* * * * * 1 votes

I am sure this has been discussed before, but..

latin player spam cool pages

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Christiandadrum

Christiandadrum

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I am getting absolutely SICK of this 'latin player' and his alias' (all, or most, of these 'players' are the same person).
I have actually had the displeasure of meeting him on two separate occasions, and in actuality, the guy seemed like a decent kid, aside from what it is he is doing.
I asked him why he is doing what he is doing, and all he had to say for himself was that he finds it 'fun', and had become 'obsessed'?? with doing it...
Now, I don't really care what kind of mental issues this kid has, it's really not any of my concern - however, if he's going to deliberately carry on doing what he is doing for the sole purpose of ruining it for everybody else - then we have a problem.
I've contacted MM - twice - about this. No reply (who'd have thought it..)
I don't think taking away the 'copy' option would be any good, as this would be simply ruining a useful feature for everybody else, and shouldn't be allowed to be destroyed just because one individual is abusing it.
No, what I think is needed is a few active moderators on the game, who are on for most of the day, and will subjectively seek out people who are blatantly abusing the cool pages, delete the levels, and give them a warning or if needs be a ban...
I was prepared to ignore all this stuff at first, because I thought maybe it would only last a couple of weeks...but it's gone on for months now and it's gone so far as to the extent of ruining everybody's online experience - and that cannot be allowed to happen, and shouldn't be allowed to happen.
Rant over..
  • Ryumera likes this
Posted Image

Karpethead (Shade_seeker)

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 544 posts
  • LocationUk
Nice rant :) I doubt there's any one will disagree with the fact it's not fare, right, or should be allowed to happen, but I really do think MM doesn't give a toss about any of our issues anymore. Lbp continues to earn them a MASSIVE income, they have no interest in their fans, it's all about the money money! All this has been said and ranted about already, but I'm sure I won't be the only one to offer their penny's worth :)
LATEST LEVELS:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

........................................................ (MM picked woohoo!!)............................................

Christiandadrum

Christiandadrum

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Yes I figured this has most likely been talked about before. So that there was just my own rant to add to the equation! The guy is, to put simply, a tool. He seems to think himself some kind of fantastic 'troll' - but in reality, the kid is just showing everyone how much of a loser he is! You must REALLY have one hell of a dull life if all you have to do day in day out is publish the same copied stuff...in fact all we should really feel for him is pitty. But at the same time, something has to be done about the problems he is causing, because at the end of the day he is still ruining it for the rest of us. Spiteful little toe rag. Very, very disappointed and let down by the LBP moderators who won't look into the issue.
  • Ryumera likes this
Posted Image

Schnuckelche

Schnuckelche

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
Yes it has been long established that this copy button abuse is just making our gaming experience much worse. The best thing that each player there can do, is visit the MM picks, and avoid visiting the cool pages. Unless you want to perhaps.
And like karpethead mentioned, its all about money. Abusing that button ruins your individual reputation, and shows that you lack utter creativity. So it goes mainly on the persons reputation, and there fore you will find him - Infamous now. Talking to him won't solve anything, he'll continue making sympathy related levels to shut you up for a moment, and continue doing what he likes to do.

LBP moderators serve the purpose of only handling things that are - offensive, inappropriate, mature, etc. Handing a copy button abuser is not even on their minds. Unlike here in LBN where the mods handle everything, they are assigned specific fractions that could use moderation and nothing more.

Dont let your anger and disappointment overcome you dude, your not the child in this case. ;)

My Instagram

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 10,988 posts
I wish I could say things have improved but ever since Stephanie Ravens, Clay, X3 etc wrecked the LBP1 experience things haven't got any better. The SONY moderators have been pretty incompetent and ineffective. It would be interesting to see how much resource (man hours/money) they put into this side of things when you consider the months of effort some folks put into their creations?
The urge to keep participating in these negative behaviours shows a real desire for attention probably indicitive of some psychological yearning. When b-coli or I log into the LBN_PICKS we have waves of invites, friend requests and messages..imagine the effect of that on a somewhat immature mind? And once they start to indulge in this behaviour it's hard to stop the attention fix....they're hooked and continue regardless of the misery they cause all around them by their self centre ego feeding habit..and when all the decent creators have finally given up they'll still be at it but deep down inside they know they haven't the talent, imagination or creativity to produce anything of substance.
  • Schnuckelche and Latin_Player_10 like this

Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

(omg) http://lbp.me/u/EnochRoot/levels :'(

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 544 posts
  • LocationUk
Imagine a world where a percentage of the money made from the over priced costume packs was used to constantly upgrade refine and improve the amazing software that is lbp! Giving all the thousands of die hard fans a reason to keep creating and playing rather than getting so disalusioned they leave!.............. There's a thought, a company that cares more about its fans than its bank balance :)
  • EnochRoot, b-coli and Schnuckelche like this
LATEST LEVELS:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

........................................................ (MM picked woohoo!!)............................................

Christiandadrum

Christiandadrum

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I suggest it would be useful though to have mods, like on this forum, to run the game. It would clean the whole game up. And it wouldn't even be that hard to do...just get a few trusted players to do the work even. And I know what you're saying about the MM picks but, then that means good levels that don't get MM picked get overlooked. Not every good level gets picked. In fact i've almost completed a new horror i've been working on for months now. The thought that it would only get a couple of hours on the cool pages angers me, just because this little cretin needs his 'attention fix'. Pathetic really. I actually can't stand the invites and requests, personally. I turn the messages off when I create a new level because they clog the inbox and are just generally annoying. I think you're right...he probably does it for that reason alone...to feel 'noticed' in this online world, because he probably goes completely unnoticed in real life. How sad. But at the same time, it shouldn't be allowed to ruin everyone elses experience.
Posted Image

Idgo

Idgo

hnngg

• Happy Sacks
  • 710 posts
  • LocationThe Broccoli Realm
I completely agree with you, but the main problem now is the brain dead wannabes that have copied the ccopyer, eg MrSouthSide. Also those idiots who play the levels in the first place - leaving a bad review won't stop it, he gets millions everyday, so why bother? All it does is make the level 1 little step closer to the cool pages.

Like Zyyad said, use Mm Picks or Highest Rated. See the levels your favourite creators hearted or gave a good review on, that's helped me a lot. If everyone were to STOP PLAYING COPIED LEVELS just to hate on them, the community would be fixed. But it's the haters to blame - the copiers only care of the fame, not the quality of the levels, and another play is just another benefit to them.

I personally think for the filter options, you could also filter certain creators so anything that comes under "Latin" would be blocked.
  • Schnuckelche likes this

Posted Image

Epic signature brought to you by Schnuckio! Thanks a bunch!

Christiandadrum

Christiandadrum

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Good idea also with the filters, there. That could work also. And I am pretty sure this 'southside' is just another one of Latin's many accounts. I don't even think he has any wannabe's...I think it literally all might just be this one person under different accounts (would you put it past him? this is ONE sad kid we are talking about here).
And it's true, but these are kids we are talking about. They don't understand what latin is doing...they will play anything on the cool pages, so he will always be able to continue doing what he is doing, so long as there are kids on the game. Another good way to stop this would be to somehow block his PS3s IP address from getting onto the cool pages, if that's even possible, they should make it possible. 'Cool pages' bans. That would work. It would literally destroy him if he couldn't carry on getting the attention he is getting...deserves everything that is coming to him
Posted Image

RoDRiGo-FiLiPiNo

RoDRiGo-FiLiPiNo

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I think LP10 and his clones are killing their time dramatically. So much can be done with LBP2! Systematic Copying and REPUBLISHING is so unproductive! I just can't believe at how consistent and delibirate they have been! I haven't been online on my PS3 for months, and I just came back to see the cool pages, and it was still the SAME!!! I don't think Mm's moderators, or anyone in the staff wants to help or fix any of the problems that most of us face. Technically they're hob has been done, and they're letting the franchise go.

I think the only way to change the playing field and turn the tide is from within the community. ALL of us who create games spend a good amount of time and effort, yet we barely get any recognition or plays. I think we should try to overload the system by deleting the levels that we have (Just 1, or 1 of your latest levels that didn't get the love), and publish and play each other's levels in succession during the same hours.

When I publish my own games, I tell my friends about it first before publishing, and then I advertise it on fansites like this and post it on twitter. Could you imagine if 10, 100, 1000 people did this at around the same time? We would ambush the servers and get to at least the 2nd page within a few minutes. I know this works for me, because I've done this with my last 3 Mm picks, and its gotten my levels up to the 2nd page, if not, higher within a few hours. I've had this idea for awhile, but I have not managed to get enough likeminded people to actually help me with this cause.

I think we should try to form a group or something and have a set time to publish our levels. We can only publish 1 level per person, so that the playing field will be even for everyone else. I dont know any alternatives to revamp the cool pages and fix it, but this could work for awhile. The only problem is getting people to join, and staying consistent.

sig.png

Playing LBP Since 2008

Ryumera

Ryumera

The One and Only

• Moderators
  • 2,225 posts
  • LocationUSA
The bottom line is a very simple answer that Moderators would probably wouldn't give a damn about anyway, remove the copy button. As well as possibly ban any further Latin Clones.

Its as simple as that, im sure things would change, but they would be without a doubt for the better. LBP is a E rated game and attracts people of all ages, and with that... immaturity is sure to follow. With immaturity comes irresponsibility and in LBP terms it can mean a number of things whether copy button abuse, H4H, Spamming, etc.

Schnuckelche

Schnuckelche

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

The bottom line is a very simple answer that Moderators would probably wouldn't give a damn about anyway, remove the copy button. As well as possibly ban any further Latin Clones.

Its as simple as that, im sure things would change, but they would be without a doubt for the better. LBP is a E rated game and attracts people of all ages, and with that... immaturity is sure to follow. With immaturity comes irresponsibility and in LBP terms it can mean a number of things whether copy button abuse, H4H, Spamming, etc.

Moderators don't have the ability to practically just, ban any further of his accounts. MM, or whom ever established the Copy Button, made their decision. It is partially them to blame, and also Latin to blame for abusing it. They should make a filter dividing this rubbish, with all other levels being worked on. Yes the divisiveness can be offensive, but so can copying, and republishing someone's work.
I don't think mods on LBP have the ability to even ban. Moderators on LBP, remove reported content, moderate profiles and such. Official moderators for PSN ban accounts, and make these bigger attempts. They handle all of the reports from moderators in each game and make all the decisions. Having moderators in LBP, and PSN would be a tad bit busy. I think that they would be smart enough to have moderators in individual games, and moderators whom handle all the bigger deals.

I honestly don't think MM has any control over this. My suggestion is, play levels which are trending, the LBN picks, along with the other picks from the other sites. And MM picks, of course. Unless you want to scroll down the cool pages to find a decent level. It will avoid any one from being pissed off about the fact that cool pages, are literally junk pages.

My Instagram

thi766

thi766

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Interesting thread :) I had an idea a long time ago on how to fix the community problems but i never really expressed it. I thought this would be a good time to share it, so i would like to hear your thoughts on it.

My idea is based on updating the cool pages system, so that plays and hearts matter very little, or even not at all as a criteria to be on the cool pages. Instead, the determinating criteria for the levels who get there would be the ratio between heart and plays. Let me explain :
The cool pages are infested with spam and copies because the system allows them to get there, even though there are essential differences between the spam levels and the good level's statistics. The most important difference between them would be (and this would be the key) : the heart/play ratio. For example, let us look at one of the current "popular" levels by Mr. Latin Player :

"LittleBig Fun Shark Survival"

Plays : 2990 Hearts: 187

As you can see, only 5% of the people who played it hearted it!! (these 5% can be explained by kids and newbies). But despite that, it's still on top of the cool levels . Now if we compare it to one of the few non-spam level on the cool pages (this one happens to be on top right now, above the latin player stuff) , we'll see that the ratio is already notably higher (note that i'm not advertising lol, im just chosing a random level as an example:) :

MiNiCRAFT ™ Server 0.1 (BETA)

Plays : 6096 Hearts : 1062

The heart ratio is here is about 16%. The fact that it managed to go above the latin levels show that MM did put effort into making the heart/play ratio an important criteria, but in my opinion they still didn't make it an important enough criteria.
Lastly let us see the statistics of one of those many underplayed levels out there that did not even get to the cool pages, but i my opinion should have:

EPITAPH - Prologue

Plays: 718 Hearts: 328

As you can see, the ratio on Epitath is at almost 50% :o

If MM would take the care to update the system of the cool pages just a tiny bit by changing a few codes, i think there would easily be a decrease of spam and good levels would have already an infinitely better chance at getting recognised. Right now, the importance of the heart/play ratio may be determinative, but still secondary. I think we need a system where the ratio is the absolute and primary criteria.

.. What do you guys think? I don't think that my idea is perfect, but if you agree to it feel free to add to it or to point out possible logic flaws. I just want the same thing that all of you guys, wich is to improve the LBP experience.. And if it's a good idea, maybe we should get MM to notice it.

-thi
  • Ryumera, goranilic and Alpha like this

Posted Image

FoX_EyE

FoX_EyE

:)

• Honoured Sacks
  • 4,148 posts
Bah just kill off the cool pages, and make a random dive in option for levels (didnt they have this in LBP1? cant remember.) And make it so that the random option starts with the least played levels... Now i know you would probably get a lot of bad levels with this also and its not really a solution, but to be fair the cool pages isnt a solution either, its obvious by now... Or just invent something else... i dont know... Im just sick of it to know that some players (like myself) has put great effort and time into their levels, and they may not be MM pick material, but they sure as hell are alot better then the crap at the cool pages... Bah... I really love LBP (thats why i keep coming back even if i stay away for months) but these kind of things is what made me stop playing and creating in the first place... And if this continues there will be alot less players playing LBP real soon...
Just wish MM would listen and transmit it to sony or whoever is in charge of the online portion... And players should actually unite and send them this,... Like a damn petition or something, with enough voices they sure as hell will listen...

Posted Image

thanks again Alp for the awsome sig...

Posted Image

To all the New Members of LBN, foxeye wlecomes you... If you need any help or have any questions feel free to ask.
:) Enjoy our wonderfull forum. :)

R0T_IN

R0T_IN

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 619 posts
Ok on the old lbn there were able to have groups there was a group called project mayhem im surd some remember we had about 50 people devoted to changing the cool pages and its really easy it just takes about 10 dedicatec members with multi accounts. Its been tested and it works. The forums have the power to change anything we want to it will just take organization and dedication the more people we have the easier it would be to change it. To hit page 1 and be close to to the top we would need 10 people with atleast 4 accounts to play rate and heart a said level in the first 5 min published. I can explain more if enough people are interested.
Posted Image
Posted Image

FoX_EyE

FoX_EyE

:)

• Honoured Sacks
  • 4,148 posts
Rot, im in, i just have one acount though, but im willing to help with that... im sick and tired of the current state of thigs on LBP...

Posted Image

thanks again Alp for the awsome sig...

Posted Image

To all the New Members of LBN, foxeye wlecomes you... If you need any help or have any questions feel free to ask.
:) Enjoy our wonderfull forum. :)

R0T_IN

R0T_IN

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 619 posts
Well we have people now im sure when the other mayhem members see this they willl be game. Try to make a few more accounts the more the better if we had 50 members with 4 accounts we could put any level we wanted to in the number 1 spot on the cool pages whenever we wanted too its so easy it just takes organixation and dedicated people .
Posted Image
Posted Image

Christiandadrum

Christiandadrum

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I've just had a reply from MM!
Finally...they didn't say much, literally just said 'thanks for your email, I will go and have a word with the team now, thanks' - let's hope something is done!
  • Karpethead (Shade_seeker) likes this
Posted Image

Ryumera

Ryumera

The One and Only

• Moderators
  • 2,225 posts
  • LocationUSA
You rock Christian! Oh and your idea is really cool Thi, but i doubt it would work all the time, as some good levels get bad ratios due to its first dozen plays having no feedback, no yay, no heart etc, so that system could be possibly very difficult to achieve.
  • thi766 likes this

Christiandadrum

Christiandadrum

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Haven't heard anything else from them as of yet, but the fact they've at least acknowledged my email is a bloody good start, right? Whoever it was that answered said they'd go and 'talk to the team', so with any bit of luck SOMETHING might get done about this...I won't hold my breath but here's to wishful thinking lol
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox