trauma and PTSD. Good thing that I don't even own a PSP.

It's kinda something you just have to experience on your own. I think the mechanics are very watered down, but most of the asthetics are pretty good. And I liked the level design because they did what they could with what they had.

• DonateloCah, Edwardpymn, Aliciaen and 1 other like this

zeroMAKS.png

Empademic

Empademic

やさい 🍅

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationIrrelevant. The Earth is always moving at incredible speeds, orbiting the Sun whilst maintaining it's own rotation along it's axis. So, theoretically, you are never in the same location for more than a nonillionth of a nanosecond... probably less. So let me re-state all that
I'm a big fan of good aesthetics and level design, so right now I have mixed feelings about the game.

But I haven't tried it, so what can I say? Lol, it's like how IGN rated LBP3 just a little above average, but I still enjoy it.
  • zeroMAKS, DonateloCah, Edwardpymn and 1 other like this
'Ello :3

sig.png

zeroMAKS

zeroMAKS

Hot Shot Sack

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustin TX, USA

Yeah, I'd say play it if you have completed all LBP storylines, but still want more. It would be good to just derp through it and enjoy it causally than to take it seriously. Also, its theme song is tied in my book for best LBP theme song (that and LBP2 theme).

• Edwardpymn and Aliciaen like this

zeroMAKS.png

Gst0395

Gst0395

New Sack

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLancashire, UK

The PSP game is the ONLY LBP installment that I never played in full or owned, not counting the demo version. I thought it had the charm of the PS3 version at the time with obviously limited hardware. One thing I have to ask, is there a decorateable pod like in other games or is it just completed omitted?

• zeroMAKS likes this

211Nickey

211Nickey

dead tube

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

The pod exists, but you don't start in it. It's limited to a option on the main menu. All you can do there is change your costume and that's about it. It's a cardboard room with a button in the middle that just returns you back to the main menu.

zeroMAKS

zeroMAKS

Hot Shot Sack

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationAustin TX, USA

The pod exists, but you don't start in it. It's limited to a option on the main menu. All you can do there is change your costume and that's about it. It's a cardboard room with a button in the middle that just returns you back to the main menu.

Yeah, not really worth putting it in the game if it's just limited to that if you ask me.

zeroMAKS.png

211Nickey

211Nickey

dead tube

• PipPip
  • 65 posts

So what do these "skimpy girl outfits" look like exactly? Do we got any screenshots?

They most likely aren't that bad... right?

Yonderland

Yonderland

hi

• Sack Stars
  • 1,265 posts

So what do these "skimpy girl outfits" look like exactly? Do we got any screenshots?

They most likely aren't that bad... right?

I'd imagine they're bad enough so that they shouldn't be in a 7+ game.

44112.png

Robokai

Robokai

New Sack

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Honestly, this was my first LBP game and I loved it, still do. There was something extraordinarily charming in its imperfection that no other LBP game quite got...LBP Vita had some of it before the graphical update though :^)

• b-coli and Radical tubular guy like this

FrancisRaics

FrancisRaics

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
V8bS4M5.jpg

instagram followers generator

get instagram followers generator free
instagram followers generator
instagram followers generator no human verification free