6 replies to this topic

JackzThaName

JackzThaName

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

• Happy Sacks
  • 2,682 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted Image

Don't know how many of you have heard/played this game, but it's a real gem & definitely worth the price tag of just under £10. An extract from the steam page explaining what Don't Starve exactly is:

"Don’t Starve is an uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic.

You play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.

Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land."

Basically it's a different take on the usual survival-esque gaming genre, at first it can be a tad frustrating without any guidance however you quickly pick it up and it's very enjoyable - I've played it for about 4 hours so far & considering it's only in BETA, I definitely think that this game is going to be great when it gets out of that stage, and worthy of a pick up - also, lots of popular YouTubers have started LPs of it, so you could just search it on YT & see some good gameplay. - Jack

Whofan

Whofan

Back in full color

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,572 posts
  • Locationin front of you, hurting both your eyes and fashion sense.
This sounds incredibly interesting. Thanks for the info and the heads up. Sounds like my kind of game. :)

Liquid_Blood_

Liquid_Blood_

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 941 posts
  • LocationThe Orb of Dreams (as the rest of the omniverse calls it)
As I always say, potentially starving to death is my absolute favourite part of Metal Gear Solid 3 and Minecraft! :P
  • the sexy sack man likes this

the sexy sack man

the sexy sack man

sexy ting yeah

• Moderators
  • 3,336 posts

As I always say, potentially starving to death is my absolute favourite part of Life! :P

And thats why I am terrified of you ;)

Tj4aFhl.png

AwardBannercopy.png

'Staff member of the year'- Stop in the name of the sexy sack man! 
Dr Kandatto said:

"If I give it a twist" Dave Grahl is obviously talking about SSM's Nipples

Alp

Alp

Call me Marc.

• Moderators
  • 6,980 posts
  • LocationDenmark
Werepigs, why werepigs!

6IQn38i.png

Rocket

Rocket

Hot Shot Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationEssex, England
I love the look of this game I will probably get it after Christmas. It's cool that you need to go out and kill rabbits and birds for food and you cant actually make a proper house you just need to make a fire and a robot thing :D

Whofan

Whofan

Back in full color

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,572 posts
  • Locationin front of you, hurting both your eyes and fashion sense.
I don't know... After watching the video all I see is a Minecraft clone with a more whimisical skin and fewer mod and creative avenues. Still looks interesting and may draw a lot more casual gamers than Minecraft does.
  • Liquid_Blood_ likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox