809 replies to this topic

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,863 posts

POPULAR

Posted Image

A thread to for all those small discussions or queries involving the wonderful world of videogames!

All related posts welcome. So if you have something to post and don't think it merits a whole thread or if you just want a general discussion of gaming habits, the videogame industry or gaming behaviour please feel free to contribute.

And to kick off....with the January sales heading our way and retailers already hoping to clear older games to make room for the new can anyone recommend some bargain PS3 games they've spotted?

I purchased the sadly undeated Neir recently and was very pleasantly surprised by how much fun it is.
On the shelf of my local supermarket ASDA I spotted a couple of games all under £15..has anyone played them?Are they worth a purchase?

ModNation Racers (I know this is fun)

Kane & Lynch 2 ( I never played the 1st or this? )

Castlevania (Not long released?)

All opinions welcome.

Edited by EnochRoot, 19 December 2010 - 09:25 PM.

• Zchqvqqrc, ThomasBib, MichealNubs and 58 others like this

Enochrootsignature.png
3729682643_92edd74d92_o.png
Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

Alp

Alp

Call me Marc.

• Moderators
  • 7,009 posts
  • LocationDenmark
Kane & Lynch didn't get the best reviews, IO Interactive should probably go back to making Hitman games,

if anyone haven't played the indie game Braid and want to play it and donate a little to charity you should take a look at the Humble Bundle: http://www.humblebundle.com/
  • ThomasBib likes this

6IQn38i.png

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,974 posts
i recommend 3D Dot Game Heroes and Brutal Legend, both are going for pretty cheap these days... around $15-$20 each :P
another one i have seen cheap and i thought was fun when i had it was Pure... if you like 4 wheeler(quad) racing this is a great game!

on twitter @b_coli_ LBP related, or @TheMindOfColi everything else!

BusterHarvey

BusterHarvey

Restless Sack

• PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Gack.

I have to give back my copy of AC: Brotherhood tomorrow.

I still haven't completed it. I WANT MOAR.

Welcome to LBN.

I still don't like that pickle.

UltraRazpacho

UltraRazpacho

The Head Honcho of Tomfoolery

• Honoured Sacks
  • 3,123 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Kane & Lynch didn't get the best reviews, IO Interactive should probably go back to making Hitman games,

if anyone haven't played the indie game Braid and want to play it and donate a little to charity you should take a look at the Humble Bundle: http://www.humblebundle.com/

I got the Humble bundle. :) Donated 50$.

BusterHarvey

BusterHarvey

Restless Sack

• PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
I'm chatting to them as we speak :o

Welcome to LBN.

ApeCheese

ApeCheese

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 258 posts
Has anyone gotten Dead Nation? Is it any good? I think its a top down zombie survival game kind of like Dead Ops Arcade, I've been thinking about playing it.

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,974 posts
it looks cool, a little more than dead ops, as there are power ups and things to find etc... check youtube for some videos of gameplay. looks cool though, i just have too many games already as it is ;) :P

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 11,863 posts

Has anyone gotten Dead Nation? Is it any good? I think its a top down zombie survival game kind of like Dead Ops Arcade, I've been thinking about playing it.

great fun considering its low price point. Recommend playing in single player first to get used to the controls but quite addictive with online and co-op game modes, and global rankings. Finland still kicking everyones butt?! Guess it's cold and dark with nothing else to do there except shoot zombies.

Posted Image

Enochrootsignature.png
3729682643_92edd74d92_o.png
Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

THE_HOG_FLU

THE_HOG_FLU

The Swine King

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,699 posts
i heard that the new castlevania was great, never played it though. i know that Brutal Legend was awesome. I'd get that if you like metal at all.

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,974 posts

i heard that the new castlevania was great, never played it though. i know that Brutal Legend was awesome. I'd get that if you like metal at all.

yay!!! someone else who has appreciated Brutal Legend as well :P i had a blast with that game :P
the story wasn't that bad either, kinda funny actually :P

i know WhoFan has been playing that new castlevania game...and he likes it i think... i actually just got Bayonetta from amazon for $14.99 the other day but still have not tried it out yet, couldn't pass that price since i always wanted to try it out. looked fun and the enemies i have seen looked really cool.

THE_HOG_FLU

THE_HOG_FLU

The Swine King

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,699 posts
yeah, brutal legend was a blast. jack black was funny as hell, cool gameplay as well. again though, you have to like metal to really get it.

ClockworkDemon

ClockworkDemon

Lightsaber in one hand, I can be your savior.

• Happy Sacks
  • 2,538 posts
  • LocationKansas, USA
What's the best free MMORPG for the computer out there?

Posted Image

Uncle_Brainhorn

Uncle_Brainhorn

Royal Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 1,934 posts

There's not one.

I liked the new Castlevania, it was pretty decent. I hated Brutal Legend.

I'm not here much anymore. Contact me on Skype if you ever want to chat. Skype is "uncle_brainhorn" with no quotes.

Also check out my mixtape

b-coli

b-coli

Eat, Play, Sleep

• Administrators
  • 8,974 posts
why did you hate brutal? i really did not like the RTS portions of it, but loved just cruising around and flipping through songs and jumping off stuff :P i don't even like jack black, but i thought he was perfect for that roll :)

Uncle_Brainhorn

Uncle_Brainhorn

Royal Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 1,934 posts

why did you hate brutal? i really did not like the RTS portions of it, but loved just cruising around and flipping through songs and jumping off stuff :P i don't even like jack black, but i thought he was perfect for that roll :)

Mostly the bait-and-switch demo. And I agree, Jack Black was good for the role, but I couldn't get passed the RTS thing. I HAAAATE RTS games.

I'm not here much anymore. Contact me on Skype if you ever want to chat. Skype is "uncle_brainhorn" with no quotes.

Also check out my mixtape

UltraRazpacho

UltraRazpacho

The Head Honcho of Tomfoolery

• Honoured Sacks
  • 3,123 posts
  • LocationFlorida

http://www.runescape...e.ws?nosplash=1

Runescape is pretty fun. I haven't played it in ages though.

konniksanders

konniksanders

LBP3!

• MembersAwaitingApproval
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden, The Netherlands

3D Dot Game Heroes
Brutal Legend

$15-$20

That's awesome dude!:D

I really like 3d Dot Game Heroes, I've only never seen it in a store.:(

As for Brütal Legend... it's a classic I guess, and I love Jack Black.:D

Anyone else very upset that they changed the sexy platina blonde hair of Dante to black in DMC: 5? :

ApeCheese

ApeCheese

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 258 posts

great fun considering its low price point. Recommend playing in single player first to get used to the controls but quite addictive with online and co-op game modes, and global rankings. Finland still kicking everyones butt?! Guess it's cold and dark with nothing else to do there except shoot zombies.

Thanks! I downloaded it last night, excellent, just what I was looking for. I think the same people who made Super Stardust made Dead Nation & I love Stardust, both games are fairly simple yet addictive & great fun!

BusterHarvey

BusterHarvey

Restless Sack

• PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Ah, Runescape. I quit after my computer got slow.

Might brush it off for old times sake.

Welcome to LBN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox