Save... Yourself from Grief (2014 update)

Tutorial

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Schnuckelche

Schnuckelche

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

No Save As...

:@@

They got to be kidding me, No they must be kidding me.
This is why IGN give this game 5.0, How sad can creators be without a Save As function to start their Projects, Levels, ect.

Even LBP1, 2, PSP, And PSVita has the SAVE AS function...

But this, No this forgot...

Lol. If there are enough people voicing their concerns, and most sincere suggestions. I'm sure that the creators of the game will be intrigued to patch up this stuff, which is highly suggested to be built into the game. I never imagined the game to be rated, like that. They need to get into the program.. ;)
  • Ronaldsr likes this

My Instagram

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 589 posts
Added this to the OP:

Capture often when you're creating your own objects, don't rely entirely on level save files. I say this because I recently encountered a bug some creators may remember from beta, in which the objects in a level rearrange themselves. It sounds crazy, but it's true.

Pieces of material actually become scattered around the level, and decorations can also move in relationship to the material they were placed on.

• Ronaldsr likes this

I've been to Comic-Con!

TheFloppierSack

TheFloppierSack

Awesome Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCA
Wow thank you, you did save me some grief, before my PS3 froze lol, but still very helpful :P.
  • Ronaldsr likes this

LittleBlackadder

LittleBlackadder

Restless Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 927 posts
  • LocationAustralia
I have found creating in Karting frustrating. Too often it freezes in create mode and you can lose work. I have found the only way to solve is hit "save" every 15 minutes or so. I'm not sure if any patches have been put in to stop the freezing. As there is no "save as" you have to stop, then copy the level into another crater and then rename it.
  • Ronaldsr likes this
Posted Image

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 589 posts

After finishing my latest project, I've added this to the OP:

March Update: The Trouble with Microchips

We know and love them from LBP2, but don't place too much trust in the Karting Microchip - like inlaws at your birthday party, Karting Microchips will overstay their welcome.

I recently built a lot of objects with Microchips holding Sounds and Effects Emitters. I found that sometimes when I place one of these objects and then later delete it, the Circuit Board from the chip will reappear after I've exited and re-loaded the level. The chip isn't there, just the circuit board - and everything on it works, so in my case I had random sounds and effects popping up in my level.

The Circuit Board cannot be deleted. It can be closed, but that doesn't get rid of it permanently. All the logic has to be deleted individually. This isn't so bad compared to other problems in Karting, but if you've got a lot of logic on a lot of unwanted Circuit Boards, it's time consuming.

To make things easier, I recommend that any large Microchips be placed on another chip. This way if you have the glitch, you can just delete the large chip off of the other chip's Circuit Board. It's much quicker than stripping away loads of logic.

Edit - forgot to add this little gem:

And... When you've saved an object that includes a Microchip and then take that object from your popit, sometimes the wiring has disconnected itself. Most often this occurs when you have wires between two chips, but it can also happen within a single chip or between a chip and an object.

If an object you've saved has logic problems, check the wiring. I've created one object with some very simple logic and no matter how many times I redo the wiring and capture, the logic is disconnected next time I place the object.

• Ronaldsr likes this

I've been to Comic-Con!

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 589 posts

I'm just going to bump this thread since I've done a little update on the woes of swathing over from disk to digital version ;)

• b-coli and Ronaldsr like this

I've been to Comic-Con!

Yonderland

Yonderland

Hot Shot Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

no one likes lbk. wasting your time

• Ronaldsr likes this

sig.png

SWampMeet11_zpsc2298e26.png

Pookachoo

Pookachoo

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 589 posts

no one likes lbk. wasting your time

Sorry you think so, truth is I get regular plays on my levels and know people who are actively creating - so I don't think I little update from time to time is a waste.

• b-coli, LittleBlackadder, Empademic and 1 other like this

I've been to Comic-Con!

slufoot48

slufoot48

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Only thing about Karting thats good.. the dlc costumes. But we cant have them in lbp2. Dang what a waist, the thing that makes lbp2 so cool is having your friends... karting,.. nope not gunna happen, besides modnation is better
  • Ronaldsr likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tutorial

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox