How to Get More Plays Using Karting.LBP.me

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

amazingflyingpoo

amazingflyingpoo

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,275 posts
It's great to see so many new people getting into a LittleBigPlanet game, and also that so many are willing to get on the forums and advertise, which is a very important part of the LBP Creation process (BTW, leaving feedback is as well, so make sure to play other people's levels and leave feedback :)).

Well, there is one V-E-R-Y important step that most people are missing, and I believe that it will severely impart how much their levels are played in the future, and that is how they are using karting.LBP.me. It seems that more people are figuring out how to get their level link so that they can share it, but a majority of people have their privacy settings messed up, so I am here to show everyone how to configure everything correctly so that people can easily find and queue their levels from their computer.

So, let' begin :D

1) First of all, you need to go to http://karting.lbp.me and sign into SEN. If your name already appears in the top right corner then you are already logged in and can skip this step. However, if it says "Sign in with SEN" then you NEED to login:

Posted Image

You will be directed to a login page. Enter you PSN/SEN and password here that you created on your PS3 to login to play LBP (and any PS3 game) online.

2) Now that you are logged in you need to click your name in the top-right hand corner of the screen and a drop down menu will appear as shown in the picture below. Select the "Web Privacy" option:

Posted Image

3) This is where you configure your profile so that people can see your levels and queue them. Most people seem to be giving out their level links, but their privacy makes it so no one cans see their levels. Most likely, if you have not configured your settings then they are currently set to "I only want people to see my [ ] in the game", which will make it so people cannot queue your level from a computer. You need to select "Allow everyone to see my [ ] from the web". And then YOU NEED TO PRESS THE "Update Privacy Settings" BUTTON! I say this in all caps because I have forgotten to do this step before :P

Posted Image

Now I am going to explain how to get your level link so you can share it if you don't already know how...

4) Once you have pressed the Update Privacy Settings button, you will most likely be on the page where we want to be, but just to play it safe in case you aren't on the right page, select your name in the top-right corner of the screen once again, but this time select "My Profile" from the drop down menu:

Posted Image

5) You are now on your profile page. Scroll down and select "Published Levels" from the left-hand side bar:

Posted Image

6) From here you will see all of your published levels. You need to scroll down and find the level that you want to share and select it. In this case, I am scrolling down to my only LBPK level, Tree Top Trouble, and I will click the name of the level:

Posted Image

7) And this is where you want to link people to because this is where people can queue your level now that your privacy settings are correct, so just copy the web address and then paste it wherever you want to share:

Posted Image[/CENTER]
  • the sexy sack man, b-coli, Ghostseeker and 2 others like this

PMPawesomesaucesig2.png

Pocket Moon Podcast:PAX Prime 2013 Special Episode on
Soundcloud : iTunes : ">Direct Download : RSS Feed

Follow me on Twitter @amazingflyingpo

Schnuckelche

Schnuckelche

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
Nice tutorial. Pretty simple, many sacks are too busy racing to have noticed their privacy settings are default :P Now hopefully I can build a level to advertise once I get that game. :P
  • amazingflyingpoo likes this

My Instagram

amazingflyingpoo

amazingflyingpoo

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,275 posts
Glad that you liked it :-) I hope it helps!

PMPawesomesaucesig2.png

wpatton1

wpatton1

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationEquestria or Craftworld
How about littlesigplanet? That'll give the level a great look, too!
  • amazingflyingpoo likes this
Posted Image
Admit it, you would like to visit me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

amazingflyingpoo

amazingflyingpoo

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,275 posts
LittleSigPlanet is a great way to make a cool sig to tell about your level and I agree that people should check it out. However, I feel that getting actual snapshots from the level and especially level links added and privacy settings corrected are the most important things. If you don't have Privacy Settings correct and a level link then I honestly feel that many people from the forum will just ignore your level, and not having pics can also turn people away. However, not having a Sig probably won't make much of a difference to people if you have the other things (I guess that a link comes with a sig, but then again, you need the privacy settings to be correct).

Either way, LittleSigPlanet is a great tool and I would advise people to check it out once they have the other things sorted out :D

PMPawesomesaucesig2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox