Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 584 posts
Original Contest Thread from LBPCentral.com

13226522535_0946fa8cca_o.jpg

THE FLIP SIDE!

Hey everyone! We’re back with a new contest for you. Before we get into the details, though, we’d like to say farewell to thespacemonkey187 who is leaving the Crew to “spend more time with his family” wink.gif In his case, though, it’s true as the birth of his daughter means he has his hands full for a while. Congratulations to him and a huge thank you for everything he has done for the Crew. We’ll miss him A LOT!

Welcome to the Flip Side!

Welcome to a world of contradictions, contrast and reversals. Yes, our theme for this contest is “opposites”, where night meets day, black meets white and fire meets ice. Even the contest itself is a double-sided one. We thought it was time to showcase not just the create skills in the Community but the playing skills as well. So we start out with a create contest in which we are asking you to build a highscore level on the theme of “opposites” and then, once we’ve chosen the finalists from the create stage, we want to flip the contest over into a play contest and award a prize to the person who gets the highest scoreboard rankings in the shortlisted levels. 

The contest is for both LBP2 and LBP Vita entries. A Crown and an LBPC pin will be awarded to the winner of the both the LBP2 and Vita create contests. The runner up in each category will get a $20 PSN card (or its nearest equivalent in other currencies).

The winner of the play contest will get an LBPC pin and a $20 PSN card. 

Create

For the create part of the challenge we’d like you to build a highscore level i.e. a level where the gameplay is focussed on getting that coveted top slot on the scoreboard. This doesn’t mean you have to use race gates, though. Your level could feature bubble combos or cunningly hidden secret point stashes or anything else that will bring out that competitive edge in the players and get them gunning for first place. Replay value will be key.

The theme for the highscore levels is “opposites”. So your level should feature two contrasting elements or concepts, such as red/green, good/evil, big/small and so on. Ideally, these opposing elements should not be decorative only but be integrated into or affect the gameplay in some way.

Rules

• Create an original previously unpublished level based on the contest theme and gameplay requirements.

• The level can be of any genre, so long as accumulating a score is an integral part of the level 

• Given the type of gameplay we’re looking for, cutscenes should be avoided apart from a short intro or outro (optional). 

• One level slot/thermo per entry. 

• All entries must be playable in LittleBigPlanet 2 or LBP Vita only. No cross-controller levels, but wormholes (and other cross-controller DLC) within a level without using the cross-controller functionality are allowed.

Publish your levels between 25th and 30th April (final deadline is 11.59 pm GMT on 30th April) and include the text “(LBPC12)” in the title of the level. 

• Post LBP.me links to your levels in this thread, so we’re sure not to miss them!

• You can only submit one entry. This means you must choose to enter either an LBP2 or a Vita entry NOT BOTH.

• After the deadline, do not republish. Levels republished after the deadline will be disqualified. Exceptions may be made for quick fixes with respect to level titles, description, badges, or major game-breaking fixes, but only with the prior consent of the contest crew. If you need to request an edit, please post in this thread and send me a PM.

• Last but not least, have fun, play fair and respect other creators, LBPC members, Judges and Staff! (Contestants banned from LBPC at any time during the period of the contest are automatically disqualified from it)

Play

Further details of the play challenge will be released nearer the time but essentially the goal will be for players to get the highest possible ranking they can in each of the shortlist contest entries. (If we don’t get enough entries in the Vita create competition we may not be able to run a play contest for Vita.)

Creators of the shortlisted levels will not be allowed to compete in the play contest as they would clearly have something of an advantage over everyone else! 

When the play contest is over the results of the create and play contests will be announced at the same time.

Good luck to everyone who enters!

Also a little Handy FAQ for you all

Q: Can I enter a previously published level?
A: No.

Q: Can I enter a level I already have on my moon, but hasn't yet been published?
A: Yes.

Q: Once I've published my entry, can I republish it?
A: You can republish it during the publishing window as many times as you like, but mustn't republish after the deadline.

Q: When will the judging begin?
A: The judges may take a look at some levels prior to the deadline, but the judging proper will not begin until after the deadline.

Q: When will the results be posted?
A: We can't really give any accurate answer to this, but it will be no more than a month after the judging begins.
LBPC Contest Crew

• biorogue • Dav1d0 • hyperdude95 • Jauw • Pookachoo • Shadowriver • shropshirelass

• b-coli, avundcv and PhilipMa like this

HaggardCricket

HaggardCricket

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 433 posts
  • LocationI'm Aussie.

:p:

sig.png

^ My best original songs here! ^

Empademic

Empademic

Hot Shot Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationIrrelevant. The Earth is always moving at incredible speeds, orbiting the Sun whilst maintaining it's own rotation along it's axis. So, theoretically, you are never in the same location for more than a nonillionth of a nanosecond... probably less. So let me re-state all that
Dang it! I should have published Lux today instead if five days ago! It matches the criteria- containing opposite elements (fire and water) and is also a score challenge...

Oh well, my creating is deep, not fast, so I wish good luck to all participants. :)
Wanna try a level of mine? Then you are welcome to click (or tap) below!

sig.png
sig.png
sig.png
sig.png

shookie99

shookie99

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,028 posts
Well I am entering this. I have a good idea for it.
shookie99_001.jpg
AwardBannercopy.png
Thanks to Wallace for the new sig!
http://lbp.me/u/SX_Shookie99
http://lbp.me/u/Shookiemonster99
http://lbp.me/u/shookie_monster

New level: Operation: Steamjunk Part 1

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 584 posts

Important update: a Crown has been approved for the Vita create contest as well - that's two Crowns up for grabs!  :P

Pookachoo.com

Creator and Player Resources

LBP2, Vita, Karting

Tikaki-MooMoo

Tikaki-MooMoo

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

:3

iuvTD2q.png SWampMeet11_zpsc2298e26.png

hr.png

@PSN: Tikaki-MooMoo 

LittleBigPlanet Profiles

LBP2 - LBPV - LBPK - LBP:HUB 

[Changeling Legend]

Dolphins-r-lame

Dolphins-r-lame

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Oooh a crown for vita? Sounds awesome, I understand the vita community is very small maybe this will attract more players to vita! Either way good luck everyone!

sig.png

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 584 posts

Yeah, we didn't want to end up giving a crown for Vita if there were only a few entries - but we really didn't want to discourage people from creating on the Vita either.

Based on past competitions, I'd say the odds of winning a crown on the Vita side may be higher, but the competition will still be very strong ;)

By the way, LBPCentral.com has been having some problems lately, so I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread in case anyone has questions.

• Dolphins-r-lame likes this

Pookachoo.com

LBP2, Vita, Karting

zeroMAKS

zeroMAKS

Hot Shot Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationAustin TX, USA

Hey everyone! I have an entry but I can't post on lbpc. I've tried my laptop, iphone, vita, and my mom's laptop, but it won't let me leave comments on the website. Please don't forget me! Here's my entry http://lbp.me/v/qrjhqje#. It's called,   (lbpc12) Thinking With Potensacks

zeroMAKS.png

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 584 posts

We've got it on our list :)

Anyone else who's unable to post at Central, feel free to post here and I'll be checking in regularly.

Pookachoo.com

LBP2, Vita, Karting

retrogamer7

retrogamer7

Hot Shot Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 343 posts
  • LocationRochester Kent England

This really is a great idea for a contest :) The variables are endless. Its a shame I found this so late :( Oh well good luck to all you talented people :)

sig.png

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 584 posts

This really is a great idea for a contest :) The variables are endless. Its a shame I found this so late :( Oh well good luck to all you talented people :)

Soon the high score player's contest will start, you could win a LBPC pin!

Pookachoo.com

LBP2, Vita, Karting

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationTX

The announcement has been made and for the first and last time in LBPCentral history, there has been declared a tie! A huge congratulations to co-winners Shookie and PJ15 for creating such awesome levels for the create contest. 

The Vita side of things saw Lordwardblade take the win and in the high score challenge, coolman walked away as top scorer. Big congrats to all of these guys. Well done. Original Announcement Here

• b-coli, shookie99 and pj-15 like this

h392Qkc.png

Follow me on the Twitter @bioswoop

At the end of the day it's just a game, so chill the ____ out.

shookie99

shookie99

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,028 posts
Thanks bio. And a congrats to pj15 and lordwarblade as well.
  • b-coli and pj-15 like this
shookie99_001.jpg
AwardBannercopy.png

pj-15

pj-15

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 108 posts
  • LocationNJ

Thanks xero, So exciting to receive my crown :) i was actually surprised shookie has not received a crown until now. Well over due.  a great contributor to the community. :)

• b-coli, shookie99 and xerorogue like this

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,007 posts

congrats guys!!!! about freaking time there Shookie ;) glad you finally earned a trophy from a comp! wish it was on LBN but hey, take whatcha can get! ;) 

so does this mean you guys are gonna slow down on creating or just keep going? ;)

• pj-15 likes this

Posted Image

pj-15

pj-15

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 108 posts
  • LocationNJ

Thanks b-coli :)

Slow down creating? Not me. i would like to hit at least a thousand player hearts one day. Not much for some people, but for me it would be awesome.... Hopefully an mm pick to one day. :)

I always have ideas for levels. Its just hard finding time. and new deco..... we need more non future deco to work with..... Plus it gets lonely on my moon. haaa. so maybe ill take a week break. 

shookie99

shookie99

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,028 posts
Thanks bcoli. Well I am currently working on a few things so I won't be retiring just yet. Still need to win an LBN contest.....
shookie99_001.jpg
AwardBannercopy.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LBP2, LBPVita, Crown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox