amazingflyingpoo

amazingflyingpoo

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,275 posts

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Episode 32 - Gosh darned sailors

gdn001 joins the podcast and adds South America to the list of continents that we have had guests from on the show. Along with gdn001 comes our returning guest, and happy Wii U owner, xkappax! On this episode you'll hear us chat about very important topics like bacon, font mishaps, Minecraft, and eating dessert in a sewer. Critical mass achieved!

And as requested, here are timestamps so that you can skip to specific parts of the podcast if you want to:

-- Timeline info --

Overall podcast length: 106 minutes

News: 10:15
Forum Soup: 42: 35
The Good, The Bad, and the Pathetic: 1:00:55
Community Creations: 1:09:10
Q and A: 1:22:00

Here are links to all the things that we chat about:

LBPK on sale for $25 at Target in NA on Black Friday

LittleBigPlanet.com gets a new look

LBPV update 1.04 addresses loading issue

Gravity Rush costume pack

LBPC community spotlight episode 98

LBPC creator spotlight 31 - Mnniska

The Rise of Sackboy article on Eurogamer (posted on LBPC by Slaeden-bob)

Sackfist has started LittleBigAsteroid.com

Ghost Creators first interview - Sabre

LBPC under new administration

Weekly Planetarium Edition 40 is out

LBP Hub is now pushing news to way over 3,000 people :D

Tyler's video playthrough of LBPK story mode (including commentary!)

The Massive Collaboration Song added to LittleBigAudio as song #1,000!!!!!1111one

LittleSigPlanet adds LBPK

LittleBigSites has re-launched

Pocket Moon Podcast Wiki page

• Smurfetta5683 likes this

PMPawesomesaucesig2.png

Pocket Moon Podcast:PAX Prime 2013 Special Episode on
Soundcloud : iTunes : ">Direct Download : RSS Feed

Follow me on Twitter @amazingflyingpo

Karpethead (Shade_seeker)

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 544 posts
  • LocationUk
Woohoo, ANOTHER ONE! I don't have a long car journey home this week, but will try to listen to it in 'bits' over the week :)
  • amazingflyingpoo likes this
LATEST LEVELS:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

........................................................ (MM picked woohoo!!)............................................

amazingflyingpoo

amazingflyingpoo

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,275 posts
Excellent! Hope you enjoy this one :D

PMPawesomesaucesig2.png

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,144 posts
LBN picks #10? LBPFC2?
  • b-coli, amazingflyingpoo and Liquid_Blood_ like this

Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

(omg) http://lbp.me/u/EnochRoot/levels :

xerorogue

xerorogue

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 3,072 posts
  • LocationTX
Alright! downloading!

VZ85s9g.png

4CwzOsj.png86IDVYo.png

Follow me on the Twitter @bioswoop

At the end of the day it's just a game, so chill the ____ out.

Smurfetta5683

Smurfetta5683

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,070 posts

LBN picks #10? LBPFC2?

What a bunch of slackers eh???? :P

Just teasin ya. I can't wait to listen to this :D

SMURFETTASIGsmaller-1.png

amazingflyingpoo

amazingflyingpoo

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,275 posts

LBN picks #10? LBPFC2?

What a bunch of slackers eh???? :P

Just teasin ya. I can't wait to listen to this :D

Uh-oh! Sorry about missing all of that. I just contacted b-coli yesterday and asked him to remind me whenever there is a new LBN Picks. I actually was asking him so that I could push about it in LBP Hub, but if we push about it there then we will most likely talk about it on the podcast. Turns out that I completely missed the recent LBN Picks until seeing it on the Weekly Planetarium yesterday because of all the craziness of the Thanksgiving holiday :( Sorry about that.

Trust me, I would love to talk about every news item and push about all news with the app, it's just sometimes hard to stay on top of everything.
  • b-coli likes this

PMPawesomesaucesig2.png

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,152 posts

LBN picks #10? LBPFC2?

yeah kinda slacked :( been too busy juggling interviews and phone calls about said interviews. :(

Posted Image

Trindall

Trindall

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 933 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon
I’ve never been a fan of either floppy bacon or brittle bacon. It’s got to be in the middle of the two, juicy and firm. I even like to cut off the fat and fry that up until it is a satisfying crispy chunk of pure goodness. I think that ultra-crispy bacon just sounds too dried out for my taste and floppy bacon just sounds too oil-laden.

Earlier this year I made the Bacon Explosion which has bacon inside and outside. (My take: Good. But next time I need to make it without the sausage and with more bacon, or succulent pork on the inside.) This could be a good medium for the two camps, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

-----

I play a lot of Minecraft as well and notice that there are quite a bit of LBP fans who get attracted to it. Minecraft is basically just a 3D Lego set where you can run around and assemble or re-assemble the whole world in whatever shape you want using blocks of many types. From an LBP perspective it is like making a level for some people but in a first-person perspective.

In LBP I can work on a single level or project for about 2 months before completing it while in Minecraft I can work for 4 – 8 hours and finish building some type of structure project that I designed. You still get the creative outlet but the payoff is much faster and the game still has a similar online, community, interactive element.

Besides building you can always just walk around and explore, spelunk in massive caves, grow food, participate in profession style crafting, fight mobs and so on. You can play the game for free in your browser just to see if it is any fun. You can play single or multiplayer and do everything in the game but I think the demo only lets you play for five in-game days, about 90 minutes, before it locks down the blocks preventing you from creating further per world you create. (Though you can reset or create as many worlds as you like. Paid version can also be played from a standalone client, play worlds indefinitely and costs about US$ 26. )

Yes the graphics are blocky and intentionally 32 bit type in design but this is all just part of the whole look of the game. Same with Lego blocks, they aren’t the shiniest, most space age looking things but they are still fun to build with.

-----

The would-you-rather question is a step back to the traditional flavor with the sewer+food versus yucky-food scenario. I agree with the general consensus and would go with the pound of maggots, or worms, or whichever grubby type thing it was. Firstly anyone who ate their favorite food while wading in raw sewage would forever ruin that favorite food for themselves.

Every time you think or see that food you’d be immediately reminded of the over-powering smell and the icy chill of the muck. You’d never taste the sweet, sweet favorite food again and that is a pretty big thing.

Besides like others said, I don’t think that the method was limited on how you could prepare the pound of maggots. With the right sauces or cooking methods, as long as cooking was allowed, you could make those maggots downright tasty. All you really need to do is fool your sense of smell and sight and it’d not be hard at all.

-----

I’m a big fan of spicy food as well though it tends to go towards the Indian/Korean style of spicy rather than the South American style of spicy. It is something that I was never into while I was younger but I’ve really gotten into as I’ve grown up. Spicy curry, udon, ramen, soup, pizza, kimchi, soon-dofu and so on. Great stuff

-----

Having gdn001 was fun as he really is just a regular community member rather than one of these high-flying, wildly popular community types. –cough-xkappax–cough- (No offense intended to gdn001.)

xkappax really is a great guest to have on, clear-spoken and humourous. I still think that it won’t be too long before we have people like xkappax, weirdybeardy and company put together Pocket Moon Podcast the musical. You could take this all further with Pocket Moon Podcast the swimsuit edition starring Biorogue and Razpacho.

Just putting those thoughts out there. It is all about monetizing your commodities. Merchandising, merchandising, merchandising.

-----

I didn’t actually send a congratulations to you Tom, aka Taffey, but congratulations on taking the help on this forum. It isn’t surprising and it is a great surprise.

Congratulations on the burgeoning success of LittleBigHub John, aka Amazingayingpoo. I think that the app user-base will keep growing and growing because it really does add some useful functionality and convenience.

On the LittleBigHub side of things, has anyone gotten to the point where you can pretty much correctly guess who posts the push notifications based on which SFX is used? I’m sure I’m wrong more often than not but it is a fun distractor trying-to-place-the-poster-just-from-the-noise-that-comes-out-of-my-pocket-during-meetings-at-work-when-I don’t-have-the-time-to-pull-it-out-to-see-what-the-actual-push-content-is.

-----

The wiki entries look great and it is fun to see that Mnniska, xkappax and Razpacho are all tied for the most appearances on the show at four times each followed by jeffcu28 and ConfusedKartman at three times each.

Keep up the good work.
  • amazingflyingpoo and Karpethead (Shade_seeker) like this

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,152 posts
ok finally able to listen:

i think there is a happy medium, between floppy and touch and shatter bacon... i am just happy to be able to eat bacon!

haha, nachos with doritos... whatever, thats so 2 decades ago.... in Jr High i used to come home and make nachos with a layer of doritos, then a layer of shredded cheddar cheese, then a layer of cheetos, a layer of shredded cheddar, a layer of cheese-its, then a layer of shredded cheddar, one my layer of doritos with shredded cheddar on top, and a few random cheetos sprinkled on top for good measure... then i would microwave it and chow down!!!! maybe this may be one reason i am lactose intolerant now a days :-( see if Kappa can top THAT! :Dp:

that pet commercial from GTA3 was awesome :D

i thought the head start pack unlocked everything , but then found out that it only unlocks some stuff towards the end. i might have to pick up the unlock thing in the store if it does unlock everything.... i am with you taffey ;-)

i stay away from Minecraft cause it seems like a life sucker, just watching friends who play it. i got the free version on my iphone, but thats it. we have a whole forum section just for Minecraft here on LBN.

hahaha that is so funny Poo, i am the same way, i went to target at 12:10am on thanksgiving night, since they opened up at 9pm on turkey day... i had to see what it was like, walked through, it was pretty normal , like a regular saturday or whatever, but didn't find one thing i wanted so just walked out empty handed 10 minutes into black friday :D hahaha

a lot of that DLC for PSP came free with the creators edition overseas... at least thats what i read...

i HATE the playstation store.. the layout sucks, the sounds suck, its harder to locate new releases, so therefore i am missing things i would discover and end up buying, they are losing money, but i guess on the up side, i am saving money cause i can't find a dang thing i am looking for in the PSN store anymore. plus, how many freaking times to i have to confirm when i try and buy something?!?!?!?!?! like 6 or 7.... used to be 2, maybe 3 and i was done, now it takes me through a series of stupid questions asking if i want to confirm... so freaking annoying, guess i will just buy stuff on front page and all DLC from in game from now on... mind you, i do not like using the word hate, and try not to and will usually force myself to say dislike or strongly disagree with, but i can truly say, i HATE the new PSN store... :@@@

oh and you have Playstation Plus but do not have a Vita, still go in and put them in your cart and "purchase" them so when / if you DO get a vita eventually, you will have it in your download list to be abel to download, even if it is no longer free for plus members ;-) neat little trick ;-)

i heard bout this new administration thing going on over at LBPC... what the heck is going on over there, thats 3 different ones in how many months now? :Dp: wish you the best there buddy!

quote of the year..... "minecraft's music just doesn't cut it." :Dp:
if you guys really wanna get a feel for it, try the free app on iphone, it is a basic create mode on it. but remember you need to trust the people on your server too, because they can sabotage your stuff in minecraft when you are gone... the iphone version is completely isolated, at least the demo is. ;-)

back on the bacon... haha ok if you ever do get a dehydrator, buy the thinnest cut meat to marinate to make jerky cause it gets crispy like that quick when drying. ;-)

next LBP games:
LittleBigPlanet flight simulator!!!!!!
LBPStar Wars!!!!!
LBPChess!!!!
LBPMiniGolf!!!
LBP3D(sandbox)
LBPFPS (think Sackzone) :Evillaugh:

tootsie rolls are awesome!!!! and tootsie pops are awesome!!!! :@@ the vanilla ones are the best.
poor poor hostess, i saw that 3 boxes of twinkies sold on e-bay for $320 the weekend after it all went down... i still have a zinger i am hanging on to for a special occasion, maybe to put on e-bay so i can pay off the house i wanna buy :Dp:

if i can wear rubber chest waders, i would go for dessert !!
hahaha organic maggots... hahaha
to get past the infection... how bout wearing rubber underwear at least... you could jump in, slam your food down in one quick bite and get out and hose off fast...
if you can't have chest waders, you can't have flavored maggots.... thats cheating either way... :@@@

another great podcast guys :-)
look forward to the next one!
  • amazingflyingpoo and Karpethead (Shade_seeker) like this

Posted Image

amazingflyingpoo

amazingflyingpoo

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,275 posts
@Trindall: Wow, that Bacon Explosion looks incredible. I had never heard of that before but now I NEED it! And I probably prefer my bacon more like you described than super floppy. I am must not a fan of ultra dry and burnt bacon.

I didn't realize that you played Minecraft Trindall! I guess I have no idea who does and doesn't play though :P Thanks for the description. I sort of imagined it being like lego's though I also imagined it being a bigger hassle to create anything than it is in LBP, and I guess I was wrong about that. I imagined that you need to define all sorts of properties for everything that you create in the game, but perhaps I was a bit off in thinking that ;)

For the maggot discussion, I was under the impression that the maggots had to be alive, but I could be wrong about that. I do think it is ok to marinate them as long as they are still alive when you eat them. If they can be killed and prepared however you want then I agree that with a bit of work they could actually turn out good :)

I'm not sure why, but just in the last few weeks I have begun to really want spicy food :P I have always been a fan of certain spicy things, but now I want everything to be spicy. Not sure what happened there.

gdn001 was a great guest and he has a good sense of humor. I had never even talked to him on the forums before he was on the podcast so it was a nice twist to meet someone for the first time while recording.

As for xkappax, she is an excellent repeat guest! She really understands the dynamics of the podcast so she fits in perfectly :) And as for the swimsuite edition, perhaps we can get people to pay us not to do that ;)

Thanks for the congrats on LBP Hub!

@b-coli: Wow! That nacho monstrosity sounds amazing! Whenever we finally meet I may need you to make that for me :)

I just played through the final 3 or 4 worlds of LBP Karting last night (had a bit of a marathon karting session) and it wasn't until last night that I realized that all of the head start pack items were from the final worlds. I think I might have preferred if the items had been drawn from each of the worlds so I still had things to collect in each... well... what I would REALLY prefer is that they actually gave us all of the items with the head start pack instead of just 40 to 50% of them.

LOL! It's good to hear that I am not the only person who enjoys the chaos of Black Friday. This year we had a few meetings on Thanksgiving to figure out exactly how we were going to tackle the situation since we needed to be at two different stores. I think that this was one of my very favorite black fridays since I bought so many games (I have a friend who owns a used media store, and he wanted me to pick up some games for him so I ended up buying maybe 20 games which was fun).

Mrs. Poo is also a big fan of Tootsie Rolls. I just don't understand them :P I much prefer Blow Pops over Tootsie Pops.

Over Thanskgiving weekend I heard a radio station giving away Twinkies as their big prize. It wasn't until then that I realized that people were going a bit crazy over this.

Thanks for the feedback!
  • b-coli likes this

PMPawesomesaucesig2.png

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 544 posts
  • LocationUk
Ok, like B I finally got around to listening to this ,once again on a car journey, and I gotta say I'm really enjoying these now :) I doubt I would ever put two hours of my life aside to specifically listen to them, but for long car journeys or comuting it's fantastic!

K, soooo what is black Friday??
Twinkies.... I'm assuming the company has gone out of business? Tried them once, god awful fake tasting gloop with no texture :)

Bacon: CRISPY!!! (ever tried deep frying it?)

Mine craft: went around a friends the other week who's got hooked on it, so much so he's starte up his own server for him and his friends. I sat for three quarter o an hour asking as many questions as possible about 'what it's all about'.......I think I get the idea now, but I still don't get the idea, not creatie enough for me, so wish lbp was as popular as mine craft!!! (hiding by how many videos there are of mine craft everyday on YouTube I'm taking a rough guess that it's way more Apealing??

Loved the two guests esp' xkappex, darn funny girl and dare I say it???......she has a very sexy voice :)

Think I maybe pregnant, ....I keep wondering what deep fried Cajun maggots would taste like, though pleased to say I don't want to eat apple pie while standing in poop :)

Congrats on a very entertaining podcast once again, just a reminder, I would love to be a guest at some point.

Keep up the good work, when's the next due out?
  • b-coli likes this
LATEST LEVELS:

........................................................ (MM picked woohoo!!)............................................

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,152 posts

@b-coli: Wow! That nacho monstrosity sounds amazing! Whenever we finally meet I may need you to make that for me :)

Mrs. Poo is also a big fan of Tootsie Rolls. I just don't understand them :P I much prefer Blow Pops over Tootsie Pops.

ok, well you may want to reconsider the cheese explosion, word of advice, not as good coming up as it was going down but i finally got the ratios right with trial and error ;) :D

blow pops are an abomination, who wants shards of lollipop in their gum? and the quality of that gum isn't the best either ;)

my friends bar here in seattle sells Deep Fried Bacon. you get 4 strips that have been battered and fried and it comes with a side of gravy to dip into... i still have not tried them... always wanted to though, just not THAT eager for a heart attack ;)

Posted Image

Taffey

Taffey

Awesome Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 54 posts

i think there is a happy medium, between floppy and touch and shatter bacon... i am just happy to be able to eat bacon!

I can't really argue with that I suppose. As long as their are no soggy pieces of actual fat, I'm ok with it. ;)

haha, nachos with doritos... whatever, thats so 2 decades ago.... in Jr High i used to come home and make nachos with a layer of doritos, then a layer of shredded cheddar cheese, then a layer of cheetos, a layer of shredded cheddar, a layer of cheese-its, then a layer of shredded cheddar, one my layer of doritos with shredded cheddar on top, and a few random cheetos sprinkled on top for good measure... then i would microwave it and chow down!!!!

I'm in love. :P

i thought the head start pack unlocked everything , but then found out that it only unlocks some stuff towards the end. i might have to pick up the unlock thing in the store if it does unlock everything.... i am with you taffey ;-)

Yep, I'm glad I got it. I can confirm that it does indeed unlock all the objects. After clearing out a few remaining pesky 1st place finishes I got all the varous "star" related trophies.

a lot of that DLC for PSP came free with the creators edition overseas... at least thats what i read...

Yes, that's correct. From what I recall, the collector's edition unlocked ALL of the "LBP1" packs from day 1, while everyone else had to wait for the packs to release. Sony got a lot of my money that way - I bought every single DLC pack for LBP PSP with no exceptions.

i HATE the playstation store.. the layout sucks, the sounds suck, its harder to locate new releases, so therefore i am missing things i would discover and end up buying, they are losing money, but i guess on the up side, i am saving money cause i can't find a dang thing i am looking for in the PSN store anymore. plus, how many freaking times to i have to confirm when i try and buy something?!?!?!?!?! like 6 or 7.... used to be 2, maybe 3 and i was done, now it takes me through a series of stupid questions asking if i want to confirm... so freaking annoying, guess i will just buy stuff on front page and all DLC from in game from now on... mind you, i do not like using the word hate, and try not to and will usually force myself to say dislike or strongly disagree with, but i can truly say, i HATE the new PSN store... :@@@

LOL I am gradually approaching your point of view on this one. I mostly use the Vita version of the PSN store, and when I hop on the PS3 I'm all UGH. ;)

oh and you have Playstation Plus but do not have a Vita, still go in and put them in your cart and "purchase" them so when / if you DO get a vita eventually, you will have it in your download list to be abel to download, even if it is no longer free for plus members ;-) neat little trick ;-)

Yes, very nice little trick there. Same goes if you don't have room on your memory card. Just get those titles on your download list and you'll be good to go indefinitely.

i heard bout this new administration thing going on over at LBPC... what the heck is going on over there, thats 3 different ones in how many months now? :Dp: wish you the best there buddy!

Thanks b! I'm bringing sexy back. :P

tootsie rolls are awesome!!!! and tootsie pops are awesome!!!! :@@ the vanilla ones are the best.
poor poor hostess, i saw that 3 boxes of twinkies sold on e-bay for $320 the weekend after it all went down... i still have a zinger i am hanging on to for a special occasion, maybe to put on e-bay so i can pay off the house i wanna buy :Dp:

It's funny. A month ago I couldn't have really cared less for a Twinkie. Someone here at the office has a drawer full of the things and most of the time I just pass when offered one. Now they're the most incredible and yummy things that ever existed and I can't wait to savor my next one. It's all about rarity I suppose. ;)

another great podcast guys :-)
look forward to the next one!

Thanks b! So when are we going to have you on next? A weekend sometime? :D

Well! It appears I have borked the forum code. Too many quotes it tells me - time for a double post! *ducks flying fists of moderating fury*
  • b-coli likes this

PMPawesomesaucesig3.png
Pocket Moon Podcast Episode 39 on
Soundcloud : iTunes : Direct Download : RSS Feed

Follow me on Twitter @tross13

Xenomooch and Space Corps: ReVITAlized, now playing on a Vita near you.

My PSP Levels
The Space Corps Series -- The Star Bores Saga -- The Interwebs

Taffey

Taffey

Awesome Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 54 posts
Apologies for the double post - I can't fit all this awesome into a single post. :P

Ok, like B I finally got around to listening to this ,once again on a car journey, and I gotta say I'm really enjoying these now :) I doubt I would ever put two hours of my life aside to specifically listen to them, but for long car journeys or comuting it's fantastic!

Shade_seeker!!!111one OMGZ How are ya?? :D

K, soooo what is black Friday??

It's the day after the US Thanksgiving holiday where everyone inexplicably decides to go out shopping on the very same day, getting into fights and trampling one another to save 5% on underpants and year-old expired Diet Coke. I will never understand it.

Twinkies.... I'm assuming the company has gone out of business? Tried them once, god awful fake tasting gloop with no texture :)

That statement is completely untrue. Not only do Twinkies have texture (not unlike eating toilet paper) and leave a waxy film on the roof of your mouth similar to what it might be like if you chewed on a candle. :P

(Hmm, perhaps you should make a "Carob Bean" style level that reveals the true origins of Twinkies?)

No, but I will be soon. Sounds amazing!

Congrats on a very entertaining podcast once again

Thanks for listening, and it's great to hear from you!

just a reminder, I would love to be a guest at some point.

That most certainly will be arranged, and soon. Are you by chance on Twitter? ;)

Keep up the good work, when's the next due out?

Probably sometime tomorrow (Wednesday), just to space things out a little and give episode 32 a little more time to be listened to. :)
  • b-coli and Karpethead (Shade_seeker) like this

PMPawesomesaucesig3.png
Pocket Moon Podcast Episode 39 on
Soundcloud : iTunes : Direct Download : RSS Feed

Follow me on Twitter @tross13

Xenomooch and Space Corps: ReVITAlized, now playing on a Vita near you.

My PSP Levels
The Space Corps Series -- The Star Bores Saga -- The Interwebs

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 544 posts
  • LocationUk
Taffy!!!!!!! Howdddlydoodie :) glad you remember me :) yep, STILL hooked on lbp, have to delete old levels now ever time I publish a new one!! Hope you check them out at some point :)
Nah, I don't do tweeter or face poop, contemplated it just for your page ....but I don't want to fall into that trap, I have enough trouble keeping up with this forum from day to day :)

So, for the pod cast..... How is it done? Do you fly me out first class to America and wine and fine me for a week?....or do have have to download Skype? :)
I don't have a comp at the moment, can it be done via the ps3??

All the best mate, stay in touch :)
LATEST LEVELS:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gdn001, xkappax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox