aratiatia

aratiatia

Hot Shot Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationTaupo, New Zealand
F1 Styled Quick Racer!

Hi everyone, this is my first Karting level which I fiddled with on and off for about two weeks. I've mostly published it to get the 10 plays trophy but also to try out working in 3D.

I think it looks nice enough for a first level! It's a short track, three laps, one shortcut, loosely based on a F1-style track with tight corners and long straights.

Have a queue!

Many thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

QPQ:
Tree Top Trouble - amzingflyingpoo
Corkscrew Castle - Pookachoo
  • amazingflyingpoo likes this

sig.png sig.png

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationTX
wow! that looks positively fantastic! wish I had karting now.
  • aratiatia likes this

hd0RJAz.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

Follow me on the Twitter @bioswoop

At the end of the day it's just a game, so chill the ____ out.

amazingflyingpoo

amazingflyingpoo

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,275 posts
First I want to say how much appreciate that you took the time to try out my level and leave feedback! I will be returning the favor very soon and I have queue'd up your level :) I'm looking forward to playing it because your screenshots make the level look great :D

EDIT:

Alrighty, I just finished playing your level for the first time and I am here to give my feedback:

I had a great time with the level. I am glad that I got to read the feedback from TheAdipose first because I kept my eyes open for the things that he mentioned (which were some of the best aspects) and I might have missed them otherwise. I really liked the light shining down through the top of the track at the point where that happens, I like the lights that flash in a circle on the left hand side of the track, and I like the way you decorated everything.

I also liked the design of the track. The big turn to the left followed by an immediate big turn to the right was a lot of fun. Also, I agree with TheAdipose that your secret passage was really good! I like how it felt like a secret even while you were on it :)

I do have one complaint though. When you give out the weapon at one point you give everyone the triple stun rockets and that got really old by the second lap and really, really old by the third. On the first I got hit by it a few times and didn't think much of it. On the second lap when the same thing happened I realized there was a problem, and on the final lap I believe I got hit by it 4 times and blocked it once. I certainly don't mind a triple stun rocket here and there, but giving it to everyone on every lap may be a bit excessive and it is a bit annoying. I don't know if it is something worth republishing for in order to change, but I would certainly avoid that on future tracks.

Overall this is an excellent track and I thoroughly enjoyed it. You had some original ideas (or at least I had not seen them before) with how you designed the environment and you shortcut so I applaud you for that.

I'm looking forward to your next level!
  • aratiatia likes this

PMPawesomesaucesig2.png

Pocket Moon Podcast:PAX Prime 2013 Special Episode on
Soundcloud : iTunes : ">Direct Download : RSS Feed

Follow me on Twitter @amazingflyingpo

aratiatia

aratiatia

Hot Shot Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationTaupo, New Zealand
Thanks amazing. Yeah, I wondered about the rockets. Now I've got the trophy for ten plays I can republish and will definitely sort out the weapons.

Thanks for your review, good to hear your thoughts. I'll try and get on tonight, might see you there!
  • amazingflyingpoo likes this

sig.png sig.png

anarchowolf

anarchowolf

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Again I really enjoyed this track. It's simple, but not boring. And really gave me a flash-back feel. I would say maybe indicate the shortcut somehow, just so it's a small bit easier to notice.
  • aratiatia likes this
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Karting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox