My levels

EnochRoot

EnochRoot

pop,pop,poppity,POP!

• Administrators
  • 10,748 posts
Cake...lots and lots of cake:p
  • Lbphart3 likes this

Ironically, irony is wasted on those with no sense of ironism...Oh the irony!

(omg) http://lbp.me/u/EnochRoot/levels :'(

ThePood

ThePood

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
For me it's all about play-ability. I know that's a bit of a no-brainer, obviously you want people to be able to play your level, but it's amazing to me what a small amount of quality control is done before something is published.

I don't admit to being the most original creator, but there are some players who just copy levels from the story almost to the T, and that's annoying, as well. Learn how the levels are laid out and how the mechanisms work, then make your own. That's the only way people are going to remember your level.

Whofan

Whofan

Back in full color

• Honoured Sacks
  • 2,573 posts
  • Locationin front of you, hurting both your eyes and fashion sense.

Cake...lots and lots of cake:p

Now I know how to get 5 stars from Enoch. Be looking for my cake level coming soon:p

I love visuals and originality. Show me some Art and something I've never seen before. I'm amazed at how many times I log on and still find something new and interesting to me. Even a current theme done well is refreshing.
Call me old school but I love a good platformer, too. can't help it.;)

NetworkerM

NetworkerM

Hot Shot Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

I will kill whoever copies more bomb survivals without making them unique!

In other words, copy someone's bomb survival level and edit a few of the simple pieces, no-one will be able to tell the difference, :P :P :P
Posted Image
My Enemies all face the Chaos Spear and don't live, who's next?
my love, she knows she has it, the story cannot be found but it's true.

Aevun

Aevun

Second Grandmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
Visuals, originality, gameplay, put everything possible together and BOOM! 100 star level:P:P:P

Posted Image

Posted Image

monypm

monypm

Hello there.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMexico
Visual are important, but I don't care if it's got a good story, some good gameplay (even if I'm not that good myself at making it :P) and Originality!! :D

Also when you have to grab a disollute... dissolving? however it's called the greenish material, as to eat something :P Specially if it "chomps" or "gulps" :D

beesig.jpg

Spoiler

ZOMG I'm Uh-mazing!! :D

DanishCrown

DanishCrown

Royal Sack

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts
Looks like I have a whole different opinion on this than most of you have.
Not that a level get any worse of the visuals, but the most important thing in a level for me would be the platforming part.
exspecially if the level is hard, so it makes me want to keep trying, I can personally try the same part of a level forever untill I do it. So a very simply, hard and platformed level is excellent in my opinion. ;)
Posted Image
Need help acing story mode in lbp2?
http://www.littlebig...8640#post178640
Need help with Co-Op Challenges in lbp2?
http://www.littlebig...9123#post179123

cortez72

cortez72

Restless Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 748 posts
What makes a good level to me is the authors 'stamp'. The unique brand they bring to their level. I love when I find a level that has been overlooked, a level which is usually difficult, or doesn't have the best visuals- but you find that one thing in there that they hang their whole level off... it might be the boss battle, or a new type of platform, or a clever piece of art. And you know when you are looking at it, that the person who created the level loved making it, they couldn't wait for you to appreciate that feature.

Thats a 5 star level. When you meet the creator's personality in a lovingly made object, puzzle or, well anything.
A man sitting at home on the deck with his wife and he says:"I love you."
She asks: "Is that you or the beer talking?"
He replies: "It's me.......................................................... talking to the beer."

Ungreth

Ungreth

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
On one end of the scale I love artistic levels with a distinct aesthetic, where the creator has expressed themselves and given an insight into their psyche or soul, or used lbp as a medium to explore deeper themes, whether this is reflective of contemporary social/political issues or purely abstract/metaphysical in concept.

On the other end of the scale I like levels that give me an instant buzz and a cheap laugh.

BusterHarvey

BusterHarvey

Restless Sack

• PipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
I voted all, as they are the recipe to a.. Well, not a good level.. An Amazing level!

A good level should consist of mediocre/nice visuals, challenging gameplay and innovative ideas.

Welcome to LBN.

I still don't like that pickle.

Warfarekid

Warfarekid

New Sack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
When i play a level i like to see a good story behind it and diversity!
[url=http://mag.racked.eu]Posted Image[/URL]

Idgo

Idgo

hnngg

• Happy Sacks
  • 710 posts
  • LocationThe Broccoli Realm
If by level you mean a standard platformer level, for me, there are 3 major elements:

DETAIL - if there is a close attention to detail it seems very proffesional. Background, foreground, characters, even the scoreboard make it brilliant. This also includes the use of music (sequenced music is helpful because it seems a lot less lazy, but only if the music sounds good). Also grammar and spelling is important, it makes you seem more educated (But Don't Type With Every Letter As A Capital, It Is Frustrating To Read). And use the grid (mostly, not always, e.g. characters)

GAMEPLAY - if the gameplay iis unique then it is interesting, smart and very fun! E.g. not just a jump over electricity, something with material tweakers is quite good and using powerups in new ways. My friend published a level that required slapping sackbot pandas onto buttons that opened doors! xD

STORY - if it is a not too complex story, but is obvious of what the intention is yet not too simple, then it is fun. I don't like levels that just makes you run and jump aimlessly, I like levels with a motivation. My friend (same one) used the idea of an apple being kidnapped and threatened to be crushed into juice as a story, which was fun. I also like some humour in the story, as I explained.

Smaller things are helpful but they're not as important, for example cardboard characters are fun, especially if you use sticker panel for facial features so they change expressions.

Wow, that was a lot to read. I hope this helps anyone!

Posted Image

Epic signature brought to you by Schnuckio! Thanks a bunch!

Schnuckelche

Schnuckelche

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
I agree with the others. Gameplay, visuals, story, attention to detail, creative, original, and anything else you could find in MM pick kind of platformers. Try revising the level's you make before you attempt to publish them. Make sure they consist of all of these different factors, and I promise you, that you'll have a good level.

Levels lacking one factor, can be fulfilled by another to take it's place. Just don't lack to many of the different parts. If you have an artistic level, but it lacks much gameplay aspects, that wouldn't be any good. People will say it's nice, but it is boring. You need to have just right amount of every aspect, that's gonna give you a good level.
Spending lots of time creating also gives many a opportunity to make the best level. If you basically just rush out a level, assuming all factors have been fulfilled.. The level will usually turn out bad. For platforms, I recommend taking some time into it without the need to rush. ;)

If you don't think your level is good, have a few friends play it so they can give their opinions and suggestions; That's something their there for.
Take their critics, and put them to action. Use their suggestions, to develop some consideration. Have a look at the particular part of the level, and double think. Should you demolish, or edit that?

Take your time, some projects can take up to a year or so. ;)

My Instagram

AironTheSackboy

AironTheSackboy

Hot Shot Sack

• Happy Sacks
  • 412 posts
  • LocationIn the Random Land of Random
originality! Just it! I don't look too much for details ( to say the truth yes but... )... Well I like gameplay, the story, and well I'm bored so I don't have what to say .-.

I'm floppy

Don't forget to visit my profile on LBP.me :)
Posted Image Posted Image

Schnuckelche

Schnuckelche

Royal Sack

• Honoured Sacks
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
Apparently, this thread was kind of over months ago. I'm assuming the question was resolved. ;) *Awkward silence*

My Instagram

Idgo

Idgo

hnngg

• Happy Sacks
  • 710 posts
  • LocationThe Broccoli Realm
I'll finish this awkward silence with a nice perfect cadence.

D G!!! How nice was that? The correct answer is very.

Posted Image

Epic signature brought to you by Schnuckio! Thanks a bunch!

cyrusali

cyrusali

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUK
good lvls to me are detailed lvls with a good story, action, and puzzles that arent to easy or to hard
  • cyrusali likes this

ramkibainu

ramkibainu

Awesome Sack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Locationmexico

story,visuals and puzzles :)

character-sackboy1.pngcharacter-davinci2.pngcharacter-eve2.png

Charles--1970

Charles--1970

Hot Shot Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Imagination is tops with me as well. If a level has a different story to it then the sme old thing we all play again and again that;s a huge plus to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB skins by Skinbox