CuriousSack

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 133 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany
DreamCreators proudly present:

DreamCreators' Advent

http://lbp.me/v/gvnnge

somewhere near the North Pole some Christmas elves out from the German Dream_Creators-Clan have been busy
working to present an extraordinary Advent Calendar to our community and to bring the spirit of Advent and
Christmas to our lbp-world!

Within four moody winter and Christmas scenes you can find and open the 24 doors with all the gifts to
increase the pleasant anticipation and sweeten the long wait till Christmas Eve! Ho, ho, ho!^^
To open the doors you first have to fetch a "sticker of the day" within the level, the actual sticker will
open the door of the actual date and all the doors before! So no need to worry if you have missed one day!^^

You can reach and open the doors by exploring the scenes in the way of a platformer by climbing, jumping and
using the grabbling-hook!

The gifts will be decorations and objects fitting to the Advent season and lots of carols composed by
myself!^^

On Christmas Eve there will be a surprise... (but I had to promise not to tell too much! And I will keep
this secret!^^)

We wish you all a Happy Advent Season!

Greetings, CuriousSack for DreamCreators^^

Credits:
special thanks to @DragonforceXIII (Design, Logic, Creation-Director: Christmas-Eve-Surprise), @n1tr0t0m
(Release-coordination, Creation-Director: Mini game), @LaytonsLehrling (Design, motivational coaching),
@aleparad (motivational coaching, Design), @blitzableiter123 (motivational coaching) and very special thank
to @SenneChuChi (Design, motivational coaching and being our Advent spirit :))
@CuriousSack (Art Direction, Design, music, project-coordination)

Posted Image
DreamCreators' Advent Calendar
Posted Image
Sticker-Shop 2
Posted Image
Days 1-6
Posted Image
Days 7-12
Posted Image
Exit
Posted Image
Days 13-18
Posted Image
Days 19-24

And not to forget: my referrences for the QPQ:

Jessrocks247
Spirit of Christmas
http://lbp.me/v/gnt-6n

Thenotorious-187
A Journey through Shilouette - Glow
http://lbp.me/v/f53ds3

You're interested in our German Clan? Then also watch our youtube introduction!
  • avundcv likes this
Posted Image

avundcv

avundcv

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,352 posts
  • LocationGermany
Yay! What a wonderful level :)
Its funny, its beautiful and it brings this warm Christmas feeling :)
Very good job!
Excellent :)
  • CuriousSack likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Idgo

Idgo

hnngg

• Happy Sacks
  • 710 posts
  • LocationThe Broccoli Realm
This looks awesomesauce! Queue queue queue!! ^_^
  • CuriousSack likes this

Posted Image

Epic signature brought to you by Schnuckio! Thanks a bunch!

Liquid_Blood_

Liquid_Blood_

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 941 posts
  • LocationThe Orb of Dreams (as the rest of the omniverse calls it)
Wait, so you will be republishing this level each day with a new sticker?? That is an incredibly shrewd way to get a ton more plays if people are into it. 24 TIMES as many!
  • CuriousSack likes this

the sexy sack man

the sexy sack man

sexy ting yeah

• Moderators
  • 3,653 posts

Wait, so you will be republishing this level each day with a new sticker?? That is an incredibly shrewd way to get a ton more plays if people are into it. 24 TIMES as many!

I say it's a clever way... not as if he is copying a level or anything... and the question is... will it get the hearts in proportion to the plays... we shall see...
  • CuriousSack likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

'Staff member of the year'- Stop in the name of the sexy sack man!
Dr Kandatto said:

"If I give it a twist" Dave Grahl is obviously talking about SSM's Nipples

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 2,952 posts
  • LocationTX
pretty cool. will add to the queue
  • CuriousSack likes this

pLLK7fA.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

Follow me on the Twitter @bioswoop

At the end of the day it's just a game, so chill the ____ out.

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 133 posts
@Liquid_Blood:

Hi Liquid, not as shrewd as you think! Because only the Sticker-Shop will be republished each day!^^ And we know that people also are shrewd, they probably play the Calendar not before Christmas Eve, so that they can open all doors at once with only one sticker!^^ And get all the gifts! Liquid, speak truly, if they would have all doors to be opened from the beginning lots of people would open them on the first day! (estimated 100% :P) But thats not the intention of an Advent Calendar!^^ It seemed to be the only way to prevent people from tempering delight! Only honorable purposes^^

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

Btw, you can't get no further PN's, maybe you shoukd empty your inbox^^
Posted Image

Schnuckelche

Schnuckelche

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
Wouldn't say a screwed way of advertisement, and being desperate to get plays. More of a sneaky, and clever way, that might work. Worked for LBP(1), but no one noted it works for LBP(2). Make sure you give other's the opportunity to hit the cool pages (or otherwise gather a few plays)! ;)
  • CuriousSack likes this

My Instagram

JessRocks247

JessRocks247

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The design of the level is lovely as is the music, there are so many nooks and crannies to explore and it will be fun playing and finding all the doors each day.
This level deserves way more plays than it has and I hope it gets them soon!!

Merry Christmas to you :)

Posted Image

• Liquid_Blood_ and CuriousSack like this

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 133 posts
Hi Community,

I want to thank all, who have played our calendar so far! Today the section "Day 7-12" will be unlocked at about 6.30pm (UTC+1) ! I'm hoping that you will like it too! We have still a little bug, when trying to enter the levels! There's sometimes the message "level couldn't be loaded" If so please try to load it a second time, then, at least this is my own experience, this bug will disappear!

Have a lot of fun, greetings Jürgen^^
Posted Image

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 133 posts
Hi Community,

today Part 3 (days 13-18) of our Advent calendar will be unlocked at about 7.30 pm (UTC +1) This part is a little bit different to the others,, its an indoor scenery, a Christmas room! And this time the doors cannot be opened simply by standing in front of them! This time you have to activate some switches, which are hidden in the scenery (so you have to look with open eyes! But there is always one hint for each switch, so that you should be able to open the doors and to get the little gifts!)
This part has been a lot of fun to me creating it! My favorite so far^^ I'm hoping that you will enjoy it too!

Happy Advents Season and many greetings from our snowy Bavaria, Jürgen^^
  • Liquid_Blood_ likes this
Posted Image

Idgo

Idgo

hnngg

• Happy Sacks
  • 710 posts
  • LocationThe Broccoli Realm
I love the idea behind this, so much work and effort has obviously benn put into it. However, I can't find any of the stickers other than the first 2 :/ It's probably just my lack of being able to find things :P

It's much better as a mini platformer than just a plain old gallery. Brilliciously amazing!

Posted Image

Epic signature brought to you by Schnuckio! Thanks a bunch!

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 133 posts
@Idgo:

Hi Idgo,

the sticker of the day is always available in both of the "sticker-shops"! These "sticker-shops" are updated each day, so that every day at least one of the two shops has the acrual sticker! (we are two Clan-members to take care always for our own sticker-shops to guarantee that at least one of them has always the newest sticker^^) The actual sticker can open all doors till the actual date, the 24-sticker can open all doors of the calendar!^^ But I will deactivate the sticker-system for the days 1-12, want to proof, whether the problems loading a level, will disappear then! And when on Wednesday the last Scenery will be published (Day 19-24) then I will also deactivate the stickers for day 13-18!^^ I'm hoping that you like our calendar and the gifts in it and wish you a Merry Christmas! Greetings, Jürgen^^
Posted Image

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 133 posts
Hi Community,

its finally done! Today I've unlocked the last part of our Advent Calendar! This time the scenery is a Christmas Town! And as in the part before you again have to find some switches to open the doors! To reach all areas you have to use mainly jump boards! The scenery can be explored freely, I hope you will enjoy it! Christmas is near and we wish you all a wonderful festivity! And in case that the world should really ends on Friday then we'll meet you all on the other side^^ Many greetings and thanks to all who have played our Calendar!^^ CuriousSack for DreamCreators!

Some pictures of days 19-24

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Liquid_Blood_

Liquid_Blood_

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 941 posts
  • LocationThe Orb of Dreams (as the rest of the omniverse calls it)
How did you do the diagonal wooden lines on the buildings in the 1st and 4th picture? Is that a sticker, or just some wafer-thin material? I like your idea of using Jelly for snow.
  • CuriousSack likes this

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 133 posts
Hi Liquid,

the diagonal wooden lines are no stickers, I simply have cut them out and put them in again and changed the material! And the jelly material as snow hasn't been my own idea, its been a friend of mine (dragonforceXIII) who had this idea! And jelly has the fantastic property that you can change its colour and its luminosity so that you can create an illusion of depth! The ground has been made with stone bricks and white coloured semi-transparent stickers!
Now I have time again and next I will play your Paranormal Festivities!^^ Wish you a Merry Chrismas with lots of gifts and joy and fun!^^ Many greetings, Jürgen^^
  • Liquid_Blood_ likes this
Posted Image

Luke_MK_II

Luke_MK_II

Hot Shot Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationGermany
liked the music. design was great and the gameplay was okay. nice level
  • CuriousSack likes this

woy7izad.png

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 133 posts
Hi Luke,

thanks a lot for your friendly comment, tomorrow I will deactivate the sticker system and all doors will be unlocked! I wish you a Merry Christmas and lots of cool gifts!^^ Many greetings, Jürgen
Posted Image

Shaggy Vinci

Shaggy Vinci

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Damn! That looks great! I've already played the first 2 parts of your advent calendar, but this city looks very pretty :) Will love to test it :)
  • CuriousSack likes this

CuriousSack

CuriousSack

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 133 posts
Hi Shaggy,

I'm hoping that you're testing it, in my opinion its the best of the four parts, or is part 3 the best? Probably part2, oh no! Now I know, part1 is the best one! No wrong, its part4, for sure! Or...
I hope that you will tell me what part you liked most^^ Wish you a Merry Christmas!^^ Btw, Santa has brought me a headset! Thats been really cool, Santa, thanks a lot!^^ Since several months my friends have said: Jürgen buy a headset, and I always had to say: "sorry, but my family (especially my wife!^^) doesn't want to communicate via headset with me!" But Santa knows what a real sackie needs most, and so he has fulfilled my wish! Yeah! "Ok, my dear darling, I promise not to wear it in our bed!" Have a wonderful time and hope to meet you soon again, greetings, Jürgen^^
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scenery, platformer, music, giveaways

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox