Posted Image
Posted Image

OmieR

OmieR

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFinland
I was really not waiting this game, and to be honest not so excited at all, cause far cry 2 after few missions even if it looked so darn well didnt make me want to play it anymore. But after reading few good reviews and watching some gameplay I decided to give this one a go, cause Im a huge fan of freeroam games and must say, this tropical island playground looks really great, Im allready imagining just driving around the jungle and swimming in paradise waters and hopeing sharks or alligators wont bother me :D This is definetely I one of the promising freeroam games for this year 2012, then we are gonna wait GTAV.

This tropical island also reminds a lot of Dead Island, only without zombies. Also jungle looks really great with all those birds and wild animals there. Definetly worth of try imo.
  • b-coli and nirvana like this
Posted Image

Karpethead (Shade_seeker)

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 544 posts
  • LocationUk
Yep, I am VERY excited about this!!! Will be buying it as soon as I get home from work on Friday...... "skyrim with guns!!!" (and no bugs either so they say, woohoooo!!!
  • nirvana and OmieR like this
LATEST LEVELS:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

........................................................ (MM picked woohoo!!)............................................

SCHWITZER-1945

SCHWITZER-1945

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCanada, Alberta, Airdrie
Farcry 2 was one of the most best FPS games i ever had and i think this one will be more EPIC!
SCHWITZER-1945: Creations

Posted Image

http://lbp.me/u/SCHWITZER-1945

Ryumera

Ryumera

The One and Only

• Moderators
  • 2,222 posts
  • LocationUSA
i kinda liked Far Cry 2... besides those damn malaria pills...

R0T_IN

R0T_IN

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 619 posts

Posted Image
Posted Image

OmieR

OmieR

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFinland
This game is absolutely great, of course it depends who playing this. For me as I am a huge fan of freeroam games everything you do here is up to you. One day I just drive with boat around the ocean and dive into the deep waters trying to discover the life beyond and I loved it, and one day I was swimming at the rivers and Alligator attacked me, I allmost got a heart attack there and after that Im really careful with rivers. This game may be repitive if you let it be repitive, you can take out pirate bases with all kind of different things, run and shoot everybody, playing a silent assasin, or place the explosives. Story missions giving you some fresh missions, also hunting animals is fun, dont expect this game to be a war game, its more like vacation at the paradise but it went wrong and you have to survive. The graphics looks really great even on PS3, with all the mountains and water, plants and palm trees, all under the water life, the place really feels alive. Also what I love, that animals is attacking also pirates or sivilians, one day I was at the boat at saw one guy walking at the near of the river and alligator just draged him into the waters, brutal? yes but thats one little detail what makes this place dangerous and alive, that nobody is safe here if you are not careful.

Far Cry 2 was a great game as well, but there everybody you see were angry and I felt that everybody is angry and shooting you all the time, in Far Cry 3 you have friendly people and calm villages. Malaria and jamming guns were actually nice, but after a while it wasnt so fun when everybody shoots at you and then your gun jamming and you have to take those malaria pills at the same time when you at war, not fun at all. May sound fun at paper, but in reality it wasnt.

If you liked Far Cry 2, you probably will love Far Cry 3.

Far Cry 3 is definetely for me the best open world game 2012!
Posted Image

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 544 posts
  • LocationUk
Yeah, excited about this. Really wanted to buy it Friday but decided to rush my tank vs aliens level and get that finished first. Probably buying it Monday, though I'm concerned I'll probably just turn on lbp and tinker after an hour hahah curse lbp!
I wonder what the map generator is like, loved it in far cry 2, just could never get people to actually join and play a game on it!
Co-op missions interest me too! The best fun I've ever had with online gaming was in rainbow six Vegas: four of you against the computer..... So hope it's as much fun as that! Fingers crossed this game attracts a lot of players and the online lobby's have people in them!
LATEST LEVELS:

........................................................ (MM picked woohoo!!)............................................

Argetlam350

Argetlam350

Restless Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 631 posts
  • LocationBillings
I've been debating to get this for the holidays. Yet when it was compared to Skyrim I'm hesitant. I wasn't a big fan of Skyrim is why though yes I can see why it is a good game. So I'm unsure yet it does look pretty awesome and I do like free roaming.

Posted Image

the sexy sack man

the sexy sack man

sexy ting yeah

• Moderators
  • 3,653 posts
Has anyone got this? I want to know if its worth a buy, has it still got level creator?

Posted Image

Posted Image

'Staff member of the year'- Stop in the name of the sexy sack man!
Dr Kandatto said:

"If I give it a twist" Dave Grahl is obviously talking about SSM's Nipples

Venctum

Venctum

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUSA
Downloading on PC as we speak. Looking forward to playing it! :D

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 10,956 posts
yes there is still a multiplayer map editor.

Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

(omg) http://lbp.me/u/EnochRoot/levels :'(

OmieR

OmieR

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFinland
Comparing this game to Skyrim is imo a big huge lie, if there is a bow and a few animals and few small caves doesnt make this Skyrim at all. IMO there is nothing Skyrim in this game, and I even dont know who originally figure to call this game "Skyrim with guns". Probably Ubisoft, anyway still its a very good game, but just dont believe that skyrim with guns crap.

Skyrim is one of the kind, and its wrong to compaire this game to "skyrim with guns" so what Skyrim then? is it like "Far Cry 3 without guns" So if you didnt like Skyrim that much or what ever, dont be afraid to buy this game, this game is nothing like it. Its completely different type of game.
  • nirvana and Ryumera like this
Posted Image

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 544 posts
  • LocationUk
Really enjoying this!! If you like long range kills with silenced snipers this game is a blast.... Been havi g great fun sitting in bushes in high vantage spots picking off enemies to infiltrate bases. The story is engaging and very rough (Definately right with the 18 cetificate) vehicles are a but twitchy, and take some time to get use to, but once you do it's real thrilling racing around on dirt tracks in jeeps as you head for your next mission. Loads of exploring to do, but I recon they made it to easy to upgrade your weapons and equipment, it's got to the point I don't Erm borer looting bodies and checki g in caves for loot.

Started playing multiplayer tonight, it's your usual online shooter, but the maps are large and fun, and there is some element of team play with the ability of healing your team mates.

Had a quick go of the map editor, works well, and all pretty straight forward, te only trouble i see with this is yeah sure, it's great fun making these maps, but how the heck do you get ANY ONE to play them. In guessing unless you have a good few friends to play with, it seems a bit pointless. Another strange idea is they now allow you to place AI on your maps, but you can't play co-op with a friend, which would be GREAT FUN (just like the co-op in rainbow six Vegas , my most favourite online shooter of all times)

There ARE co-op missions you can play with upto three others but they are from what I've seen, pretty linea, and don't have the same open world feel that the other play modes have.

Def' worth a buy if you like shooting and looting and exploring, kinda grand theft auto ....on a tropical island :)
  • b-coli likes this
LATEST LEVELS:

Venctum

Venctum

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUSA
Oh my god, this game.

Finished it in 3 days, I really just focused on the story missions (hunted a bit, got a lot of the important stuff to extended level)

And Vaas is probably the best villain I've seen in a video game. He's just.. so evil.

The guns, there aren't a wide range of guns, just the same weapons you see such as the AK, m16, m14, etc.

The hunting in this game is exceptional. There are even quests to get special animals to craft better items.

The skill system is flat out stellar. The way you get "inked", so to speak, is epic. You can gain more health slots, takedowns, and sneaky sorts.

All in all I'd give this game a 9.8. There's a couple of minor bugs that made me die over and over, but this game shows true amazing at it's best.
  • b-coli and Karpethead (Shade_seeker) like this

mcdonald1967

mcdonald1967

Awesome Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLondon, England
Now i have no idea if i'm the only one that has farcry 3 or not but honestly this game blew me away and it's not letting me come back!
This game is absolutely amazing. Littlebigplanet is a great game but FARCRY 3 makes LBP2 look like a Nintendo64 game (at some points):S
The graphics, the feel of it, THE AMOUNT OF THINGS YOU CAN DO ON IT, makes this game; the best game i've ever played in my whole life.

For example: Adventures you can go on in story mode, even when you've finished the actual story.

And guess what. There's even a map editor. Just like there's a Level editor in Littlebigplanet.

But as always, at the end of the day. It's a first person shooter/ adventure game with a creative twist to it.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT WHAT I THINK, I WANT TO HEAR WHAT THE REST OF YOU THINK!

Posted Image

nirvana

nirvana

Royal Sack

• Moderators
  • 2,042 posts
hey, mcdonald, i've merged your thread with the existing far cry 3 thread. great to see such enthusiasm for a game.

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,048 posts
hi, my name is b-coli, and i am a Far Cry 3 addict.
i have been off Far Cry 3 now for about 10 hours... :D

haha, yeah but seriously, the game is addicting. i am really enjoying the story, and the free roam FPS sneaking around and strategizing how i am gonna take out the next camp all on my own... am i gonna shoot the cage in the camp holding the pissed off animal(jaguar, bear, tiger, etc...), and let that take out as many pirates as it can before i come in and sweep up afterwards? am i gonna sneak around and take out each person one by one in secret? am i gonna use an adrenaline shot and go straight in guns a blazing? maybe i want to walk in with a flame thrower and just torch the whole camp. so many options, i haven't even touched co-op yet, wanna finish the main campaign. but one thing is for sure, i am having a blast with it :)

anyone else enjoying it as much as me?
  • EnochRoot likes this

Posted Image

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 10,956 posts
One of the few games to drag me away from LBP over christmas. I love the way you can create your own game experience by electing to apprach it in the style you desire. the sort of game that the more you put into it the more rewarding it becomes. I've only be playing a little while but I've already tripped out on magic mushrooms and some sort of jungle juice drink! anyone else think Dennis reminds them of Wil.i.am?
  • the sexy sack man and b-coli like this

Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

(omg) http://lbp.me/u/EnochRoot/levels :'(

Ryumera

Ryumera

The One and Only

• Moderators
  • 2,222 posts
  • LocationUSA
You get more exp when you take over a outpost without sounding the alarm. I think you get 550 exp. Something i just found out is if you can get 1550 exp if you are never detected. I took over the "AM 12" outpost in 20 seconds by unleashing a barrage of explosive arrows on the enemy. and this was the first time i got the bonus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox