Crown contest prizes create

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 10,892 posts

As the rustling leaves and spooky spectacle of Halloween fades in the lengthening winter nights...
Cold winds and snowflakes herald the approach of Christmas festivities ahead!

But something else is emerging from the shadows!
A brand spanking new, sparkling, seasonal Crown contest for everyone to enjoy some CREATE-SHARE-PLAY fun!

Posted Image

As this is the first major Crown Contest to be co-hosted by two fun filled fan sites the winner will receive a shiny LBP crown to add to their Christmas decorations and two...yes TWO!! Exclusive in game winners pins!

- Creators are required to create an original, previously unpublished level of any genre combining all the best elements of the two seasonal celebrations. Halloween hobgoblins and happy elves, platforming pumpkins and partying penguins all come together to share the fun!

- The level must have gameplay/scoring elements.

- One level slot/thermo per entry. No level-linking of any kind. (Here's how to do this without losing your jaw-dropping visuals);)

- Originality is the name of the game. That means Nightmare Before Christmas or generic zombie survival levels will be sternly frowned upon! :Angrier:

- Register your participation [here] and publish your level between Friday 14th - Mon 17th December, including the prefix SSCC at the start of your level title.

Runner up prizes for players and some other surprises in store too!

Have fun and feel free to post any questions in this thread.

Frequently Asked Questions
(more to come)

If I build a level with a friend, does my friend get a crown too?
The account on which the winning level is published gets the crown, but the two exclusive pins can be arranged for both you and your friends.

Is this contest for LBP Vita?
It's just for LBP2 (or LBP1) on the PS3. There will be some contests for Vita in the new year.

Are participants required to sign up on both sites?
No. You can register your participation in the contest here on LBN, or on LBPC, or on both sites if you feel like it.

Are short cutscene intros alright as long as they're not split through level links?
Yes, that would be fine.
  • b-coli, arklon, Whofan and 16 others like this

Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

(omg) http://lbp.me/u/EnochRoot/levels :'(

Schnuckelche

Schnuckelche

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
Ooh! This looks fancy. I'll enter.
  • EnochRoot likes this

My Instagram

arklon

arklon

Ultra-Sack to the rescue!

• Moderators
  • 2,084 posts
yay another competition to work tiresly one for many a late night! heh with LBP centeral in the mix I have a ghosts chance in santa's workshop of winning this heh. So I think I will come up with an idea that works with one of my better strengths and do something with a really thought out ,original and compex story and maybe cut down on the wacky humor a bit...
  • EnochRoot likes this

[SIGPIC]mF4r4Pz_zps15744040.png[/SIGPIC]

Making movies that no one wants to see!

Schnuckelche

Schnuckelche

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
Oh.. Just now noticed. I'm suspended for about a month. I emailed Sony about it all, and they said I used something that went past the language filter. I hadn't played LBP2 in about a month, and I only came to play Enoch's level and review it. I didn't reply to anyone.

Possibly I could help out in the thread, or whatnot. Can't enter this one, as I want the pin & crown to be given on my specific account.
Oh well.. :P

My Instagram

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 10,892 posts
Please note we're looking for originality folks! No nightmare before Christmas tributes!
  • arklon, Ryumera, Liquid_Blood_ and 2 others like this

OmegaSlayer

OmegaSlayer

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hey!!!
On behalf of the Contest Crew I wanted to wish good luck to all the creators and thank the awesome Network staff!
So glad to work with you!!!
  • EnochRoot, b-coli, mistervista and 4 others like this

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 10,892 posts

Hey!!!
On behalf of the Contest Crew I wanted to wish good luck to all the creators and thank the awesome Network staff!
So glad to work with you!!!

Yep a little piece of LBP history! 1st crown contest to be co-hosted by two major sites! SHARE ftw!
  • b-coli, mistervista, xerorogue and 2 others like this

Ryumera

Ryumera

The One and Only

• Moderators
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationUSA
ill enter

Ghostseeker

Ghostseeker

Ghosts! Everywhere!

• Sack Stars
  • 269 posts
  • LocationSaudi arabia
Great contest, i will totally enter this :) good luck everyone!
  • EnochRoot, b-coli and xerorogue like this

sig.png

Check out my profile:)

sig.png

Check out my new level:)

Schnuckelche

Schnuckelche

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
Hiya Guys! I see some folks have already begun getting ready to start creating! I'd just like to note that all participants go in this thread to keep everything nicely organized, and not scattered upon this thread.

Participants thread:
http://www.littlebig...cipants-thread/

If you're new here, make an introduction. And before submitting your levels, make sure you understand the rules and expectations within this thread. ;)

Kind regards,
Schnucks

My Instagram

Fishy Crackers

Fishy Crackers

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationUnited States (Unfortunately)
Ooh, fancy contest guys. I'll have to get this done around (literaly), thanksgiving because I'll be AF-PS3 so from the 16-26 no creating :( also... Can it be a vita level?

Liquid_Blood_

Liquid_Blood_

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 941 posts
  • LocationThe Orb of Dreams (as the rest of the omniverse calls it)

Please note we're looking for originality folks! No nightmare before Christmas tributes!

This was the first worry I had. Maybe it should be made a requirement! :P

I also predict someone will ask "Does ONE thermo mean no level-linking" and "If more than one person collaborates, who gets the prizes?" and "How much of the level can be cutscenes, or does it all have to be gameplay"? Seem to be common questions. :)

Actually, since you say any genre, I suppose that doesn't limit it to platformers huh? ...interesting!!
  • EnochRoot and xerorogue like this

Princess Sakura

Princess Sakura

Royal Sack

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts
  • LocationUK
I have an idea for this, not sure if I can pull it off on one thermo though. If I do it will be a very short level

Sakura

KrokZombie

KrokZombie

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I might enter this contest, but I have a question, If I build a level with a friend, does my friend get a crown too ?

yugnar

yugnar

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Oh boy! With Central and Network fans entering this, I just can't imagine the HUGE amount of awesome entries this thing will have. You judges better be prepared!
Posted Image

RenoTonakai

RenoTonakai

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
I would love to take part, count me in! :)
  • EnochRoot and xerorogue like this

sig.png

Liquid_Blood_

Liquid_Blood_

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 941 posts
  • LocationThe Orb of Dreams (as the rest of the omniverse calls it)

I might enter this contest, but I have a question, If I build a level with a friend, does my friend get a crown too ?

WHOA, Chalk one up for my psychic abilities!! :D

Based on previous contests, I believe the answer is: Only the person whose account the level is posted on will get the prizes. However, the crown is distributed as a PSN code, so you guys could fight over it. ;)

If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me!

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 10,892 posts

The account on which the winning level is published gets the crown but the two exclusive pins can be arranged for both you and your friends.
  • Liquid_Blood_ likes this

Blackbeltnick95

Blackbeltnick95

Royal Sack

• Sack Stars
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNY
I'll probably pass on this one. I was about to ask if we could make a film haha but then I read it needs gameplay lol. My next film is around Christmas time, but not based on Christmas so I guess it wouldn't count anyways. Good luck to all who enter. :D

Idgo

Idgo

hnngg

• Happy Sacks
  • 710 posts
  • LocationThe Broccoli Realm
So this is the secret contest TRaciti wouldn't tell me about...

Well, it looks brilliant! Combining 2 of my favourite holidays...not sure if I'm quite as skilled as Tim Burton to pull of a wowzer like this! But hey, I'll think about it.
  • EnochRoot likes this

Posted Image

Epic signature brought to you by Schnuckio! Thanks a bunch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox